GPU-based rootkit and keylogger. For all your rootkit and keylogger needs! Order now!

GoodBytes

That time when I'm grateful to not have a GPU.  oh god unless it can target igpus then i'm screwed too noooooo

Digital warfare and blackmail, theft etc etc sure has become rampant as of late. Really sad. :(

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I hope you mean Remote Access Tool. If it was random access, it would be pretty pointless.

Good catch, edited.

Son of a gun, now my gpu can be targeted. Well at least it not out there...... Yet.

This is clever.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

i never understood why people do bad things... be it theft,murder,rape,bullying or on the internet create malware,cyberbullying, theft, you get the idea. 

1st thing 1st since I saw a lot of people using it and especially because this is a tech oriented forum

for the love of god! stop calling your video card, "the GPU"

this is a GPU:

220px-6600GT_GPU.jpg

and this is a video card / graphics car / display adapter:

6600gtfront_fs.jpg

see the difference!?!?

---

when a tech support guy gets a call from a client he tell him "I removed the GPU" .. tech support guy would be "oh no you didn't"

like with this topic's tile "Malware in GPU can ... ", when you're actually referring to video card's VRAM

-snip-

like with this topic's tile "Malware in GPU can ... ", when you're actually referring to video card's VRAM

So it's a slight misnomer. I am still referring to GPU based malware as the article states.  The GPU is executing malicious code while yes is housed on the video cards memory is still GPU-based malware. I edited the title.

but's not like the video card is the security hole, it's the OpenCL driver that's the security problem, coupled with AV software inability

the OpenCL malware still needs to exist and be loaded into VRAM via RAM - active AV software should be able to catch that

So it's a slight misnomer. I am still referring to GPU based malware as the article states.  The GPU is executing malicious code while yes is housed on the video cards memory is still GPU-based malware. I edited the title.

You might want to add this to the OP in regards to Linux: http://www.infoworld.com/article/2920275/operating-systems/new-linux-rootkit-leverages-gpus-for-stealth.html

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs