Asus Zenfone 2 or HTC One Plus One?

DrugsAreCool

I am thinking about getting a phone and I saw Linus' video on the zenfone and decided it would be my best choice since its a great bang for the buck and all. But my cousin is telling me to save up for a one plus one telling me it has top specs and a reasonable price. Which phone do you guys think I should get? 

The HTC One Plus One?

nice name there...

But it depends, if you don't really need the One Plus One and its specs, etc, just go out and get the Zenfone 2.

Though I'd still rather get the 1+1

Intel i5-6600k (Cooled by a 212 evo) - Asus Z170-A - Asus Dual OC GTX 1060 - NZXT S340 - WD 1TB (Getting SSD this month, hopefully) - 8GB DDR4-2400

LG G4 - Asus Zenwatch 2

Oneplus One is not made by HTC. OnePlus is a company who manufactures the One phone.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I would go with the One Plus One. or the Google Nexus 6.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

There's only a 100 dollar difference so if you can, I would get the OnePlusOne. 

The HTC One Plus One?

nice name there...

But it depends, if you don't really need the One Plus One and its specs, etc, just go out and get the Zenfone 2.

Though I'd still rather get the 1+1

Oneplus One is not made by HTC. OnePlus is a company who manufactures the One phone.

lol oops

zen phone has a better value proposition but it surely is not a good performer...

I'd get the Zenfone because its specs are pretty awesome. but OnePlusOne is also a really nice phone. Whichever screen you like better is the one I would pick, since they are both awesome phones.

FairladyZ | If you want to reply to me, please quote my post! Idiocity, the best money wasting PC build ever!

I tried the Zenfone 2 at work a few weeks ago and it performed pretty well. Though it was only the 2GB model. The Atom chip did was noticeably warmer after using it for a bit.  But according to the many reviews out there, no one has complained that the performance of the Atom SoC as being bad. They've all had pretty good things to say about it. Major issue is Bloat. Don't know why ASUS decide to bloat the hell out of the phone putting so much additional software you can't remove. I guess that's how they are able to sell it at that price. 

Zenfone 2's IPS screen at full brightness is not very bright. probably not good for outdoor viewing. FYI :)

The SoC according to benchmarks is comparable to the Snapdragon 801 which would put it in good competition against the OnePlus One. But the Zenfone 2 does have the extra GB of memory advantage over the OPO with 3GBs. Storage capacity is the same but Zenfone 2 has the extra microSD expansion slot. 

Battery life might be an issue though. However, the Zenfone 2 does run on an x86-64 processor and the higher end model has 4GBs of RAM and 64GB of storage. Someone could theoretically unlock the bootloader and potentially put Windows 10 on it. That could be interesting...

On the other hand the OPO is a great phone and it's only $50 more than the Zenfone 2 ZE551ML with the 4GB of RAM.   Go with whichever one you think looks nicer. :P Performance wise the 4GB model zenfone is about on par with the OPO. 

My brain hurts from trying to decode your title there, please learn how to comma. In all honesty and seriousness however. I would get a Zenfone 2, since it's cheaper and the specs are still pretty good, plus Zenfone 2 seems like a pretty good phone for the price.

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

galaxy S6?

i7-5820K | ASUS X99-A | Corsair DDR4 LPX 16 GB | MSI GTX 970 Gaming | Corsair 750D | WD Black 1 TB | MX100 256 GB | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 Watt | ASUS VG248QE | Corsair H105 | K70 MX blues non-RGB | M95 | H1500 | Windows 8.1 64-bit