GTX 970 enough for witcher 3 ultra 1080p

Go to solution Solved by Gix7Fifty,

Overclocking it does not make it magically do something it could not do before, it will just give you more frames per second. Witcher 3 recommended gpu is a GTX 770 or R9 290 so a GTX 970 should do quite nicely.

If I overclock it can I reach ultra 1080p maybe no aa I know 980 can but I'm hoping 970 can too. I'm amusing it can as it came free but I'm not sure what do you think because game hasn't come out yet.

lol???

doesn't mean you can play on ultra because it came with

I wouldn't expect 60FPS solid at Ultra, considering the Witcher games are pretty much well known for pushing the current hardware when they release. The again, I don't have my crystal ball with me. 

I wouldn't count on it

Because he had a hard drive.

We don't know as we don't have it.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Overclocking it does not make it magically do something it could not do before, it will just give you more frames per second. Witcher 3 recommended gpu is a GTX 770 or R9 290 so a GTX 970 should do quite nicely.

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

Yes though I here thats for ultra 30fps.

Not enough,

The recommended setting only allow you to play Mid-High @1080p.

According to the report, the recommended PC hardware for the game won’t allow players to run it on ultra settings, meaning players will need more horsepower to max out the game and play it with all the graphical features enabled. When asked whether players would be able to max out the game with the recommended hardware, CD Projekt RED told Witchersite that the recommended specifications are only for playing the game on mid-high settings in 1080p.

http://wccftech.com/the-witcher-3-1080p-ps4-optimization-issues/

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

So pretty much I gotaa get a 980 fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

2x 970 is the better option or #yolo Titan-X

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

2x 970 is the better option or #yolo Titan-X

But more expensive Like $100 more expensive Plus I can go dual 980 l8er

Well, im getting 80-95 fps on ultra 1080p with a single 970 and having on sli i have 160 fps. (...) (...) (...)

Well, im getting 80-95 fps on ultra 1080p with a single 970 and having on sli i have 160 fps. (...) (...) (...)

Yes but wither 3 is hard as hell to run.

But more expensive Like $100 more expensive Plus I can go dual 980 l8er

Up to you but the 970 performance is very close to 980 but at much cheaper price, 3.5gb is not really an issue.

Up to you but the 970 performance is very close to 980 but at much cheaper price, 3.5gb is not really an issue.

Well yeah but Even if I OC I'm not maximng out witcher  :( Yet other games even if I OC disable AA I'm not getting 60fps 1440p yet OC 980 will.

Yes i have the Witcher 3, i did benchmarks

Yes i have the Witcher 3, i did benchmarks

A guy said he got 60fps with a 980 and witcher 2 gtx 970 can't keep up you sure its ultra Is your card overclocked

You're just posting a whole bunch of nothing since the game isn't out and nobody has seen performance numbers.  Calm your tits and wait 5 days before yo go buy your GPU.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Not enough,

The recommended setting only allow you to play Mid-High @1080p.

http://wccftech.com/the-witcher-3-1080p-ps4-optimization-issues/

A 970 is definitely enough for it to run nicely at 1080p, I never stated it will run ultra of at least 60fps. Also take those wccftech articles with a grain of salt.

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

A 970 is definitely enough for it to run nicely at 1080p, I never stated it will run ultra of at least 60fps. Also take those wccftech articles with a grain of salt.

Hmm though apparently a 980 will.  I could get that or OC my 970 and slightly lower the settings.

Hmm though apparently a 980 will.  I could get that or OC my 970 and slightly lower the settings.

Wait until the 390x comes out and see what 970's drop in price for sli compared to a 980.

Based on multiple reports from previews, a 970 will get you very close to maxing out W3 @1080p/60fps.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

the gtx 980 is already confirmed by many reviewers to be able running the game 1080p 60fps const whilste stuttering from time to time when nvidia hair works is enabled. I would say a 970 therefore should run the game on ultra/very high  60fps 1080p const with hair works disabled.

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.