Do you/would you make a "moral stance" when you buy your GPU?

Syntaxvgm

I thought I wasnt the only one. Keep in mind my case is like if adolf hitler acquired NVIDIA or something, not actually what's going on

If Hitler acquired Nvidia it was because Ivan the terrible acquired AMD and Gengis Khan took over Intel.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I'd think about it defiantly. And provided I didn't need CUDA for something, I'd potentially switch if Nvidia keeps doing horrible things.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

I don't think the short man himself even games much 

What do you mean?

If Hitler acquired Nvidia it was because Ivan the terrible acquired AMD and Gengis Khan took over Intel.

Gengis had the biggest and most successful empire...wouldn't think that suits intel GPUs very well...xD

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Yes but this is a mainly pc gaming forum , your on the wrong forum bud.

what are u talking about?

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

I thought I wasnt the only one. Keep in mind my case is like if adolf hitler acquired NVIDIA or something, not actually what's going on

I mean, if I'm spending the money I worked my ass of for hours to upgrade my gaming experience in my free time. I don't care what company it is. If it does better for me I'm happy

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

What do you mean?

I think linus games rarely, he's pretty busy and seems to mention that sometimes. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

I'd think about it defiantly. And provided I didn't need CUDA for something, I'd potentially switch if Nvidia keeps doing horrible things.

Defiantly?

And what horrible things are you referring to?

Defiantly?

He'd think against their will.

Lol I do that all of the time. I make a typo on definitely, and the spellcheck picks defiantly and I didn't even notice I clicked the wrong one

muh specs 

All parts black

I think linus games rarely, he's pretty busy and seems to mention that sometimes. 

oh, excellent point.

Defiantly?

I am not that great at spelling. By "horrible things" I mean if they make it that you need an Nvidia card for a particular game or whatever.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

Gengis had the biggest and most successful empire...wouldn't think that suits intel GPUs very well...xD

He started small and made his empire by taking over others.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

He started small and made his empire by taking over others.

maybe....they would be the ones to acquire  

muh specs 

All parts black

He'd think against their will.

Lol I do that all of the time. I make a typo on definitely, and the spellcheck picks defiantly and I didn't even notice I clicked the wrong one

I am not that great at spelling. By "horrible things" I mean if they make it that you need an Nvidia card for a particular game or whatever.

Yeah I was just poking at the typo, I knew what you meant, lool.

I don't see that happening, though. They know even their dedicated fans would shit on them for doing something like that, if it's even crossed their mind (I'm sure someone in a suit at their HQ has given it a thought).

OH well, don't say that nVidia pays devs to optimize for GTX cards. Last time I mentioned that I got a shitstorm on my head.

this is a what-if question

muh specs 

All parts black

so......

don't game? 

Integrated Graphics master race!

Said no one ever.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

Perhaps, but I often just cannot afford to. Gaming is a hobby after all and I only have so much money to spend on, so if my stance would mean that I'll have to upgrade to a 390x or dual cards and such to keep up with performance then I probably wont and would get an Nvidia product.

But (And this is a big but and I cannot lie) I would much more easily focus on finding different games to play. So far I have 150 on my steam account alone plus some on Origin and Gog, so I really don't need to break down and get say, project cars, if I have several other racing games I can still play anyway.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Whatever plays my games the best.  And in many cases since a decade ago, it has mostly been Nvidia.  I only went AMD to mine LTC way back then.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

wait why the fuck didn't I make a poll? 

muh specs 

All parts black

edit

dafawk

muh specs 

All parts black

Solution is that AMD becomes evil lol.

Then everyone buys whatever is better/more supported.

Then in the end intel wins.

I'd go AMD as long as the difference isn't too great. I would like to give my support to AMD if I can. I don't like the way Nv are locking down development with libraries etc. I feel its bad practice that will just further fragment the PC gaming market so I'd go AMD. Just as long as it isn't a complete onesided battle. If Nv cards are far better in performance and at a similar price, then I may just have to go with the sensible argument and forget my morals.

tl;dr As long as the performance/$ is reasonable, I'd stick with AMD.

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

Don't you have enough from people on this forum judging your every action going by their own moral centre?

Whatever is best for me at the time is what I will buy, don't need morality in my GPU choices too.