Witcher 3

cesrai

Hopefully those issues will be modded or patched. This game and MGS V are probably going to be my Game of the Year.

Agree!!

11053187_10206398305774830_4076064418010

The new patch fixed the foliage issue :) Also this game looks absolutely amazing

Well,there's one thing.

I haven't downloaded any patches. Not even the one "required to play".

Downloading them all now ;)

this may be irrelevant, but if anyone else notices input lag or acceleration of some sort enable hardware cursor in the video settings...

why would this be in video settings i have no clue...

:/

The game's amazing, but I'd recommend to do at least TW2 to understand the story, as many references.

The best way would be to do TW1, or to read the two first tomes of the serie.

Otherwise TW Wiki can help you in order to understand all the background.

CPU: i7 4790K | MB: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 32Go Hyper X Fury 1866MHz | GPU's: GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Corsair AX 850 | Storage: Vertex 3, 2x Sandisk Ultra II,Velociraptor | Case : Corsair Air 540

Mice: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Headset: Steelseries H wireless

@lmao234

@Remilia

I must disagree. I went all in on alchemy in W2 and also now in W3.

The reason why potions lasted longer in W2 was because you couldn't drunk them during combat. You always had to prepare beforehand.

Now in W3 they have to last less as it would be unbalanced. Also you can find better recipes for the same potion and it will enhance its duration and effect.

In W3 for me the lvl2 Thunder is lasting 5min and elixirs like elixir from Ekimara vampire that heals me everytime I hit enemy with sword last 80 minutes.

Also I now have such toxicity tolerance that I can drink two elixirs and I still have room for drinking potions. Also if my toxicity is above 80% I have unlimited duration in every potion I drink... And a lot more other stuff.

Alchemy in W3 is simply too strong vs W2.

@lmao234

@Remilia

I must disagree. I went all in on alchemy in W2 and also now in W3.

The reason why potions lasted longer in W2 was because you couldn't drunk them during combat. You always had to prepare beforehand.

Now in W3 they have to last less as it would be unbalanced. Also you can find better recipes for the same potion and it will enhance its duration and effect.

In W3 for me the lvl2 Thunder is lasting 5min and elixirs like elixir from Ekimara vampire that heals me everytime I hit enemy with sword last 80 minutes.

Also I now have such toxicity tolerance that I can drink two elixirs and I still have room for drinking potions. Also if my toxicity is above 80% I have unlimited duration in every potion I drink... And a lot more other stuff.

Alchemy in W3 is simply too strong vs W2.

Alchemy too stronk? I think everything is. Try going all in with sings, I have 2 blue mutagens that give me 10% base to sing intensity. Having 3 skills for each one means 40% per mutagen, meaning 80% bonus.

Not to mention that my griffin school training gives me a total of 20% more intensity when wearing medium armor. My grand total for sing intensity is 123%. (IDK where the additional 20% come from, base intensity?)

The main skills I use, aard and igni, have either a 105% stagger chance or 100% burn chance, they both double as quen for me. To add to this I also have one white skill (can't remember name, something about the sun and moon, or stars.) It adds to my stamina regeneration.

I can spam Aards alternative 360 degree knockback, with quite the incredible range, every 2 seconds or so. While I have no proper number for this, as the game doesn't give one, I can say it is plenty for any group of enemies, or any flying beasts geralt may encounter. As for igni, not only does the alt last, but it also instantly sets a blaze anything it touches, leaving them flailing, regardless of who or what they are.

Igni is simply too good for boss fights, I was able to kill a lvl 22 fiend, without taking damage, at level 10. Mind you I am at a mere 16 now, hmm I wonder how this could combine with alchemy... 

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

Alchemy too stronk? I think everything is. Try going all in with sings, I have 2 blue mutagens that give me 10% base to sing intensity. Having 3 skills for each one means 40% per mutagen, meaning 80% bonus.

Not to mention that my griffin school training gives me a total of 20% more intensity when wearing medium armor. My grand total for sing intensity is 123%. (IDK where the additional 20% come from, base intensity?)

The main skills I use, aard and igni, have either a 105% stagger chance or 100% burn chance, they both double as quen for me. To add to this I also have one white skill (can't remember name, something about the sun and moon, or stars.) It adds to my stamina regeneration.

I can spam Aards alternative 360 degree knockback, with quite the incredible range, every 2 seconds or so. While I have no proper number for this, as the game doesn't give one, but I can say it is plenty for any group of enemies, or any flying beasts geralt may encounter. As for igni, not only does the alt last, but it also instantly sets a blaze anything it touches, leaving them flailing, regardless of who or what they are.

Igni is simply too good for boss fights, I was able to kill a lvl 22 fiend, without taking damage, at level 10. Mind you I am at a mere 16 now, hmm I wonder how this could combine with alchemy...

Lol... I also have two stronger green mutagens that give me 150 health each resulting into total 1400 health increase :D

Also you can invest into stronger mutagens in alchemy which I didn't do far.

Every potion I drink heals me instantly for 5% of my total health.

The negative side is that I can endure a lot but I don't deal a lot of damage so I am fighting on a horse a lot right now. I am level 14.

Lol... I also have two stronger green mutagens that give me 150 health each resulting into total 1400 health increase :D

Also you can invest into stronger mutagens in alchemy which I didn't do far.

Every potion I drink heals me instantly for 5% of my total health.

The negative side is that I can endure a lot but I don't deal a lot of damage so I am fighting on a horse a lot right now. I am level 14.

That instant 5% heal sounds really good, but I rarely let myself get hit (I keep my enemies at least an Aard away), so I can go through an assortment wolf livers and peppers between fights.

The mutagens I have are the best there can be for signs AFAIK, took quite a few to make them, but they payed off. (lesser blue =5%, normal=7%, greater=10%)

I forgot to mention that I am essentially level 22 now at 16, I have found quite a few places of power. You should really go after those too, I think I remember 2 or 3 of them.

That reminds me, I need to try fighting a boss with roach, my noble steed.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

That instant 5% heal sounds really good, but I rarely let myself get hit (I keep my enemies at least an Aard away), so I can go through an assortment wolf livers and peppers between fights.

The mutagens I have are the best there can be for signs AFAIK, took quite a few to make them, but they payed off. (lesser blue =5%, normal=7%, greater=10%)

I forgot to mention that I am essentially level 22 now at 16, I have found quite a few places of power. You should really go after those too, I think I remember 2 or 3 of them.

That reminds me, I need to try fighting a boss with roach, my noble steed.

I think the max increase in mutagen power is 30% so you should be able to squeeze extra 3% of power from your mutagens if you go for that in alchemy. Also go for low toxicity tolerance, why? If you then use big elixir that consumes 80 toxicity you can easily overcome the 70% of your toxicity level, then just drink potion for your stamina regen and it will last forever ;) Sign spam incoming!

I dont use signs much I like to take it personaly. I killed Bazzilisk that was level 14 when I was level 9 just with horse. I also killed slavers that were level 16 and I was only level 4 back then. I only got into no mans land and it was a looong intense fight but I got them all.

Today I also got achievement Finesse - "In one fight kill 5 enemies and dont get hurt. You must not use quen sign or alchemy" when I was killing Nekkers from my horse. I really like the fighting mechanic from the horse. This is probably the first RPG where the horse is not just a useles animal and I actualy use it as I should.

im currently 70 hours in at lvl 13 and man i have a blast exploring every nook and cranny fighting monsters 10 lvl's above me (i play on the 2nd diff)

Done a bunch of secondary quests en did a bunch of contracts and other stuff, hardly toughing the main questlines (just finished barons one) and moving towards novigrad!

All in all its the N1 RPG ive ever played and storywise im so soaked in i forget about time all togheter and notice its getting clear outside :D

and 1 last thing NVIDIA FIX YOURE DRIVERS FOR KEPLER FFS

Let's agree to disagree

Just to let peeps with ultrawide know, someone over at wsgf posted a patched exe which supposedly fixes the extremely annoying pillarboxed cutscenes. Haven't tried it myself yet though.

Edit: works a treat. :-)

Just to let peeps with ultrawide know, someone over at wsgf posted a patched exe which supposedly fixes the extremely annoying pillarboxed cutscenes. Haven't tried it myself yet though.

Edit: works a treat. :-)

Thanks.  I'll have to check that out.

CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.7ghz - RAM: HyperX Savage 16GB DDR3 Memory @2400mhz - GPU: Nvidia GTX 970 3.5GB @1500mhz - Mobo: Gigabyte Gaming 7 Z97 - Storage: Win10 on 240GB HyperX Predator m.2 SSD, - Ubuntu w/ Gnome 3 on 80GB OCZ Vertex 3 - 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Game Installs - 5TB mass storage - Monitor: 21:9 3440x1440 LG 34UM95 - PSU: Corsair RM 750w - Case: Silverstone FT01 - Cooling: Custom Water Loop

I've currently put in 57 hours so far and I really like this game. I think what sets it apart from something like Skyrim is that you're playing an actual person. In Skyrim you're a blank slate who runs around doing quests. In The Witcher 3 (or any others) Geralt is an actual person with opinions and a personality. His personality completely clashes with mine since I want to do every quest and he gets annoyed when people ask him to do things. I also like how some quests have different endings which can be 'good' and 'bad' although most end bad in their own way.

Edit: Also, I'm addicted to Gwent. Can't get enough of it.

witcher32015-05-2623-34-31.png

witcher32015-05-2623-34-33.png

I was able to modify the color of the game using sweetfx.

So far, I've put in 50-60 hours in the game to this date. I really enjoy the side quests because it gives you a hard time to make decisions on what to do. I also like the fact that it makes you feel like the world is really moving whereas in DA:Inquisition, it doesn't have night/day cycle. The only problem that I have is that sometimes, there is a delay in the movement and it's hard for me since I'm playing the hardest difficulty. One small mistake, it would mean death and I would be sent back where I last saved in which sometimes I forget to save.

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

SNIP

I was able to modify the color of the game using sweetfx.

So far, I've put in 50-60 hours in the game to this date. I really enjoy the side quests because it gives you a hard time to make decisions on what to do. I also like the fact that it makes you feel like the world is really moving whereas in DA:Inquisition, it doesn't have night/day cycle. The only problem that I have is that sometimes, there is a delay in the movement and it's hard for me since I'm playing the hardest difficulty. One small mistake, it would mean death and I would be sent back where I last saved in which sometimes I forget to save.

F5 son, quicksaves will spare the hide on your ass.

Personally I am not seeing much of change in your screenshots, do you this sweetFX is worth it? I personally can see the game looking much prettier.

Additionally what level are you, what is your playstyle? From the looks of it you are wearing LVL9 armor, have you gotten any of the witcher gear? Griffin armor FTW.

Spoiler

F5 son, quicksaves will spare the hide on your ass.

Personally I am not seeing much of change in your screenshots, do you this sweetFX is worth it? I personally can see the game looking much prettier.

Additionally what level are you, what is your playstyle? From the looks of it you are wearing LVL9 armor, have you gotten any of the witcher gear? Griffin armor FTW.

I use F5 but there are just times where I fail to remember to use it. The sweetfx is always worth it. Almost most of my games has it. In this sweetfx, I replaced the green filter with a blue one and the clouds looks more "clean". It may appear dark to some people tho because I'm using black equalizer wit3h my monitor.

I'm still at level 11 and still trying to gather materials for the witcher gears. Although I found a treasure map(s) that leads to place where I can find witcher gears. Well playstyle, I don't know yet since I'm new to the witcher series but I'm leaning towards heavy crit and damage alongside with some alchemy and magic (igni and that shield magic).

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack