Do you/would you make a "moral stance" when you buy your GPU?

Syntaxvgm

AMD or Nvidia what ever seems to work, pref AMD since Nvidia 'don't even prices...'

Regular human bartender...Jackie Daytona.

I bought my 970 a month after the whole "oh noes 3.5gb fast .5gb slow memory, -X ROPs", so no morals here :)

P.S. Just waiting for Intel to take over the world.

CPU: Ryzen 3 3600 | GPU: Gigabite GTX 1660 super | Motherboard: MSI Mortar MAX | RAM: G Skill Trident Z 3200 (2x8GB) | Case: Cooler Master Q300L | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 250G + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB | PSU: Corsair RM650x | Displays: LG 27'' G-Sync compatible 144hz 1080p | Cooling: NH U12S black | Keyboard: Logitech G512 carbon | Mouse: Logitech g900 

I buy which ever gpu gives the best performance for my budget.

the 970 is still the same card everyone paid for, everyone bought it based in its benchmarks, it still gives those benchmarks so makes no difference only to the willy wavers who think benchmarks actually mean something to people.

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

I see the Nvidia+AMD thing like a schoolyard fight, one kid is bigger, stronger, older and faster than the other and beats up the little kid most of the time but rather than growing the balls to punch the big kid where it hurts he whines about it being an unfair playing field or runs to the teachers for support. AMD needs to harden the fuck up and make a better performing/quality product that trumps Nvidia's in every way, even if they're losing money people will sit up and take them seriously.

Nobody is going to take a hit to their gaming performance to stand beside AMD and tell Nvidia they're not fighting fair.

I buy whatever i fancy at the time. If AMD has the edge performance wise i'll go for that.

Last time i wanted quiet operation, Lots of Vram and enough performance for skyrim with a lot of texture mods. I was going to go for amd. But then the 6gig 780 strix showed up.

Companies will do what they can to get an edge over their competition. Even if that means pissing a few people off.

In the end they'll still sit there with a 300$ chocolate cake going

anigif_enhanced-buzz-5052-1385154913-19.

We can bitch and we can moan. We can take moral stances. But in the end there will still be enough people buying their stuff for them not to care too much.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Since i have AMD CPU i should also get AMD GPU, but my last and current GPUs are from Nvidia, sometimes i feel bad about myself, really would wish AMD gets back atleast 40 % of market share.

Yes but this is a mainly pc gaming forum , your on the wrong forum bud.

No it isn't. If you think this, "your on the wrong forum bud."

nvidia fanboy, but if an amd card gives better price/performance thats what i recommend to others.

myself tho, i like nvidia better for no reason.

Cpu: Intel i7-5930k Mobo: Asus Rampage V Extreme Ram: G.skill Ripjaws 4 4x4gb 2666mhz Gpu: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming 
PSU: Evga Supernova G2 850W Storage: Samsung 850 Pro SSD 512gb Case: Phanteks P400S CPUcooler: Corsair H110 OS: Win 8.1