CPU & GPU not running at full load, crappy FPS. Help!

Hi guys.. I'm running out of ideas here..

It seems that I might have done something wrong or totally forgotten to do something to my PC after a fresh install of OS.

Prior to fresh install it could play games like gta5 on medium to high settings fairly smoothly like near or sub 60fps, LoL over 110-120fps.

SPECS

-Intel core2quad Q8200 2.33ghz

-MSI g41m-p33 combo motherboard

-8GB DDR3 RAM

-1TB HDD

-550w cooler master PSU

-Asus GTX 670

So I did a fresh reinstall, REMOVED MY SSD (In which the previous windows was installed in. Took SSD out to place into another pc that needed it more), format my HDD and reinstalled windows on the HDD

-installed amd catalyst driver for a space card I had. MSI AMD RADEON 6770.

-realised I dunwanna sell the 670 (the reason why I even did a fresh install)

-turned off computer

-took out the AMD CARD

-installed GTX670

-turned back on

-installed latest nvidia drivers

From this point I started playing insurgency and rust, seemed to obtain near 60 fps and after a break i start to realise everything was stuttering as if the GPU is throttling.

-restarted

-did windows update till service pack 1 (thought that might help)

-restarted

-downloaded and installed MSI afterburner.

And I realise my CPU and GPU are running at sub 40-50% load.

With very stutters and unstable fps at 10-30fps

Is something limiting them

WHAT DO I DO FROM HERE?

Doesn't seem like a cpu nor gpu bottleneck..

I'm pretty sure there isn't a hardware issue but I might still be wrong.

Can you guys guide me on how to troubleshoot and solve this issue?

AMD and NVIDIA drivers conflict?

BIOS update?

Reinstall drivers..?

Nvidia power option?

Hardware issue?

Software?

Hi guys.. I'm running out of ideas here..

It seems that I might have done something wrong or totally forgotten to do something to my PC after a fresh install of OS.

Prior to fresh install it could play games like gta5 on medium to high settings fairly smoothly like near or sub 60fps, LoL over 110-120fps.

SPECS

-Intel core2quad Q8200 2.33ghz

-MSI g41m-p33 combo motherboard

-8GB DDR3 RAM

-1TB HDD

-550w cooler master PSU

-Asus GTX 670

So I did a fresh reinstall, REMOVED MY SSD (In which the previous windows was installed in. Took SSD out to place into another pc that needed it more), format my HDD and reinstalled windows on the HDD

-installed amd catalyst driver for a space card I had. MSI AMD RADEON 6770.

-realised I dunwanna sell the 670 (the reason why I even did a fresh install)

-turned off computer

-took out the AMD CARD

-installed GTX670

-turned back on

-installed latest nvidia drivers

From this point I started playing insurgency and rust, seemed to obtain near 60 fps and after a break i start to realise everything was stuttering as if the GPU is throttling.

-restarted

-did windows update till service pack 1 (thought that might help)

-restarted

-downloaded and installed MSI afterburner.

And I realise my CPU and GPU are running at sub 40-50% load.

With very stutters and unstable fps at 10-30fps

Is something limiting them

WHAT DO I DO FROM HERE?

Doesn't seem like a cpu nor gpu bottleneck..

I'm pretty sure there isn't a hardware issue but I might still be wrong.

Can you guys guide me on how to troubleshoot and solve this issue?

AMD and NVIDIA drivers conflict?

BIOS update?

Reinstall drivers..?

Nvidia power option?

Hardware issue?

Software?

Make sure to remove the AMD drivers....before you you install the Invidia Drivers.

Also maybe try overclocking

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

:(

dude, chill out, rome wasn't built in a day, and just because someone doesnt answer in like 3 sec after you post, doesn't mean it won't be answered. alot of threads get lost.

Rule number 1 on my rules of Fresh installs: BACKUP THE DRIVERS BEFOREHAND!.... sorry.

but make sure you have all the needed drivers that you had installed before the install.

AMD GPU and nvidia GPU doesnt fight to the death...they prefer the drinking game.

If your gonna swap between the two, then end CCC when using Nvidia, and vise versa. (end via task manager)

Your bios doesn't change between installs.

It seems more of a driver issue. get all the drivers installed(chipset, graphics,  etc) and get back to me..

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 3.2GHz || GPU:(first release,used) MSI R9 270 OC || Motherboard:MSI Z97-G45 Gaming Motherboard || RAM: 8 GB G.Skill Sniper 1600 || Monitors: Vizio 22 in Ultra slim 1080p TV || Storage: Seagate barracuda 160 GB 7200RPM,(REFURB) 1TB toshiba 7200RPM || PSU: (stripped from 2013 CAD PC)Corsair CX600 build was under $420

BE SURE TO FOLLOW YOUR THREADS! READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN TROUBLESHOOTING!! http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/40334-read-before-asking-for-help/

If you have V-Sync on (I know Rust doesn't currently have that option) your FPS will be limited to the refresh rate of your monitor, so maybe that's why your hardware isn't under full load in some cases.

But I want to know your temperatures. Download your favorite software and check your temps while in a game. I personally use CPUid's HWMonitor.

Make sure to remove the AMD drivers....before you you install the Invidia Drivers.

Sorry, but this is bad advice. You don't know the root cause yet and haven't singled all other possible issues out yet.

AMD drivers being installed while an Nvidia card is installed will also not make a difference as long as the Nvidia drivers are present.

Nice way to tell someone to f*ck up their components m8.

Overclocking is the last thing to consider, especially since he said the CPU can't hit max load.

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 3.2GHz || GPU:(first release,used) MSI R9 270 OC || Motherboard:MSI Z97-G45 Gaming Motherboard || RAM: 8 GB G.Skill Sniper 1600 || Monitors: Vizio 22 in Ultra slim 1080p TV || Storage: Seagate barracuda 160 GB 7200RPM,(REFURB) 1TB toshiba 7200RPM || PSU: (stripped from 2013 CAD PC)Corsair CX600 build was under $420

BE SURE TO FOLLOW YOUR THREADS! READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN TROUBLESHOOTING!! http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/40334-read-before-asking-for-help/

Thanks guys >.< I'm new here heh..

Temps appear to be around 40 degree Celsius. No vcync was on during the gaming test. Okay ima try reinstalling all the drivers to the latest and see what happens

Overclocking is not the solution.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch