Why are sp Fans better than AF fans in Pull configuration and other question

Go to solution Solved by doomed2fail,

So I reckon the best place for the rad is in the exhaust as then the air is hottest AFTER it passes over the motherboard as opposed to being the hottest AS it's going over the motherboard which it would be with the RAD in an intake position.

Solved bitches.

As for question one I guess I'll take yere word on it.

So I'm not understanding how SP fans are not the exact same as AF fans for Pull configurations. I get why they are far surperior in push configurations but does the static pressure also apply to how they suck the air in?? If someone could link me to some benchmarks comparing them It would be much appreciated. Ideally a benchmark with fans that have close CFM.

My second and last question is how important the positioning of the rad is in an AIO. Does having access to fresh cool air in an intake position have noticable benefits over having warm air passing through the rad in an exhaust position? again a link to some benchmarks would be ideal.

I hope these questions are not too nooby but I'm finding it difficult to find solid explanations to question 1 and question 2 just occured to me so I haven't researched that yet. But in general I find it difficult to find solid/comprehensive info on cooling.

Static pressure is also useful in enclosed areas. It won't help in open areas per se, but in closed areas or situations where it's flat up against something, static pressure can help - by how much? Well, my experience shows....Not much.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

static pressure is the exact same for push and pull

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

AF fans are only good exhausts, as SP fans have a wide airflow path, so they are good for pushing through heatsinks, rads, harddrive cages, etc. (they are basically the same for pull). Also having a rad as an intake in the front of the fan won't raise your GPU temps too high, maybe 1-2 degrees.

01101110 01101111 00100000 01101111 01101110 01100101 00100000 01101100 01101111 01110110 01100101 01110011 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101

Main Rig: i7-4790K | Corsair H100i | Asus Z97 | 16GB Ripjaws | 4TB WD Black/512GB SSD | x2 R9 290x | NZXT H440 | HX1000i | 6 Noctuas   [spoiler=SILENT BUILD] Silent build: i5-4460, Be Quiet! Pure Rock, Asrock H97, 8GB HyperX, Samsung 850 Evo 500gb, MSI GTX 970, Be Quiet! Silent Base 800, EVGA Supernova GS 650w 

AMD CPU's. [spoiler=] thats right m8 get 420 no scoped 

So I reckon the best place for the rad is in the exhaust as then the air is hottest AFTER it passes over the motherboard as opposed to being the hottest AS it's going over the motherboard which it would be with the RAD in an intake position.

Solved bitches.

As for question one I guess I'll take yere word on it.