Is PXIMouse A Virus?

Shaan5

I noticed this program called PXIMouse running as a Background process on my PC even though I have no memory of downloading or installing it. I looked it up on my PC and found nothing. I googled it and found people saying that it's a Virus but other people saying that it's not. I have been having PC issues and I need to know whether It's a Virus or not. It doesn't show up in Control Panel<Programs and Features but it shows up as a Background Process in Task Manager.

is It A Virus

Thanks

Case: Define R5 I GPU: G1 GTX 970 I CPU: i5 4690k I RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X I PSU:  EVGA 750B2 I Cooler: Noctua NH D15 

MB: ASUS Z97-A I SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB I HDD: WD Black 1TB

have you tried scanning with an antivirus?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

have you tried scanning with an antivirus?

I scanned with AVAST and Malwarebytes and nothing came up but I've heard that Some Virus' can slip by programs like that. 

I'm just confused as to how it got there because I never downloaded it

Case: Define R5 I GPU: G1 GTX 970 I CPU: i5 4690k I RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X I PSU:  EVGA 750B2 I Cooler: Noctua NH D15 

go into task manager find a process press right mouse button press go to file location copy the exe to desktop. now go to virustotal.com upload the file and you will get the ansver weather its a virus or not scanned with 50+ popular antivirus programs

go into task manager find a process press right mouse button press go to file location copy the exe to desktop. now go to virustotal.com upload the file and you will get the ansver weather its a virus or not scanned with 50+ popular antivirus programs

Did it and It came up safe!

• 10 months later...

Out of curiosity, does anyone else who has this pixmouse.exe running happen to have a gaming/high dpi mouse, especially ones where you can select the dpi levels?
Because it only appeared in my system after I purchased my first gaming mouse...

On 19/5/2015 at 3:29 AM, Shaan5 said:

Did it and It came up safe!

I have a Razer Taipan and never heard of that program. Doesn't seem like a virus... What brand is your mouse?

Edit: Forget that. It's not a virus, it's some kind of Windows crap, by pixart. Like some sort of tool for your mouse, or driver. There isn't really much information about it. It's harmless, so I would keep it.

Edited by nameSik

AMD Waifu is the best Waifu

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Dude don't worry I have the same thing pximouse (pixart imaging inc.) I have cooler master recon mouse it is responsible for displaying the mouse pointer animation please do not do what I did I disabled it and my mouse pointer disappeared I had to go through the shit storm of trying to re-enable it my games wouldn't even work properly. now I finally got it working and enabled again my keyboard is working, my mouse is working, and I can finally rest. 

Motherboard: Asus Z97-Deluxe, Processor: Intel i7-4790K@4.3GHz@1.150Volts, GPU: Asus ROG GTX980 Matrix (with a NZXT G10 bracket and a nzxt x41 AIO liquid cooler), Ram: Kingston HyperX 32GB 1866MHz CL10, PSU: Corsair Hx1200i, Storage: 1TB Seagate SSHD with a Kingston HyperX Fury 240GB SSD, Display: BenQ XL2411Z, Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB, Mouse: Razer Deathadder chroma.  

pc part picker list:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/hu0210/saved/#view=qHK6XL

• 1 year later...

This is not a virus, here is the score: https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/63ae8dd8e41260123e8c98905bd3d444bed86aea6353f690483e5cb116433ac2/detection

• 1 year later...

Pelo que eu vi ele esta localizado provavelmente em sua pasta sys32 provavelmente não é um virus e sim um programa do sistema