New Xeon platform leaks, named Skylake Purley, coming in 2017.

Bouzoo

They arent a part of HPC market anyway.

wasnt it leaked some time ago that Skylake or Cannonlake EX will support NVLink optionally?

I never heard that, but I suppose I wouldn't be surprised either way.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

I never heard that, but I suppose I wouldn't be surprised either way.

I think it was leaked. Anyhow i think Nvidia could have enough push for intel to implement NVLink in their EP and EX lineup, especially if they strike some IP deal, as intel needs it to stay competitive with their Xeon Phis, while NVLink will just increase NV's market share with intels products.

Edit, it might have been IBM and Power9 that are implementing it, im not sure. I know it will be implemented in the P9/Volta SIERRA supercomputer, but im not sure if that means it will be in all P9 chips

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Since I'm not into those new technologies, NVlink is only for Nvidia right? Yeah, dumb question. If it is, what's the alternative for AMD?

AMD doesn't care about HPC anyways. They have TWO supercomputers in the TOP500. TWO. Intel, Nvidia and IBM are the real players. Yes, Opteron CPUs power some of them, but CPU supercomputing isn't really a thing these days. 

is that pronounced purrrrr-lee or pure-lee :/

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

28 cores wiht HT = 56 threads .... Can't handle that much performance and that pricetag ... 

wait till someone shoves 4 of them onto a single board O_O

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

up to 28 cores :D

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Holy balls! 28 cores, 6 channels of memory per CPU, 48 PCI lanes per CPU.

I know this is server gear stuff but this is certainly interesting nonetheless.

Now, I wonder when we are getting PCI-e Gen 4 and not just more lanes

wait till someone shoves 4 of them onto a single board O_O

Imagine Linus doing it ... The Intel Xeon team will probably be traumatise for life ...

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

I think it was leaked. Anyhow i think Nvidia could have enough push for intel to implement NVLink in their EP and EX lineup, especially if they strike some IP deal, as intel needs it to stay competitive with their Xeon Phis, while NVLink will just increase NV's market share with intels products.

Edit, it might have been IBM and Power9 that are implementing it, im not sure. I know it will be implemented in the P9/Volta SIERRA supercomputer, but im not sure if that means it will be in all P9 chips

haven't read up on NVLink, will it be on all nvidia cards or just the tesla and quadro stuff?

haven't read up on NVLink, will it be on all nvidia cards or just the tesla and quadro stuff?

I assume Tesla first, then down to Quadro perhaps. i dont expect it on GeForce at all

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]