Anyone have any experience with Roku and Apple TV?

I just want something to stream netflix and crunchyroll. Which gives me a smoother experience? Apple TV or Roku 3? I don't really care for performance and stuff like that, I just don't want to noticeable lag when I'm scrolling through options.

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

I have a roku 3 and no complaints

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I have a roku 3 and no complaints

I've read that you can plug headphones into the Roku's remote and have sound through that, does it actually work properly?

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

I've read that you can plug headphones into the Roku's remote and have sound through that, does it actually work properly?

yes it does. the included earbuds are more than shitty though.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

yes it does. the included earbuds are more than shitty though.

I was planning to use HD598's. That's a feature I'm actually quite interested in. I guess my eyes are on the Roku 3.

Just a heads up before purchasing, make sure you're getting the updated 2015 version of the Roku 2 or 3, which were released recently. The Roku 2 now has the same processing power as the Roku 3, allowing it to run faster, and costs $70, but without the voice remote of the Roku 3. If you don't care about chatting with your remote, check out the updated version of the Roku 2 box. Read more about the updates at the links below.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/4/6/8351299/new-roku-streaming-boxes-2015-announced 

https://blog.roku.com/blog/2015/04/06/new-ways-to-search-and-discover-streaming-entertainment-plus-upgraded-roku-3-and-roku-2-streaming-players/

the roku doesn't have advanced networking options for stuff like vpn's and stuff

you would be better off buying a second hand pc ...throw in a hdmi videocard into it ...if it doesn't have one...and get a logitech K400 keyboard

a pc is updateable and configurable....gives you more future proofing to stream media...

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

the roku doesn't have advanced networking options for stuff like vpn's and stuff

you would be better off buying a second hand pc ...throw in a hdmi videocard into it ...if it doesn't have one...and get a logitech K400 keyboard

a pc is updateable and configurable....gives you more future proofing to stream media...

I have pretty much no problem throwing 5-6 grands into computer stuff. But a media-streaming PC is something I've tried in the past. It doesn't work. It's the most inconvenient thing in the world. Nothing can be more convenient then having a remote with arrow keys + enter/back button

Just a heads up before purchasing, make sure you're getting the updated 2015 version of the Roku 2 or 3, which were released recently. The Roku 2 now has the same processing power as the Roku 3, allowing it to run faster, and costs $70, but without the voice remote of the Roku 3. If you don't care about chatting with your remote, check out the updated version of the Roku 2 box. Read more about the updates at the links below.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/4/6/8351299/new-roku-streaming-boxes-2015-announced

https://blog.roku.com/blog/2015/04/06/new-ways-to-search-and-discover-streaming-entertainment-plus-upgraded-roku-3-and-roku-2-streaming-players/

Roku 2 sounds like a good deal, but it seems the remote doesn't come with a headphone jack.

I have pretty much no problem throwing 5-6 grands into computer stuff. But a media-streaming PC is something I've tried in the past. It doesn't work. It's the most inconvenient thing in the world. Nothing can be more convenient then having a remote with arrow keys + enter/back button

Run plex or XMBC on it then and get a remote with arrow keys :P

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I have an Apple TV that now collects dust as the Chromecast that I got is better for me in every way. It's just way easier to use especially with my phone having a TV Remote app so that now I don't even need to ever touch my TV's remote or a crappy Apple TV remote, I do it all with my phone. Plus Chromecast is only $39 in Canada so you can't go wrong saving quite a bit of money.

So far I've also received a $20 Play Store gift card when I purchased it, for Valentine's day everyone was given a $6 Play Store gift card to "rent a movie with your Valentine." I'm sure I'm missing one other time I got a few more $ for various events but basically the Chromecast pays for itself and it's just so much easier to use than any set-top box imo.