The ultimate set up for gaming...

Donnyboy98

Deciding on my graphics cards is a tough as my budget is so high. Anyway was thinking either

Titan x sli

Or

980 3 way sli

I don't have a specific monitor set up I'm going to choose I want it to run with highest rams as I can without problems. Which would be best?

I don't have a specific monitor set up I'm going to choose I want it to run with highest rams as I can without problems. Which would be best?

Wat?

Titan X SLI would be faster... Still extremely overkill.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

I would go with Titan X because you don't have the diminishing returns with 3 way, there will be barely any difference from the second to third 980. Also the Titan X has more VRam

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600 Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: 32Gb DDR4  GPU(s): MSI 6800-XT Case: NZXT H440 Storage: 4x 250gb SSD + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850x with CableMod Displays: 1 x Asus ROG Swift And 3 x 24" 1080p Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Sound: AKG 553 Operating System: Windows 10

Current PC: 

http://i.imgur.com/ubYSO3f.jpg          http://i.imgur.com/xhpDcqd.jpg

Titan X SLI might be better. What is the monitor setup going to be? I would hope at least 1 if not 2 4k monitors, otherwise the performance that can happen from the GPUs will be like your money....gone.

Titan X sli with triple surround 1440p monitors.

Or, go balls the the wall and do 5 monitor surround with the monitors in portrait mode instead of landscape.

Like dis.

5x1_Landscape_DA2.jpg

Because? Because fuck YES

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

non. Just go with dual 980's then do a full custom loop to cool the system. or save it :)

Current Build : 

CASE: Fractal Design R4 w/Window CPU: Intel 4930K,  RAM: 16GB Ripjaws Z 2133Mhz  Cooling: H100i  MotherBoard: Asus P9x79 Pro , PSU: CS750M   Storage: 2x Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb , 1Tb Seagate Barracuda, 500GB WD Black,  Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 780 Windforce 3GB,  Monitors: AOC G2460PG ( G sync monitor), Edge10 24" 1080p , 24" 1680*1020p monitor ( LCD)  Microphone: Blue Yeti  Keyboard: Cougar 700k  Phone: Samsung Note 3  Headphones: Sennheiser HD598

Laptop:

CPU: 
4710MQ  Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Storage:120Gb 840 Evo + 1Tb 5400Rpm HDD  Graphics: GTX 850M 2GB   Screen: 1080p IPS  

Deciding on my graphics cards is a tough as my budget is so high. Anyway was thinking either

Titan x sli

Or

980 3 way sli

titan x sli ftw!

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Or, go balls the the wall and do 5 monitor surround with the monitors in portrait mode instead of landscape.

Like dis.

5x1_Landscape_DA2.jpg

That looks horrible with all the bezels in between the screens. I can't believe anyone would ever do that.

Well, if you have that much of money - then go for Titan X SLI. Though, a single Titan X should be more than enough for you. Try a single card setup first - you can always go and buy a second card whenever you want if you'll ever feel the need for it. Which I really doubt.

That looks horrible with all the bezels in between the screens. I can't believe anyone would ever do that.

I play in triple monitor surround, you really don't notice it in FPS games. I feel like it's much more noticeable in an image than it is in real life.

At least I don't notice it, just like I don't really notice the stretching on the outer monitors. Just too overwhelmed by the "holy bawlz this looks badass" factor.

Yeah, you can see his rig struggling to keep up with it, but still, looks awesome.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

non. Just go with dual 980's then do a full custom loop to cool the system. or save it :)

I'll be doing custom loop in the future when I've learned at least the basics. I have only been doing my research into parts and other stuff that will help me when building it. Plus I'm cutting it a bit thin on my budget anyway. Only got 500£ for a monitor set up. Still haven't got a good chair, keyboard, mouse or headphones yet.

Like dis.

5x1_Landscape_DA2.jpg

I was thinking some kind of ultrawide 34" 2k display. Maybe adding some other monitors on later when I get more money to blow on it.

As I usually say, Wait for AMDs release next month but TiX SLI since 3/4 way is a waste since the performance gains will be around half or less of the second card in a 2 way SLI setup.

Regular human bartender...Jackie Daytona.

As I usually say, Wait for AMDs release next month but TiX SLI since 3/4 way is a waste since the performance gains will be around half or less of the second card in a 2 way SLI setup.

That's what I was thinking. A friends saying go for gtx 980 3 way sli.

FINNALLY someone with brains. IF rumors are correct, you could have a titan SLI paying 850$ for each card, instead of 1000$. At least that's what we are expecting from the highest end card AMD will launch.

Still, a single Titan should be plenty for days. No real need for multiples.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

That's what I was thinking. A friends saying go for gtx 980 3 way sli.

Really not worth the money you will be pulling a fair amount of power from 3 980s and Price > Performance is not worth it, I recommend 1 Titan or 2 980s. :)

What resolution are you going to be running? 

FINNALLY someone with brains. IF rumors are correct, you could have a titan SLI paying 850$ for each card, instead of 1000$. At least that's what we are expecting from the highest end card AMD will launch.

Yeah seems silly when AMD are just about to rear their heads, I really hope R9 390X is a Titan roaster. :D

Really not worth the money you will be pulling a fair amount of power from 3 980s and Price > Performance is not worth it, I recommend 1 Titan or 2 980s. :)

What resolution are you going to be running?

Idk yet

What if I was wanting 144fps at 2k?

What if I was wanting 144fps at 2k?

ROG SWIFT PG278Q ?

I would try a single Titan X then upgrade further down or if you aren't meeting 144fps constantly.

I was thinking some kind of ultrawide 34" 2k display. Maybe adding some other monitors on later when I get more money to blow on it.

If you're planning to buy one single huge monitor, then you should know this: the actual screen size makes no difference - the screen resolution does.

So basically, playing a Witcher 3 (or any other game you want) on a 32" display will be the exact same, as playing it on a huge 65" screen, as long as a display resolution is the same (FullHD, 1920x1080). If you're planning to get a 4k display - then you might think about a second graphic card.

ROG SWIFT PG278Q ?

I would try a single Titan X then upgrade further down or if you aren't meeting 144fps constantly.

Acer XB270HU I think its called. Its basically the ROG swift but more expensive and is IPS rather than awful TN. I don't mint giving 3ms difference for better viewing angles and colours.

Do you think pascal will have much of an improvement over the titan x?

Acer XB270HU I think its called. Its basically the ROG swift but more expensive and is IPS rather than awful TN. I don't mint giving 3ms difference for better viewing angles and colours.

Acer are nice especially the XB ranger. Good choice on the IPS and yeah 1ms > 5ms is barely noticeable I have a 5ms IPS and I can say there isn't that much of a difference.