Nvidia GTX 980 TI might be coming in May

Nvidia rumored to launch a new card, yet again with the "TI" branding.

As you've seen it in the title of this topic, there are rumors circulating that might point in the direction of the unveiling of a "TI" edition of the GTX 980.

Indeed, with the "3.5GB GTX 970" problem, Nvidia had to re-conquer us. And they might've already done it.

The release date for this new card is rumored to be in mid-May, although to this point (and with my knowledge of the situation), Nvidia does not have a press conference anytime soon.

The new card is rumored to have 6GB of GDDR5 memory (over the 4GB of the regular 980), have a 384-bit memory bus (over the 256bits of the current one), could be based on the same GM200 architecture as the Titan X, and could have 3 full-sized DisplayPort, 1 HDMI port, and 1 DVI port.

You can see a full breakdown of the rumored specs of the card here.

Here is a chinese source that gave more specs (although it is a traduction by Google Trad -.-' )

There are no rumors on the price of the card, although it might be a between the Titan X and the GTX 980 ( or it could be the same price than the 980, we are allowed to dream ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ).

With the rumors of a AMD R3XXX series of video cards coming soon, Nvidia could have already tackled his bigger concurrent.

Here's another article, a litlle older this time, only talking about rumors, with no real specs.

PS : If you have any other information on the card, or if you saw a mistake, just comment on this post, I'll edit it if needed.

Not another one of these...

Thread: "980ti rumor"

LTT: "Can't wait for the 980ti to come out!"

Mid may? I'm pretty sure that's like... Now... As in if this wasn't BS we would have official word from Nvidia. This is why you shouldn't believe everything you see, a lot of the time it just leads to false hopes.

This has been posted before...

Just wait, someone will post link

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

PS : If you have any other information on the card, or if you saw a mistake, just comment on this post, I'll edit it if needed.

The mistake is that every single link you used as a source has been posted before:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/353224-gtx-980-980-ti-enhanced-metal-edition-in-the-works/

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/357846-nvidia-geforce-gtx-980-ti-confirmed-to-feature-6gb-memory-videocardzcom/

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/336176-nvidia-readying-gm200-based-geforce-gtx-980-ti/

This has been posted before...

Just wait, someone will post link

I just searched before posting it, there was no thread. And I searched in the whole site.

Sorry, just searched right before posting, there was no result. Google must've screwed me over ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Sorry, just searched right before posting, there was no result. Google must've screwed me over ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

It happens to the best of us. So my recommendation is to just start frequently posting here and check the Tech News section often and you will know what has been posted and what hasn't been that way.

Why is everyone obsessed over the exact day new hardware comes out way before it actually is on stores just wait patiently, you don't need to make plans on your calendar then run out and camp in front of your local hardware store and be the first one to have it.

wat