Realistic Driving Simulator for learning

CatsAndDogs

So in my time I've purchased 2 steering wheels which were the Driving Force GT and the G27, I sold them both because of money shortage but now have enough to buy them and seeing as there gone cheaper now I wont have to re-sell them.

Is there any games such as City Car Driving or ETS 2 that are graphically good and are realistic which feature real roads, traffic signs, pedestrians etc? If not does any games feature any map mods or car mods to make it like a realistic simulator.

Its 2015 and when I had my wheels back in early 2014 or late 2013 i think there was only CCD and ETS 2 that was good..

let me know thanks

project cars...

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

project cars...

Is there any games such as City Car Driving or ETS 2 that are graphically good and are realistic which feature real roads, traffic signs, pedestrians etc?

"Rawr XD"

project cars...

For real life driving situations? can you do that i thought it is only racing

project cars...

Wrong type of simulator

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

For real life driving situations? can you do that i thought it is only racing

it is only racing

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

Not sure other than the game called "driving simulator"

I believe it is pretty old, and not very good looking, but i think it is what you are looking for 

Oooops, I gotta start reading threads. 

Then no, project cars isn't what you are looking for.

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

Not sure other than the game called "driving simulator"

I believe it is pretty old, and not very good looking, but i think it is what you are looking for 

They need to make a new game seriously

You might try Euro Truck Simulator 2, but it is driving a rig, not a normal car.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

You might try Euro Truck Simulator 2, but it is driving a rig, not a normal car.

ETS and ETS 2 are the only games that come to mind.

I wish you could install car mods in that game

Grand Theft Auto V?

Grand Theft Auto V?

Just about to say that! :P

Grand Theft Auto V?

I saw a video on it but apparently its not the best :S

You could drive a truck in ETS2 without a trailer

You could drive in ETS2 without trailer

Only if you can get enough money to purchase a truck. You'd have to worry about jobs otherwise.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Only if you can get enough money to purchase a truck. You'd have to worry about jobs otherwise.

Just decouple the trailer and ”learn" driving so just don't save the game or start always from the beginning.

I saw a video on it but apparently its not the best :S

There are handling mods and you can have a first person view.

There are handling mods and you can have a first person view.

I'll try that :)

Grand Theft Auto V?

Just about to say that! :P

But it's not a compelling game to play with a racing wheel to simulate driving irl

I played a lot of City Car Driving with a Driving Force GT, and it actually is a really good simulation, because a few months later when I got in a real car and drove it was easy and there wasn't really anything new and difficult about it to me that I hadn't practiced in-game before.

"Rawr XD"

But it's not a compelling game to play with a racing wheel to simulate driving irl

I played a lot of City Car Driving with a Driving Force GT, and it actually is a really good simulation, because a few months later when I got in a real car and drove it was easy and there wasn't really anything new and difficult about it to me that I hadn't practiced in-game before.

It's still not the same thing because in most simulators, you don't have a true feeling of momentum and speed. If you whip around a corner in some kind of simulator, you won't feel the body of the car shifting and the G's acting upon your body.

It's still not the same thing because in most simulators, you don't have a true feeling of momentum and speed. If you whip around a corner in some kind of simulator, you won't feel the body of the car shifting and the G's acting upon your body.

Simulating my drive to the grocery store to buy milk, I don't really need to feel momentum or G-forces. Just the driving aspect, how far on the pedals you had to press, how much of the wheel you had to turn, etc. That was what it taught me and why it made it so easy the first time I drove. Also that first time was done in an imported RHD car, so I sat in the same side I was used to as a passenger, and already having decent knowledge of the controls playing the sim, it was like second nature. 

Learning how to race vs learning how to drive using a sim, are different things.

"Rawr XD"