980 TI

Sequence

So im trying to guess when they will drop this i thinking maybe computex? what do you guys think ? 

It also might be as real as my GF. 

I don't have a GF. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Which reliable source have you heard that it is even a thing? (just curious, I'm a bit doubtful because I haven't seen anything confirmed)

If I had to take a guess, I'd say it'd be right after the high end AMD 300 series get launched. Nvidia tends to undermine AMD products, which sounds dirty but it's good business practice. 

I don't have a GF. 

it is hella likely though  

I don't have a GF.

Maybe someday...

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Why is it likely?

They have almost no reason to release a card at this point. It's highly unlikely that AMD's offerings will beat out their top tiers, as most of these are supposedly rebrands.

So... no.

@Kloaked

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

I don't have a GF. 

You'll always have your left/right hand <3

Why is it likely?

They have almost no reason to release a card at this point. It's highly unlikely that AMD's offerings will beat out their top tiers, as most of these are supposedly rebrands.

So... no.

@Kloaked

they only have 1 GM200 card, so having a use for the chips that dont qualify for titan Xs make a 980ti a posibility

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

Why is it likely?

So... no.

@Kloaked

But they do have a reason to bring out a new card, the titan x is a little to costly for some so a still powerful more gaming oriented flagship card is needed to fill the, a 980 is not enough but i cant afford a titan x 

You'll always have your left/right hand <3

Both at the same time = two girlfriends?

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Both at the same time = two girlfriends?

Hey man, I had a 3 way last night. It was great, would have been better if the other 2 showed up  B)

But they do have a reason to bring out a new card, the titan x is a little to costly for some so a still powerful more gaming oriented flagship card is needed to fill the, a 980 is not enough but i cant afford a titan x 

they only have 1 GM200 card, so having a use for the chips that dont qualify for titan Xs make a 980ti a posibility

They have one GM200... because it is the most powerful GPU in the world... why would they undermine that?

And the Titan X is costly, yes... but it's not a budget card. You're insane if you think it is... the 980 is for those people that can't afford them.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

They have one GM200... because it is the most powerful GPU in the world... why would they undermine that?

yeah, but you can expect all chips to to be up to titan X standarts, the ones that dont qualify go to waste. its saving money.

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

yeah, but you can expect all chips to to be up to titan X standarts, the ones that dont qualify go to waste. its saving money.

Not really. A titan chip is roughly sold for 1000$-1200$ USD depending on where you live. A 980ti would probably be sold around 700-800$, but this would undermine the titan. So realistically if they sell 980tis then they loose roughly 300-500$ for each person who buys a 980ti instead of a Titan

EDIT:

How much do you think it costs to produce a chip?

Which reliable source have you heard that it is even a thing? (just curious, I'm a bit doubtful because I haven't seen anything confirmed)

If I had to take a guess, I'd say it'd be right after the high end AMD 300 series get launched. Nvidia tends to undermine AMD products, which sounds dirty but it's good business practice.

Corsair lists it on their psu compatibility list

Is it, though? There's a huge price gap between the GTX 980 and Titan X, but there isn't really a huge performance gap. Another card wedged in there could very easily be too competitive with the Titan X and not competitive enough with the 980.

That said I've heard the rumors, and certainly they need something to do with GM200's that couldn't be Titan X's. I'll be surprised if they do this, though.

They may wait for amd to make their move first

Z77A-G43 LGA 1155, Intel I5 3450s, Radeon R9 290 (non-X), Cooler Master V750 Gold (750W) PSU, 2x4GB Ripjaws X 1866 MHz, 1x4 Crucial 1866 MHz, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, Thor V2 Full-tower Case, Acer 1920x1080 Monitor