earbuds

Lays

My friend on IRC wants to buy some new earbuds, he says his budget is 100 pounds.

He was looking at "shure se215" but I linked him the meze 11 classics that linus did a review on recently.

Anyone else know any good earbuds? I know a bit about headphones but not as much about buds. lol

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Klipsch S4, S4i, and S5i. All awesome earbuds.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

beats by dr.dre

lol, no!

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

beats by dr.dre

lol, no!

great help..

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

great help..

no thx, btw i would go for meze

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

The Shures' Se215's got some solid reviews. According from a thread quite a whiel back, there was a rumour that meze was a remake of some other earphone 

I don't know if this is any help or not but I have yet to wear a pair of earbuds that are actually worth the price tag. I don't know why but for some reason anything from $20-$30 all sounds the same. I reckon they are probably all out of the same factory with different brands printed on the side.

I have yet to try out a decent pair (read $300+) so I can't compare with that but I wouldn't waste my money on anything in between unless you have thoroughly researched that you are actually getting a decent pair for your cash.

Just my 2c

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

sennheiser, westone, etymotic and shure are at the top of my list for IEMs(and jhaudio but those are another price bracket)

I've also heard good things about hifiman

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

I don't know if this is any help or not but I have yet to wear a pair of earbuds that are actually worth the price tag. I don't know why but for some reason anything from $20-$30 all sounds the same. I reckon they are probably all out of the same factory with different brands printed on the side.

What a massively broad claim with a bit of conspiracy theory thrown in for good measure. What brands have you tried may i ask?

Headset

What a massively broad claim with a bit of conspiracy theory thrown in for good measure. What brands have you tried may i ask?

all the generic shit, phillips, sony, tdk, skull candy, coby, etc. Everything you'd expect to be at the $20-$30.  No conspiracy just my impression, they sound and look like the same factory has made them.

I am only warning to do some serious research before dropping 100 pound on a pair. as that price point is right in the middle.  

If I have time later I'll do some research into who makes what, but I doubt that will be news to anyone.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

meze recommendations again... why did linus have to unbox those things

I don't think it's all linus' fault.

Logan didn't help either.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

I just read 2 interesting articles on gizmodo (not that I really like gizmodo) that explain why all the cheaper earbuds sound the same to me, they in all likely hood are the same. They reported that you would have to spend at least $100US to get half decent earbuds. 

Worth at least a quick glance.

I just read 2 interesting articles on gizmodo (not that I really like gizmodo) that explain why all the cheaper earbuds sound the same to me, they in all likely hood are the same. They reported that you would have to spend at least $100US to get half decent earbuds. 

Worth at least a quick glance.

In my imagination, there's a handful of OEMs that spit out tons of earbud drivers without making them to some sort of spec, then bin them for "extra bass" or a "flat eq" and then just lump at the rest in a big 'ol bag of Grade B.

Edit: read the article, oh how I love being right.  ;)

In my imagination, there's a handful of OEMs that spit out tons of earbud drivers without making them to some sort of spec, then bin them for "extra bass" or a "flat eq" and then just lump at the rest in a big 'ol bag of Grade B.

you might be right, it would certainly explain why most earbuds only cost $8 to produce yet there is very wide range of prices out there.

Not to go off topic but I hate it when people call them earbuds. Just call them IEMs or In Ear Monitors pls.

Install Gentoo GNU/Linux | "You have been placed on moderator queue. This means that all content you submit will need to be approved by a moderator before it will be shown." | top LEL

Build specs: Corsair 540, i7 2600K @ 4.2Ghz, Asrock z77 extreme4, 16gb DDR3 @1866, 2 x 1TB, GTX 560 ti
Monitors: Asus VG236H, Dell U2713HM Headphones: Koss PortaPro, DT 770 80ohm, AT-AD700 | Steam profile

Shure SE215s, I just got my pair, so far they are really good! 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

Not to go off topic but I hate it when people call them earbuds. Just call them IEMs or In Ear Monitors pls.

There is a difference between buds and in ears but I get whatchu saiyan

the OP asked about earbuds not monitors?

There is actually a difference and earbuds are the correct term for a headphone that sits in the earlobe.

the OP asked about earbuds not monitors?

There is actually a difference and earbuds are the correct term for a headphone that sits in the earlobe.

The Shure's he asked about are in ears, however.

The Shure's he asked about are in ears, however.

Yep, and he also asked for earbuds.  The term earbud is also considered the general term for any similar in ear product. Not trying to be picky but I think general terms are ok.

just for reference:

http://www.bestearbudsguide.com/difference-between-earbuds-earphones-in-ear-monitors/

Yep, and he also asked for earbuds.  The term earbud is also considered the general term for any similar in ear product. Not trying to be picky but I think general terms are ok.

Now you're just contradicting yourself.

Pro Tip: I'm not debating you on the colloquial differences between "earbuds" and "ear buds" nor their effect on common language in today's society. Got better things to do.

I have these. My budget was 130€ last christmas, but they had good reviews and after just trying them out I have to say they sound brilliant. So if he wants to save some money and get really good earbuds, they might be the way to go...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/RHA-MA450i-Isolating-Earphones-Microphone/dp/B008ET9VY0/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

Now you're just contradicting yourself.

Pro Tip: I'm not debating you on the colloquial differences between "earbuds" and "ear buds" nor their effect on common language in today's society. Got better things to do.

I wasn't debating anything, I was merely pointing out that asking us to refer to a range of products as a specific product isn't necessary (and technically wrong), it's not like he's going to buy the wrong one because I called it a headphone when I meant to say monitor. :)