Liquid Cooling Help

Go to solution Solved by Shyxlol,

200$ won't be possible.

XSPC EX280 Dual 140mm

This reservoir looks like what you wanted

A strong pump for multi GPU/CPU loop    If you want to make two different loops later on you could get another pump that is cheaper but that's up to you.

Add a cheap and good looking CPU block.

Add good looking fittings - I'd recommend 3/8"-1/2" compression fittings.

Add some PrimoChill or masterkleer tubing.

Add some good coolant/mayhems.

You could end up with right about 300$.

If you'd like a bay-res you could go for a xspc kit or something.

So. Hi there Linustechtips forum people. I am planning on doing a build some time next month after I sell my laptop. These are the planned specs:

CPU: 4770k

GPU: EVGA 780 classified with backplate

MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene

CASE: Corsair obsidian 350D

RAM: Corsair dominator platinum 4x4 gb 2133 MHz (4x4 instead of 2x8 for a more 'full' look)

PSU: Corsair AX860i with custom done cabling

HDD: WB black 2 tb

SSD: Corsair neutron GTX 256 GB

1x rear intake fan: Noiseblocker pk-ps 120mm

2x front intake fan: Noiseblocker pk-ps 140mm

2x top exhaust fan: Noiseblocker pk-ps 140mm (mounted on radiator)

To the questions!

So I was wondering if for ~200 USD I could build a custom liquid cooling loop for my CPU using one 280mm radiator (35mm max thickness) mounted on the top of the case, and a cylinder reservoir with a pump that mounts on on the bottom of said reservoir.

In around two years I plan on getting a second 780 classified and adding the two gpu's to the loop, dropping ~300 USD on the cooling parts. I might do a second loop entirely for the gpu's with another 280 rad in the front, and go for black tubing, and use red tubing for the cpu loop for a cool divided look.

Would a total of 280mm^2 of dissipation area be enough for a 4770k overclocked to around 4.6 GHZ? 

If I could do the CPU loop with the money I have (or a bit more), what parts would I need to get (I would like 1/2 inch ID tubes)? I am quite new to the liquid cooling field and I just want to know so that I do not kill my quite expensive build in the process.

Sorry if I messed up any terminology during this, as I said, I am new to liquid cooling. I will be posting a photo build log of it on these forums after I build it.

Please look at the FAQ, you will find what you need there, (2.7 I believe).

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

200$ won't be possible.

XSPC EX280 Dual 140mm

This reservoir looks like what you wanted

A strong pump for multi GPU/CPU loop    If you want to make two different loops later on you could get another pump that is cheaper but that's up to you.

Add a cheap and good looking CPU block.

Add good looking fittings - I'd recommend 3/8"-1/2" compression fittings.

Add some PrimoChill or masterkleer tubing.

Add some good coolant/mayhems.

You could end up with right about 300$.

If you'd like a bay-res you could go for a xspc kit or something.

Cheap and water-cooling don't go well together.

Pump ~60-90

Block ~50

Res ~20

Rad ~70

Fittings ~20

Tubing ~20

Silverkill ~5

Distilled water ~4

Yeah, closer to $300 and that's for bare-bones single rad with no pump top and a cheap micro-res. Pump top clyinder res combinations go for about $100 plus cost of pump (Aqualis / Koolance / Bitspower are all about the same price), so your budget is going to have to go up if you want to start going beyond basic, I wouldn't touch a bayres, they suck to bleed and I've never had one that didn't have priming issues with D5 pumps (and I've used the two most popular, Koolance 452x2 & xspc nylon d5). 

Thank you everybody for your help! I hope to be successful in my liquid cooling very soon!