Witcher 3

cesrai

You need a controller for it. Mouse movement is strange for me.

Have you enabled hardware cursor? I noticed that the mouse had some lag before that.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

Have you enabled hardware cursor? I noticed that the mouse had some lag before that.

Turn it on? Ok will try that.

CPU: AMD FX 8350 | GPU: AMD R9 270 Windforce | MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB | Case: X Predator X1 |CPU COOLER: Hyper T4

NAZIS WILL RISE.

It's pretty damn good, but still has some flaws in it's system.

Alchemy was a let down to me, it requires no thought because of the charge system. When you meditate, your potions and bombs get automatically replenished if you have a certain cheap item, I think it disappears in the process, but it's easy to stock up. This may not sound like a big deal, but it feels so arbitrarily unrealistic when there's so much talk about preparation and stuff. Meanwhile alchemy is just brew everything you have diagrams for, it doesn't require any upkeep anyway.

Anyway, the writing is really good. The characters are varied and interesting, quests are fun and unpredictable. The monster designs are some of the best I've seen in a game, I'm constantly itching to see something new.

I have to disagree: It's still sufficiently complex without having to get into the busywork micromanagement nightmare territory: You still need to collect many ingredients for upgraded recipes, you still are limited to a tiny amount of the same item, even if you drink several different buffs you still have a toxicity level to deal with, you can't use things like oils in advance and you have to prepare and look at the bestiary to find out what oil and buff can be effective vs a monster.

Why would I also need to go back 3 towns and 6 shops to get enough of the same ingredients to create a new potion? Being able to mediate and refill it's actually a clever mechanic that makes me want to use it as opposed to just fucking ignoring it like I did on the previous 2 games.

-------

Current Rig

-------

How are you guys making Gold? I am finding it really hard to make any cash.

Well it's tricky, you gotta do some main quests to level up to level 7 or 8ish first then just roam the map looking for bandits and jobs, at that point you have enough cash but the difficult part is that you can't just roam aimlessly from the get go without getting your ass kicked.

-------

Current Rig

-------

If you like Witcher 2, you will like W3.. i guess.

I actually hated the previous Witcher games. Witcher 3 is soo amazing and after 4 years I have sadly made this game actually better than Skyrim. Nothing could beat Skyrim for me and now I have spent almost 3 days total in this game and it still has me hooked. I love the crafting system, the lore, the voice acting, and the side quests are better than the main story.

Contracts, looting, selling. What level are you, and do you often buy things?

The reason for me having 10000+ gold at lvl 15 is that I don't usually buy anything, or drop anything I can sell.

I'm level 35 right now and have well over 58,000 gold. Just do side missions like crazy and loot alot. Once you're at a certain part just don't do the main quest and start doing the side quests or else they will go away. I just had a side quest award me 5000 gold, so make sure you do them all.

I'm a shooter and this is my first RPG....HATE!

I'm trying to stick with it in hopes I'll adjust.

It goes from nauseatingly slow and easy(boring)wandering and dog killing to seemingly impossible boss fights.

I can't seem to be able to choose my opponent in gang fights...I need crosshairs.lol...Seems all you need here is to spam the attack buttons. He'll engage whoever he wants.

By the time I finished with the first boss...Botchling?....I was bored to tears. At least the action did shift gears for five minutes. 

Level 4 may just be as far as I can go...

I'm sure the game is great in it's genre...the genre may just be bad for me.

And it really sucks that it's so dumbed down for consoles. Trees and whole forests that just appear and disappear.  

Getting behind an opponent and seeing the inside of their face like an old cheap plastic Halloween mask...That one killed me.

No collision detection in the woods...half the trees and growth is just vapor.

The PC version needs to be more dynamic.

And the voice acting? OMFnG....I guess after a story driven game like The Last of Us,I'm to be forever disappointed with any and all future game titles.

It's like they got some random kids to read the script into a mic and just sold the first take.

I'm probably very biased against this type of game so take it with a grain of salt but the tech issues and bad acting are just simple facts.

I'm trying to stick with it in hopes I'll adjust.

It goes from nauseatingly slow and easy(boring)wandering and dog killing to seemingly impossible boss fights.

I can't seem to be able to choose my opponent in gang fights...I need crosshairs.lol...Seems all you need here is to spam the attack buttons. He'll engage whoever he wants.

By the time I finished with the first boss...Botchling?....I was bored to tears. At least the action did shift gears for five minutes. 

Level 4 may just be as far as I can go...

I'm sure the game is great in it's genre...the genre may just be bad for me.

And it really sucks that it's so dumbed down for consoles. Trees and whole forests that just appear and disappear.  

Getting behind an opponent and seeing the inside of their face like an old cheap plastic Halloween mask...That one killed me.

No collision detection in the woods...half the trees and growth is just vapor.

The PC version needs to be more dynamic.

And the voice acting? OMFnG....I guess after a story driven game like The Last of Us,I'm to be forever disappointed with any and all future game titles.

It's like they got some random kids to read the script into a mic and just sold the first take.

I'm probably very biased against this type of game so take it with a grain of salt but the tech issues and bad acting are just simple facts.

You are comparing a game that is 12hrs long to a game that is 200+hrs long and you expect the same amount of Mocap Voice acting. Seriously grow up. Skyrim has even worse voice acting and stiffer animations.

I'm not sure what kind of difficulty you are playing on but the Witcher is a pretty 'hardcore' RPG and most people would recommend you play on Hard , the one just below Death March or Death March and expect to die , a lot. You are expected to learn to utilize bombs , potions , swordplay and signs .

Targetting system-wise I'm not sure if you are using a controller or Mouse and KB , I use a controller . You shouldn't lock on to enemies if you are fighting a group , there is a button to toggle lockon.

I love Naughty Dog games , Bought Uncharted 2 three times , the CE of Uncharted 3 and The Last of Us on Both Consoles but this is a different type of game . 

There is a reason the game gives you a bestiary with weaknesses of creatures you fight and character biographies in the menu tab and tons of stuff to read. 

You are basically expecting a 3000 Page Novel to be similar to an Pulp action Movie. One is extremely linear and made to have a certain pacing , with great setpieces which is what Naughty Dog Excels at. CD Projekt Red is trying to craft a world that is extremely bleak and dark, where rape and war run rampant and you make decisions that will have impact throughout the game.

If you hated Skyrim (like me) or loved it (*crickets sounds*) you'll love it :P

My PC Specs: CPU: Core i5 4590 @ stock speeds, GPU: RX 480 8GB, RAM: 16GB DDR3 @1600mhz

Case: Zalman ZM-T4,Motherboard: GigaByte GA-H81M-S2H LGA 1150, HDD/SSD: 2TB Seagate Expansion drive, 1TB Samsung Portable HDD, 160gb Intel SSD, PSU: 550w corsair cxm

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

If you hated Skyrim (like me) or loved it (*crickets sounds*) you'll love it :P

I personally hate Skyrim, I play it because it has better mods than the actual game. 

You are comparing a game that is 12hrs long to a game that is 200+hrs long and you expect the same amount of Mocap Voice acting. Seriously grow up. Skyrim has even worse voice acting and stiffer animations.

You give a reply that another game has worse acting so this one is ok...and I need to grow up?

There is no way there is 200 hours of voice acting in any game.

About 20 would be an inflated guess. Probably more like 8.

Applying some decent acting to a game is not a big deal and it's far from childish to notice bad acting....I would have to say it's the complete opposite mister "well other games are worse". :P

I said right up front that this game is probably one of the greats for it's genre and I just don't like the genre.

You have no reason to be defensive about that.

As for shoddy graphics and bad acting...that has nothing to do with genre and many of us need those things to be good to enjoy the experience.

You give a reply that another game has worse acting so this one is ok...and I need to grow up?

There is no way there is 200 hours of voice acting in any game.

About 20 would be an inflated guess. Probably more like 8.

Applying some decent acting to a game is not a big deal and it's far from childish to notice bad acting....I would have to say it's the complete opposite mister "well other games are worse". :P

I said right up front that this game is probably one of the greats for it's genre and I just don't like the genre.

You have no reason to be defensive about that.

As for shoddy graphics and bad acting...that has nothing to do with genre and many of us need those things to be good to enjoy the experience.

I can't remember but I heard there was 70,000 lines for Geralt alone. I could be wrong.

I personally find the acting fine , personal opinion , I'm more into the story. 

I just think you trivialize how Naughty Dog Does their Story. Its very well crafted for a reason , the Performance capture is Not Boothed . They have rehearsals before their performance capture and can afford do to the scene 10 times. Go watch the Last of Us Documentary making off and Troy Baker will tell you how many times he did the opening scene of the Last of us to get it perfect.

To Expect that out of any other studio for a larger game with multiple paths is not only unreasonable its quite ignorant considering the growing cost of Triple A games. I'm sure voice acting in Video games will only get better. 

If you don't like the genre its fine. 

By the way anyone who has played a The Witcher 3 can tell you straight up that 8hrs of Voiceacting is underselling the game by orders of magnitude. This game is also voiced in multiple languages not just English , the Developers are Natively Polish so keep that in mind.

SNIP

I usually don't like to rant, but I can't come up with a reply that doesn't seem like a rant while addressing the points I want to. Apology in advance for that.

The voice acting in this game is good, I have no idea what you are talking about, I would like to hear what the specific issues are, "not enough emotion getting across"?

The simple fact is that you can't have 200+ individuals do all the VA for the game, some actors will represent multiple characters.

This game has tons of flaws, but the ones you mentioned are not among them. I don't see how you thought you could make a sensible "review" of the game if you 1. seem to hate the genre by default, as you have no previous experience with it. (unlike OP) and 2. are not even mentioning the actual flaws this game has, as opposed to TW1 and 2 for an example. 

While you are entitled to your opinion of the game you should consider at least one thing, especially when it comes to giving a recommendation of a game, OP has experience with other RPG's, even of the same series. He even said he has liked TW2, that should tell you that you are going to have a completely different view of the game.

This is most definitely a genre you should wholeheartedly ignore, MAYBE come back to this game after you have gotten bored of shooters. And as far as advice goes, when trying to pick a game from a new genre, don't immediately go for one of the hardest ones, ask around for recommendations. And if someone recommended this to you as your first RPG...he is positively insane.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

I usually don't like to rant, but I can't come up with a reply that doesn't seem like a rant while addressing the points I want to. Apology in advance for that.

The voice acting in this game is good, I have no idea what you are talking about, I would like to hear what the specific issues are, "not enough emotion getting across"?

The simple fact is that you can't have 200+ individuals do all the VA for the game, some actors will represent multiple characters.

This game has tons of flaws, but the ones you mentioned are not among them. I don't see how you thought you could make a sensible "review" of the game if you 1. seem to hate the genre by default, as you have no previous experience with it. (unlike OP) and 2. are not even mentioning the actual flaws this game has, as opposed to TW1 and 2 for an example. 

While you are entitled to your opinion of the game you should consider at least one thing, especially when it comes to giving a recommendation of a game, OP has experience with other RPG's, even of the same series. He even said he has liked TW2, that should tell you that you are going to have a completely different view of the game.

This is most definitely a genre you should wholeheartedly ignore, MAYBE come back to this game after you have gotten bored of shooters. And as far as advice goes, when trying to pick a game from a new genre, don't immediately go for one of the hardest ones, ask around for recommendations. And if someone recommended this to you as your first RPG...he is positively insane.

Personally , the way I like to recommend the Witcher series is asking , Do you like Dark Fantasy?

If the person says yes , then I think the Witcher is for you.

Its probably one of the few Dark Fantasy games that exist out there that has a fantastic story. Most RPGs are Power Fantasies.

He says the Voice acting is bad because he compares it to the Last of Us. Read the above post.

Personally , the way I like to recommend the Witcher series is asking , Do you like Dark Fantasy?

If the person says yes , then I think the Witcher is for you.

Its probably one of the few Dark Fantasy games that exist out there that has a fantastic story. Most RPGs are Power Fantasies.

He says the Voice acting is bad because he compares it to the Last of Us. Read the above post.

I did, my mistake was saying that he should stay away from RPG's as a whole, should have been more specific in that. Just as long as he keeps to real power fantasies, games that aren't completely different from his usual games.

When it comes to voice acting though, I don't see how something can be subjectively better than one in some cases. Of Course there can be extremes, something along the lines of a person, whom you have just saved from certain death, sounding bored, with an indian accent, when the character is supposedly a native brit. That I could consider bad voice acting.

IMO in TW3 the characters sound like they are from 17th century England and Ireland, as they should, except for triss. She somehow sounds polish I guess.

Spoiler

I would NOT recommend The Witcher series for somebody playing their first RPG. Play Mass Effect series. Don't let this experience put you off

I would NOT recommend The Witcher series for somebody playing their first RPG. Play Mass Effect series. Don't let this experience put you off

I'd say Mass Effect 2 , Replaying Mass Effect 1 for the story but the Combat , man that game was ahead of its time in so many ways , EXCEPT the combat.

It's pretty damn good, but still has some flaws in it's system.

Alchemy was a let down to me, it requires no thought because of the charge system. When you meditate, your potions and bombs get automatically replenished if you have a certain cheap item, I think it disappears in the process, but it's easy to stock up. This may not sound like a big deal, but it feels so arbitrarily unrealistic when there's so much talk about preparation and stuff. Meanwhile alchemy is just brew everything you have diagrams for, it doesn't require any upkeep anyway.

Anyway, the writing is really good. The characters are varied and interesting, quests are fun and unpredictable. The monster designs are some of the best I've seen in a game, I'm constantly itching to see something new.

Agreed, I'd rather have longer potion durations like in the 1st and 2nd than having 10-30s long potion durations which can stock up everytime you meditate. 

AMD FX 6300 | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ | HITACHI ULTRASTAR 1TB 7200RPM HDD | XFX RADEON HD 7950 3GB | 8GB DDR3-1600 MUSHKIN BLACKLINE | OCZ ZT 550W 80+ BRONZE PSU | ZALMAN Z5 PLUS CASE | LITE-ON iHDS118-04 DVD/CD DRIVE | BENQ GW2255 21.5" MONITOR

It's pretty awful in gameplay. Push X rapidly, that's the game, it's pretty boring.

The major downfall is how non-engaging it is, especially at the beginning where all you do is push enter or X. It's dreadful for those of us who buy games for GAMEPLAY and want engaging experiences. 

Other than that, it's just another benchmark. Just as Crysis is. I'm guessing most RPG games aren't for me, although I love the hell out of Dark Souls.

Mid-range Emulation Gaming and Video Rendering PC

[CPU] i7 4790k 4.7GHz & 1.233v Delidded w/ CLU & vice method [Cooling] Corsair H100i [Mobo] Asus Z97-A [GPU] MSI GTX 1070 SeaHawk X[RAM] G.Skill TridentX 2400 9-11-11-30 CR1 [PSU] Corsair 750M 

I didn't pick it. It was free.

Fanbois.lol...Notice that I have nothing to say about your opinions? I never will.

I have a super power. It's being able to think a certain way without thinking people who think differently are wrong or stupid .

Opinion was asked for and it was given. Bless your little hearts if it hurt your feelings for your game.

I think the acting is horrible. I think the game has ugly glitches. 

That I think that......is a fact. The fact being that..... that is my opinion. 

The fact that I consider something ugly and you don't is not grounds to belittle or insult. 

You people are sad.....But I expected no less.

I didn't pick it. It was free.

Fanbois.lol...Notice that I have nothing to say about your opinions? I never will.

I have a super power. It's being able to think a certain way without thinking people who think differently are wrong or stupid .

Opinion was asked for and it was given. Bless your little hearts if it hurt your feelings for your game.

I think the acting is horrible. I think the game has ugly glitches. 

That I think that is a fact. The fact being that that is my opinion. 

The fact that I consider something ugly and you don't is not grounds to belittle or insult. 

You people are sad.....But I expected no less.

Facts- a thing that is known or proved to be true.

Opinion-a view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

You have an OPINION , its fine to have one. 

I just find your post pretty damn hard to read , I'm being serious here . Try to construct coherent sentences with structure , it helps you voice your opinion better.

Its not an insult or belittling, you admitted you don't like the Genre and demonstrated you have very little knowledge or understanding when it comes to RPGs.

That makes it pretty hard to take your opinion seriously.

Its the equivalent of a causal gamer who plays Candy Crush , has no interest in Shooters and tries out CS:GO. Then tells you CS:GO is horrible because people kill him/her instantly.

Facts- a thing that is known or proved to be true.

Opinion-a view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

You have an OPINION , its fine to have one. 

I just find your post pretty damn hard to read , I'm being serious here . Try to construct coherent sentences with structure , it helps you voice your opinion better.

Its not an insult or belittling, you admitted you don't like the Genre and demonstrated you have very little knowledge or understanding when it comes to RPGs.

That makes it pretty hard to take your opinion seriously.

Its the equivalent of a causal gamer who plays Candy Crush , has no interest in Shooters and tries out CS:GO. Then tells you CS:GO is horrible because people kill him/her instantly.

Try reading slower. I said the fact is that I have an opinion. It may change with time.

I edited it and broke the sentences apart for you. Pause at the.....and try again :P

Think it through....I think the game is ugly. That is a fact. 

The fact is that I think that. 

The games fun, this is one of those games that I suck at with Keyboard/mouse.. 

If anyone got a Titan X you can get the game free until June 19th, so why not? it's free!  You also get the DRM free version under GOG. 

From what little I've played it's a fun game!

Is anyone having problems running the game at 60fps?  I have a Titan X and I'm not even in the 50s...

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

The games fun, this is one of those games that I suck at with Keyboard/mouse.. 

If anyone got a Titan X you can get the game free until June 19th, so why not? it's free!  You also get the DRM free version under GOG. 

From what little I've played it's a fun game!

It is kind of fun. Not really my thing but I'm trying. 

Maybe if I get better,I will like it more.