Corsair H90: lots of problems with it.

So I have in front of me a Corsair H90. it had a problem keeping someones i7-3930K cooled so they left this with me.

when shaking it, you can hear the liquid splush around, so there is a lot of air. (doesn't sound like much liquid at all...  So I was wondering if there was a way to re-fill the cooler.

Secondly, is there a way to see if the motor works/not burned out without having to stick it in a desktop?

no you cannot open it

it is normal to have air inside

shaking it around just causes bubbles and makes it take longer for the noise to stop

and you can just plug it in to any PSU with a 12v fan adapter and listen to the pump working

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

no you cannot open it

it is normal to have air inside

shaking it around just causes bubbles and makes it take longer for the noise to stop

and you can just plug it in to any PSU with a 12v fan adapter and listen to the pump working

Why is there supposed to be air in it?

Why is there supposed to be air in it?

because when the AiO gets sealed there are microbubbles still attached to the inside of the tubing, radiator, and blocks

the only way to get those microbubbles out would be to run the loop open under water until all the bubbles come out which is not really possible with a non submergeable pump, also it takes time

so there will always be air in it, but when you leave it still for a while the bubbles should accumulate in one dead spot in the loop(usually the top of the radiator) and they will stop flowing though the pump making loud noise

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020