Why do people hate COD?

IMadeYouReadThis
Go to solution Solved by Pugs501,

They take no Skill

Don't know how to explain it.

So you think Battlefield 4 is horrible, but can't explain your reasons for that belief? 

Why did people hate COD ghosts so much? I loved the campaign and I love COD games, why do people hate COD? Is it the community?

The biggest issue for me (and of course this is through the filter of my own personal taste) is the campaigns. The insistence that you always have to be looking in the right direction at the right time so you don't miss the next scripted explosion, that you can never be allowed to explore, and the incredibly cliché and vacuous narratives. It feels like the developers wanted instead to make a summer blockbuster action film instead of a video game. Basically, "Press F to Pay Respects" sums up the experience concisely.

As for multiplayer I don't like the technical design, the pacing, the perks, the visual style, or the light and wimpy hitscan gunplay. I can see how for many gamers (millions), some of my issues with it may actually be positives. But for me there are just too many better games out there competing for my time.

It's because they aren't doing great a lot to change the franchise. It starts to get a bit repetitive year after year with little innovation, since they really grabbed the masses when they first debuted their Multiplayer revisions I'm CoD 4, and they added on to it the first few years and just kept tweaking it.

However, the reason it's so successful despite all the hate is because it's nothing complicated. Regardless if they have played something subjectively better or not, most people don't have the time to sit down and dedicate multiple hours to anything more complex; they'd rather just sit down and play 3-4 rounds of Team Deathmatch when coming home from a hard day of work, school, practice, etc. This is why it's successful.

EDIT: I don't know why I added that second paragraph, but I feel it's still relevant, so whatever.

[witty signature]

CoD went downhill after CoD 4, CoD 4 had good SP and MP.

And on consoles, well, aim-assist takes away all the skill.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

I don't like CoD because after about Mw2 and Black Ops 1 it feels as if they were forcing the franchise to be something it wasn't suppose to be. Adding unnecessary perks and obscene high levels/prestiges. Then the DLC's weren't very exciting and it's clear they don't know what they are doing networking wise.

I still play CoD4 on PC from time to time and I've been wanting to get Black Ops 1 on PC, but even at 50% off it was way too much for a nearly ~5 year old game.

If Activision cut prices to about 50% on all their old CoD's(before Ghosts maybe) and then did decent sales(33%-50% off) then I'd buy a couple CoD's just to relive the campaigns and extra modes(zombies), but right now the games are severely overpriced for what you actually get.

As for newly released CoD's...there is just something about them that screams "I'm a PoS product that is severely overpriced and has a crap community so buy me and then the season pass and do it again next year", or something to that effect. Even though Activision says the devs now get 3 years to develop a new CoD they all turn out to be crap with issues all over the place, so there are QoS concerns that are always valid for every new release. Oh and it also doesn't help that the PC versions don't allow the community to host their own dedicated servers, CoD4 still has a great community with active admins banning cheaters and I think BO1 is the same as well and they are the only CoD's that still have a decent community.

It's because I feel like it doesn't require any skills. In cs go you have to know how each weapon behaves really well to use them correctly.

AMD FX 8350 | 2X XFX RADEON HD7850 | ASUS SABERTOOTH R2.0 | NZXT GUARDIAN 921RB | KINGSTON HYPER-X 2X8GB 

server tickrate is a joke

skill level is very low

the support on pc is a joke

no movement based skill

a new cod game comes out every year or 2 so the value and longevity goes down a lot faster

There is absolutely no skill involved. Anyone can play and do good. I can easily get a 3kd in any game

yeah i was semi pro lvl quake 3 player and unreal tournament player the first time i played modern cod game (had played cod 1 and 2 before) so i went and played mw2 first game i had over 5kd and got kicked and evryone yelled me as a cheater and instantly deleted and have not looked back since it takes absolutely no skill the game is really slow even though they try to advertise it as "fast" it's not even proper arcade shooter the devs dont know what the hell they are making thus being shit for ppl who have any kind competive background

Why did people hate COD ghosts so much? I loved the campaign and I love COD games, why do people hate COD? Is it the community?

Too easy, story is not developed enough, wafer thin characters, campaign is short and boring, the set pieces are too  scripted, 

the game is more spit and polish than actual substance, the game is well designed but with absolutely no scope or conviction, if they actually slowed down, and let you get to know the characters, and spend time exploring loctions instead of firing you on a rocket through a holywood movie, it might be a good game

Multiplayer is a bullet hose spray fest with no skill, annoying perks and people calling you a faggot

The game is not bad, its just 1/10th of its potential and every year they go "a new cod game, we have changed things" and all they have done is implement double jump and fish AI

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

After MW2 when they moved the series console first priority, it just has been made for money. Not for anything else. Along with stuff said already:

- Really short, run in pipe style story mode

- No graphical improvements (major) since MW2. Why not, consoled sure don't need those

- The pricing....

- Map design doesn't allow much tactical style of play

- Ridiculous kill streak rewards

- Gun sounds. I've always liked to play serious combat game with popguns

- and much more...

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I don't hate COD.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I might suggest one or two people hate COD just because it makes them "cool n edgy", pretty much like the "i'm not like other girls"/"go away conformist normie" thing.

Saw a good few when i played TF2 years ago and looked through a few forums and such.

l65hn.jpgpretty much

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD

Just give me World At War 2 FFS!!

I5 3570K, MSI Z77A G45, 8GB 2133MHz Gskill Ripjaws, MSI TwinFrozr GTX 780, Samsung 840 Evo SSD, WD Green 1TB HDD, OCZ 750 Watt PSU, Zalman Z11+ 

I really disagree that CoD games take no skill. I have never understood that argument. Any game can be classified as requiring no skill. How much skill is required to play GTA V? None. Mortal Kombat X? None. Titanfall? None. Any game ever created? None.

To be GOOD at the game requires skill. I have always felt that people who say CoD takes no skill are the people who don't do well. I was hardcore into CoD for years until Titanfall beta released shortly after the release of CoD Ghost. Haven't look at CoD since, but saying it takes no skill is just ridiculous. 

Since Titanfall, I do not care for CoD because CoD has gone too far with silly/stupid customization and has way too many weapons that people never use because they're just not as good as others. 

Desktop: 12900k // 128GB DDR5 // 2x 3070

Laptop: Razer Blade 15 Advanced (2022) // i9 12-900H // 64GB DDR5 // 3080 Ti

because mw2 was the last real call of duty. black ops 1 was OK, too. Everything what comes after that is just pure garbage.

EDIT: people saying cod "takes no skill" are mainly those utterly raging bastards who got 360° no-scoped all day long - those ppl tried battlefield after that - they got teabagged...

med_gallery_55326_1514_72848.jpg

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

low skill =/= no skill

The problem with cod is that the mechanics are very basic and it doesn't do anything better than other competitive fps games