nuc size pc for music streaming.

I am looking for a nuc size computer to use at work for streaming music like pandora or spotify.

Wondering what options are out there for cheap or if I should just go with the basic nuc.

I know the raspberry pi exists but I have never looked into it before. It needs to be simple to use because my coworkers are not as tech friendly.

Also need a small screen to use with it. I already have a small Bluetooth mouse/keyboard combo. This will all be sitting on a small shelf out of the way.

If you want more info feel free to ask. Thanks.

Blarg

I am looking for a nuc size computer to use at work for streaming music like pandora or spotify.

Wondering what options are out there for cheap or if I should just go with the basic nuc.

I know the raspberry pi exists but I have never looked into it before. It needs to be simple to use because my coworkers are not as tech friendly.

Also need a small screen to use with it. I already have a small Bluetooth mouse/keyboard combo. This will all be sitting on a small shelf out of the way.

If you want more info feel free to ask. Thanks.

Any reason you're not going for a tablet?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

A second-hand mini PC like the Acer Aspire Revo + a old second-hand 17" LCD

"Rawr XD"

I think there are more dedicated devices for this... What audio hardware is hooked up to it?

Just a simple bluetooth speaker system right now. I may change that in the future since we have lots of wall space. Maybe.

The speaker is a creative brand.

Any reason you're not going for a tablet?

I could be overthinking it. Its a possibility. I personally dont want to deal with the battery and I think if it is mobile it will be more likely to be destroyed. (One coworker is on her 4th phone in the past 6 months I think.)

A second-hand mini PC like the Acer Aspire Revo + a old second-hand 17" LCD

Sounds like a good option.

1. Compute stick is not available yet.

2. How would that work with the compute stick?

Blarg

Just a simple bluetooth speaker system right now. I may change that in the future since we have lots of wall space. Maybe.

The speaker is a creative brand.

I could be overthinking it. Its a possibility. I personally dont want to deal with the battery and I think if it is mobile it will be more likely to be destroyed. (One coworker is on her 4th phone in the past 6 months I think.)

Sounds like a good option.

1. Compute stick is not available yet.

2. How would that work with the compute stick?

its just a portable monitor they make various types 

its just a portable monitor they make various types

nevermind. I thought it only had the usb for power on the compute stick. There is a second one for output.

Blarg

I know you mentioned neither of your coworkers are tech savvy, but look at the Raspberry Pi 2 again (the latest release). You can install Kodi on it, which is pretty much a hybrid OS between Ubuntu and XBMC. It's very easy to use (meant for living rooms where tech-noobs will want to enjoy content), and has compatibility for all you are asking for.

For less than $75 you can get all the parts, the Raspberry unit itself, a nice case to go along (maybe hang it/ attach it to a monitor), a SD card, and get a USB Bluetooth adapter if you don't have any. It's a silent very power efficient solution. And also you get 4 USB ports + HDMI out of the box, which is hard to beat.

I know you mentioned neither of your coworkers are tech savvy, but look at the Raspberry Pi 2 again (the latest release). You can install Kodi on it, which is pretty much a hybrid OS between Ubuntu and XBMC. It's very easy to use (meant for living rooms where tech-noobs will want to enjoy content), and has compatibility for all you are asking for.

For less than $75 you can get all the parts, the Raspberry unit itself, a nice case to go along (maybe hang it/ attach it to a monitor), a SD card, and get a USB Bluetooth adapter if you don't have any. It's a silent very power efficient solution. And also you get 4 USB ports + HDMI out of the box, which is hard to beat.

Thats why I was interested in the pi but I have never looked into linux. I will give kodi a look. Thanks.

Blarg