Witcher 3: Graphics Fix [color fix]

Nice one!

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

wow, the color change was much needed!

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

As you've probably heard, the color pallet for Witcher 3 was changed to a more vibrant yet unrealistic tone. The color changes seem to be one of the most notable changes in the downgrade.

Wait are you saying vibrant colours = downgrade? Since when?

Vibrant colours can be used to disguise low fidelity graphics. In this case, I think they were used in an attempt to hide the graphical downgrade.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

Vibrant colours can be used to disguise low fidelity graphics. In this case, I think they were used in an attempt to hide the graphical downgrade.

Vibrant colours don't hide low fidelity, close to source, dark colours and low light hide it better.

Done it myself before in artwork. I am bias tho I preferred games before the brown/blue filters where put on to make it "realistic"

how do you turn this down?

Right click on desktop ->NVIDIA Control Panel -> Adjust desktop settings -> 3. Apply the following enhancements -> Digital vibrance -> Success

GPU: RTX 2080 Super                                                                             Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK.2 RGB

CPU: i7-9700K                                                                                       MouseLogitech G PRO Wireless
RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengance PRO                                                         Headset: Corsair HS70 PRO Wireless

PSU: CX650F                                                                                         MousepadCorsair MM500 Extended 3XL
MOBO: Asus Prime Z390-A                                                                     ControllerDualSense 5

Case: Lian Li Lancool II                                                                          CameraCanon EOS M50

Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G5                                                                      CoolingCorsair H100i Platinum

The white Rabbit                                                                                           MicrophoneTrust GXT 252+

No no no, they downgraded the game and also changed the color scheme. I'm not saying this is a downgrade, but the new colors are certainly less realistic.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

No no no, they downgraded the game and also changed the color scheme. I'm not saying this is a downgrade, but the new colors are certainly less realistic.

Ah, I understand. Thanks for clearing that up :)

Okay I feel stupid, I have done everything it told me and all I get is a load of errors/red text on my screen when I open the game.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Broke the game for me.

The game won't open with those files..

(if i delete the files, the game will open normally)

GOG Version.

Broke the game for me.

GOG Version.

how then? help me.

Are you guys even using a mod organizer? (I don't have W3 so can't really help)

Are you guys even using a mod organizer? (I don't have W3 so can't really help)

No mods or a mod organizer for this game yet, as far as I concern.

Broke the game for me.

GOG Version.

Works just fine for me, just copy pasting :P

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Broke the game for me.

GOG Version.

Are you putting it in the x64 file?

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Just tried it.  I'm not sure how much I like it though.  It's definitely more detailed, but has this over-sharpening thing going on a bit.  Has a high-ISO look to it, got a bit of digital noise.  The world looks like a post-nuclear wasteland now :D  Might stick with it though xD

Here's some comparison shots (DSR to 1440P for easier viewing and zooming :P )

http://imgur.com/a/x1nSJ

First image is before, 2nd image is after.

Based on your shots it looks like it's doing way too much.

Is there a way to tone it down for a more subtle effect?

Are you putting it in the x64 file?

Yep.

Works just fine for me, just copy pasting :P

Well, not for me :(

Based on your shots it looks like it's doing way too much.

Is there a way to tone it down for a more subtle effect?

Just tried it.  I'm not sure how much I like it though.  It's definitely more detailed, but has this over-sharpening thing going on a bit.  Has a high-ISO look to it, got a bit of digital noise.  The world looks like a post-nuclear wasteland now :D  Might stick with it though xD

Here's some comparison shots (DSR to 1440P for easier viewing and zooming :P )

http://imgur.com/a/x1nSJ

First image is before, 2nd image is after.

I turned off in game sharpening. It fixed it for me.

Well, for some reason it's working now.

just tried again (exactly the way I did it before) and the game opens now.. for some stupid reason :o

edit: 

so I closed the game to write this post and now the game won't open... again.. -.-

another edit:

it was FRAPS that held the game from opening.

prob solved.

If you play in borderless windowed mode, changing desktop color also affects in-game color as well. 

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

I don't know about this. I find it unlikable when using SweetFX mod for games that has day/night cycle because there are times in the day that some things are really saturated and it really annoys me but I'll give this a try.

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

Some one already dubbed a fake video that describes what many people think happened perfectly. Consoles happened.

(not sure what the original video is from though)

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm crying. Thank you for posting this.

<p>CPU: Intel i7 4790k(4.9GHz), Motherboard: ASUS sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 (2 way SLI) PSU: EVGA 850w G2 Storage: Intel 730 Series 240GB 2.5" SSD, Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Case: NZXT H440 Designed by Razer, EK,Alphacool,Bitspower custom loop.

“Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.”

Albert Einstein 14 December 1930

As you've probably heard, the color pallet for Witcher 3 was changed to a more vibrant yet unrealistic tone. The color changes seem to be one of the most notable changes in the downgrade.

However, I found the best reshade mod that restores the game very close to it's promo colors.

• Wood planks no longer look orange and look greyish-brown like they originally did.
  • Foliage doesn't look peachy and bright, it's a realistic color.
  • Hair doesn't look like a flashlight in dark rooms, it actually seems shaded correctly.
http://cl.ly/1b1i2E3R3F2c

Check out benchmarks here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/369625-witcher-3-benchmarks-day-1-patch/

op how can I make the in game a little bit brighter? I found that night is a little bit too dark even with ingame brightness set to maximum. I don't want to brighter my monitor as when I leave the game is too bright for working and browsing. Thanks