noob overclocking-

Hi Guys-

i have 3770 k Intel and now i like just to overclock it obnly buy using multipliers now they are set as :

core 1: 39

core 2: 39

core 3: 38

core 4: 37

it is 3m5 Ghz

what is the safe multiplier for alittle bit ovcerclocking? is it means that uses more voltage also?? because my powersuply is not really good- i have gtx680 also-

please tell me what do you guys think

1) Please give us your full specs

2) How are you having different cores on different multipliers? That sounds like good temperatures more than anything.

Sig under construction.

:)

I appreciate your enthusiasm!

Sig under construction.

1) Please give us your full specs

2) How are you having different cores on different multipliers? That sounds like good temperatures more than anything.

You do not have to sync all cores when adjusting the multiplier, on older hardware this wasn't the standard :P You could clock Core 0 at 4.0 Ghz and the rest at 1.0 Ghz if you felt like it.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

You do not have to sync all cores when adjusting the multiplier, on older hardware this wasn't the standard :P You could clock Core 0 at 4.0 Ghz and the rest at 1.0 Ghz if you felt like it.

Nice. I'd never heard of this before.

Sig under construction.

Nice. I'd never heard of this before.

I noticed in the latest Samsung phone ( I think it is) they have either 4 or 8 cores and half the cores are clocked fast, for high performance, and the other half are clocked slow, for battery life. I assume one set turns off or something along the lines when it's in one setting or another.

What relevance this has to do with desktops however, well most games only use like 1-2 cores so if you wanted to make the first few higher clocked the last 2 lower you may see some very slightly lower temps, either way i'd just snyc them though 

I noticed in the latest Samsung phone ( I think it is) they have either 4 or 8 cores and half the cores are clocked fast, for high performance, and the other half are clocked slow, for battery life. I assume one set turns off or something along the lines when it's in one setting or another.

What relevance this has to do with desktops however, well most games only use like 1-2 cores so if you wanted to make the first few higher clocked the last 2 lower you may see some very slightly lower temps, either way i'd just snyc them though 

As far as I know that's 2 separate processors connected together.

Yeah. It's nice to have boosting cores these days.

Sig under construction.

The temps are because of power consumption, which comes not from frequency but from voltage, which is one for all the cores, so that means that if you clock it at 4-1-1-1 at 1.2v or 4-4-4-4 at 1.2v the temps are going to be the same... At least this is what i have experienced...

rig: i7 4770k @4.1Ghz (delidded), Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz, ROG Maximus VI Hero, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA GTX980SC, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, Corsair SF600, self-built wooden Case, CoolerMaster QuickFire TK, Logitech G502, Blue Yeti, BenQ GW2760HS

The temps are because of power consumption, which comes not from frequency but from voltage, which is one for all the cores, so that means that if you clock it at 4-1-1-1 at 1.2v or 4-4-4-4 at 1.2v the temps are going to be the same... At least this is what i have experienced...

Yeah I get what you mean, but (i have no idea if this is how it works) if the lower clocked cores also didn't take as much voltage, due to adaptive voltages then you should see a lesser temp. But if each core can have a different volt I wouldn't know.

Yeah I get what you mean, but (i have no idea if this is how it works) if the lower clocked cores also didn't take as much voltage, due to adaptive voltages then you should see a lesser temp. But if each core can have a different volt I wouldn't know.

Yeap, that's why... I think all the cores have the same voltage at the same moment...

rig: i7 4770k @4.1Ghz (delidded), Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz, ROG Maximus VI Hero, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA GTX980SC, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, Corsair SF600, self-built wooden Case, CoolerMaster QuickFire TK, Logitech G502, Blue Yeti, BenQ GW2760HS

I have a 3770k and I set my voltage at 1.25v and then overclocked the multiplier the highest I could while remaining stable and good temps. Which was 4.4 ghz for me. I turned down the voltage to 1.2v and I was still stable and the temps were lower.

Temperature is the biggest issue with the 3770k. I used one of Asus overclocks which was 4.6 ghz at 1.35v (that is the max volts I would go) it was stable but during stress tests it would shoot up to 100c instantly. I tried lowering the voltage but it wasn't stable. 

Every CPU is different. I have seen some people have stable and good temps up to 5 ghz. It all depends on our CPU (silicon lottery) and your cooling.

CPU: 3770K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU: GTX 1080Ti SLI | Ram: 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | Storage: 2x Samsung 840 pros | Case: Corsair 650D | Cooler:  Corsair H100i with Noctus NF-F12 fans | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q