2000$ to Build System

DevArmaya

Ok, I am building a new system in a few days and would like a little input on the parts I plan on purchasing.  I am definitly going AMD (Personal preferrence) and I have already purchased dual XFX DD 7950's, the rest of the system as long as you have good advice I am willing to flex on.  On a side note I have never personally owned anything other then RAM from Corsair and I am giving them a shot with a lot of the parts and I am a visual person so if the part clashes.....

Well here is the part list:

Case: Corsair 600TM or Corsair C70.  I've always liked the minimalist look and these 2 have caught my eye, also can a H100I be front mounted with a push/pull setup in either of these cases with the HD Cages removed?

Case Cooling: Corsair Air Series SP120 High Static Pressure * 4, going for internal positive pressure to constantly keep dust (Hopefully) out.

PSU: Corsair Prof Series HX750 80+ Gold.  From reviews and word of mouth, this PSU seems to be the current best "Bang for the Buck" and the fact of it being semi modular makes for a clean case

Mobo: ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2 or Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3.  I have ALWAYS used ASUS Motherboards but a few friends have used and recommend Gigabyte and this one has caught my eye but I am still undecided

CPU:  AMD FX-8350.  This part is firm.

Heatsink: Corsair H100I.  Going to replace stock fans with 4 of the same fans I will be using for the case.  Any other options I am willing to listen too.

RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 8GB 1600 C8.  Only chose this due to it lighting up LOL, any input welcome.

SSD: Corsair Neutron 128GB.  Mainly for OS and some games

HDD: WD Black 1TB.  Just your standard HD for other stuff

DVD: Samsung SH-224DB.  Meh, its a DVD drive.

Well that is the internal part list so far and now for the rest of the gear.

Keyboard: Logitech G510S.  Mainly for GKeys and the color scheme

Mouse: Logitech G400S.  Never needed more then 8 Mouse buttons and once again the color scheme

Display: BenQ XL240T 120HZ.  A lot of great reviews and word of mouth, plan on changing the red cut out and headphone hook to blue.

Headset: Logitech G430.  Mainly due to its color scheme and removable USB SC.

And yes I am a Logitech fan LOL

Look forward to reading everyones input, I have about a week to go before I order the parts, also any input on cool modifcations (LED Strip, Cold Cathodes, Etc) is always welcome.

I have no old parts I plan on using due to selling the current system,  just wanted a new comp is way I am building this one.

Did that level of stupidity come naturally?  or did it take practice?

Me: "DUCK!", Brother: "Where?", *CRACK*, Me: "Dumbass" as dialing 911

SO MUCH QUESTİONSSS D: i will anser em in a sec

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

1)go for 600T 

2) go for the asus mobo

3)you should get the LOGİTECH G710+ it is AMAZİNG

well turned out there wasnt much questions :D

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

Seems like a good build. I do not know much about corsair ssds. Both cases are awesome. The psu is awesome I have the older version of the hx 650.

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

SSD samsung 840 pro

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

Ok Bantam ( ;-) )

1. What is the reasoning to go for the 600TM over the C70?

2. I prefer ASUS as well but a little more input would be nice

3.  I honestly cant STAND the orange/black color scheme, sorry :-(

Since you have a 600T and H100I, would a push/pull setup work for a front mount in that case?

Sabot, glad you like the build so far, once I get the parts I plan on making a post with the finished project so everyone can see it.

Luc401: Why that drive?  Lil more info would be nice ;-)  Honestly just pulled up the drive and the lil orange square killed it for me.

Ok Bantam ( ;-) )

1. What is the reasoning to go for the 600TM over the C70?

2. I prefer ASUS as well but a little more input would be nice

3.  I honestly cant STAND the orange/black color scheme, sorry :-(

Since you have a 600T and H100I, would a push/pull setup work for a front mount in that case?

Sabot, glad you like the build so far, once I get the parts I plan on making a post with the finished project so everyone can see it.

Luc401: Why that drive?  Lil more info would be nice ;-)  Honestly just pulled up the drive and the lil orange square killed it for me.

600T uses a front 200mm fan so no 240mm radiator support at all. However i does support a 240 mm rad with push pull enabled at the top. It has a back 120mm exhaust and can support 4 x 120mm fan on the left side of the case. Since you are going AMD get the ASUS CROSSHAIR FORMULA Z motherboard. Its red and black theme. Also get some corsair sp120 fans for a h100i and use the red rings to match the theme of red and black. forget the platinum. Get the new vengeance pro red 8gb module from corsair. hope that helps.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Still holding out hope for the Crossfire driver fix, I take it? There is no reason to spend 2000 dollars and not get at least a 256GB SSD, especially when you're skimping so very much on the CPU. Corsair makes good SSDs, but looking into the 840/840 Pro since they are priced well. NZXT Hue is the best lighting system I've ever used.

Thanks for the info Assassin, I can make a simple brace to fix that issue though.  A custom brace may assist with holding a H100I with Push/Pull in the front, just wondering if anyone would be willing to check is there is enough clearance?  As to your motherboard thoughts I am not to keen on the Red/Black.  Its too over done, every other system seems to have that.  Also the Vengence Pro are those not for people that want to use custom heatsinks in the future?  I will most likely only OC this system slightly, I would rather have longevity and stabilty then speed and possible system issues.

Helltech, I understand you feel that AMD is "Skimping" when it comes to CPU but I completely disagree and that SSD looks like an amazing drive but being visually driven and the Neutron fitting the bill perfectly (Might move up to a 256GB version), just cant handle Orange in any system I own.  As to the crossfire issues, I am still on the fence about putting both of the 7950's into one system.  My son is pestering me for one of them as I type this LOL and I will definitly check out the lighting system you are referring too.

I may go with the Gigabyte board and go with a Black/White theme but thanks for all the info so far :-)

Just checked out the Hue and it is nice but not what I am looking for, the Front bezel would irritate me too much due to it lighting up plus I am looking more for solid color then the ability to change color.

The corsair ssds are not worth the money. Get a Samsung 840 (non pro) instead.

No need for a caviar black when you already have an ssd. Get a caviar blue or seagate barracuda instead.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Suggestions....

I would sugest looking into the Seagate SSHD (solid state hybrid drive) as you can get them in 3.5 or 2.5 format and 1 tb capacity or 750 gig.  best of both worlds hard drive.

If you like earthy colours then look at the militry green C70, a Sabertooth m/board and look at the Cougar new fans which can come in orange, led versions can come in red, blue and green. and then some sharpe looking ram modules will look and perform amazing. 

I just got a new Couger Led fan through the mail and to me its the best out there, check out there website

http://www.cougar-world.com/products/fans.html

As for the rest of the specs it looks amazing.

i have a Asus M5A99FX pro R2.0 m/board and like it, however if i was to buy now i would get the sabertooth 990fx gen 3.0

have you also thought about custom painting a case, if you want to save cost, look at thermaltake, i ordered a Chaser A31 blue thunder edition and it should come this week, you can get a regular black one and paint it what ever colour, or look at the urban S31 if you like the flush panal front.

so many options out there, just research and watch videos before buying things.

hope this helps and keep us posted on your build..

got to love Asus components

You make a very good point Asusfan about the Military green with the Sabertooth Mobo.....  Might be another option, thanks.

Everyone keeps saying Samsung 840, I guess I could just paint the orange square black....

1)go for 600T 

2) go for the asus mobo

3)you should get the LOGİTECH G710+ it is AMAZİNG

well turned out there wasnt much questions :D

+1 for the G710+

I have it myself. The backlight has issues for me sometimes but it is gorgeous to look at.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.