PCCaseGear Prices

I was looking at prices for different things at PCCG just now because I can and...

When did their prices get so jacked up??

i5 4690k - $325

FX-8350 - $245

Seriously... I remember when you could get an i5 2500k for like $225 from these guys. What the fuck happened? Considering (according to Linus) the 8350 performs fairly similarly to the 3570k, what's the point in getting a 4690k if it costs $80 more? I mean jesus, I remember when the i7's were in the ~$350 price range... Now the 4790k is $469!

ASRock Z97 Extreme4 - $209

This was $175 at launch!

Am I missing something?

waffle waffle waffle on and on and on

The thing you're missing - You're in Australia. Reasonable pricing is not a thing here.

Seriously though, it may be related to inflation over time.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

The thing you're missing - You're in Australia. Reasonable pricing is not a thing here.

It is. The prices reflect US prices almost perfectly, only the fact that you get no deals probably skews your perception.

4690K is 240 dollars US (newegg), convert to AUD 300, add 10%=330, so you get it even cheaper than in newegg.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Recent economy trouble has jacked prices on everything :( but they have a good sale on the MSI R9 290

I have similar sh*t in local stores, if u convert local prices into USD.

So funny.

One thing to remember about Aussie prices is that they include the 10% GST sales tax while american prices don't. By Australian law the price on the sticker must be inclusive of GST, while I think in the US it is added at the checkout. 

It is. The prices reflect US prices almost perfectly, only the fact that you get no deals probably skews your perception.

4690K is 240 dollars US (newegg), convert to AUD 300, add 10%=330, so you get it even cheaper than in newegg.

^^ so US ---> AUD + 10% is actually a totally fair price.

Also known to his peers as Lord Scrubby McScrubington

One thing to remember about Aussie prices is that they include the 10% GST sales tax while american prices don't. By Australian law the price on the sticker must be inclusive of GST, while I think in the US it is added at the checkout. 

10% is taxes, US prices don't reflect taxes because every state has their own.  My bad didn't see you actually explained it yourself.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Our dollar has dropped significantly since 2500k days i think we are only at 80 cents to the USD atm :(

Yes... I'm aware that I'm in Australia and the GST and what-not. The GST was around as long as I can remember and you can't explain these recent price spikes with just the GST. In 2014 they (the 4690k's) were in the mid to high $200's, now they're in the $300's... Dafuq?

Recent economy trouble has jacked prices on everything :( but they have a good sale on the MSI R9 290

Yeah I saw that, almost doesn't make sense to get a 970. More efficiency for $90 extra doesn't seem worth it to me.

Our dollar has dropped significantly since 2500k days i think we are only at 80 cents to the USD atm :(

It sucks but it still doesn't explain the massive recent price spike. Maybe they've jacked up the prices for the winter holidays? Maybe they figure more people will be spending more time inside on their computers?

I hope the prices go down again, it's almost at the point where an i5 is out of my price range...

waffle waffle waffle on and on and on

My 2500K has better performance per $ (with it's 2011 price tag of $219) than the 4690k has now at $325, nice step backwards. Would've got 3 2600K systems if I knew.

2500K @ 4.5GHz | ASRock P67 Extreme 6 | 16GB Ram | GTX 750 Ti | 250gb SSD | 1TB+2TB HDD | 720W CoolerMaster PSU | Essense STX Sound Card | Define R5

It sucks but it still doesn't explain the massive recent price spike. Maybe they've jacked up the prices for the winter holidays? Maybe they figure more people will be spending more time inside on their computers?

I hope the prices go down again, it's almost at the point where an i5 is out of my price range...

Yes it does, last year we were buying anywhere from 99c - 97c now we are only at 80c that is a huge decrease, this is what happens when you put all your eggs into one basket e.g thinking our mining industry was going to last forever.