EULA change for GTA V: modding in any mode is prohibited! (Edit: it's BS)

werto165

Am I the only one who bought GTA V to play it for what it is? I don't need mods to have fun :)

Me too but I wouldn't say no to more fun, so it is a bit disappointing.

Someone needs to make a way to specifically skip clicking "i agree" on the EULA.

That way people can legitimately say "I never agreed to any of that bullsh*t"

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Someone needs to make a way to specifically skip clicking "i agree" on the EULA.

That way people can legitimately say "I never agreed to any of that bullsh*t"

The problem with that is that about 90% of the software out there, including open source projects, have the access of such application tied to the ELUA. This means that If you are accessing the full software in any way shape or form, you technically agree to the EULA. "Skipping the argeement", regardless of methodology or implementation, tells the people behind the software that "I am too lazy to read the document, but I 100% agree with all of it anyways". This is part of what makes the piracy issue so complex and tricky.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

The problem with that is that about 90% of the software out there, including open source projects, have the access of such application tied to the ELUA. This means that If you are accessing the full software in any way shape or form, you technically agree to the EULA. "Skipping the argeement", regardless of methodology or implementation, tells the people behind the software that "I am too lazy to read the document, but I 100% agree with all of it anyways". This is part of what makes the piracy issue so complex and tricky.

Okay, new solution. EULA's can only say "you cannot copy and redistribute this software".

Either way, it needs to change. I own the software, it physically exists on something I physically own, if I paid for it, it belongs to me. The same way it's perfectly legal for me to cut a VHS tape I own into teeny tiny pieces, as long as I don't copy and redistribute it.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Okay, new solution. EULA's can only say "you cannot copy and redistribute this software".

Either way, it needs to change. I own the software, it physically exists on something I physically own, if I paid for it, it belongs to me. The same way it's perfectly legal for me to cut a VHS tape I own into teeny tiny pieces, as long as I don't copy and redistribute it.

Ehhh... that does not exactly work all that well either. There are so many technical loopholes with such a simplistic statement that it is almost completely useless. There are reasons why a general contract contains so much legal-speak, and not all of it is bad.

With that said, I understand and agree with your sentiment.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.