GTX 980 sli on 630w?

The thing is taht it is REFERENCE 980, it is well known that aftermarket cards eat up more power. For example Gigabyte G1 gaming can take up to 50-70W more power than reference one.

if 20W is 70 for you,sure http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Gigabyte/GeForce_GTX_980_G1_Gaming/25.html 

the thing is that these tests are made on overclocked six core i7. he has quad core. 

If you want to stay in the most efficient area for your psu , get an 850w. Then you still have headroom for if you get a different cpu or even add another gtx 980 (but that would then start pushing an 850 a bit hard)

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

Elaborate on a 630w corsair PSU. I Thought corsair only went in units of 50w, not including the CX430...

“I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart

Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

The thing is taht it is REFERENCE 980, it is well known that aftermarket cards eat up more power. For example Gigabyte G1 gaming can take up to 50-70W more power than reference one.

Apparently 20 = 70

power_peak.gif

"Rawr XD"