Whats the difference between H1Z1 and Day Z?

DavePwns

Has anyone played both of these? I'd like play one or the other, just not too sure which is better

Well there is H1Z1, DayZ mod (many different variants), and Dayz Standalone. I'll assume your referring to the DayZ standalone. The two games are very similar: zombie apocalypse, scavenging supplies, and a lot of KOS. DayZ has a lot more varying items in it and is continually expanding, but the devs are known for being sloooooooooow. DayZ does have great graphics though and looks quite amazing. Although I think without proper base building DayZ gets old really fast as it turns into a super slow paced shooter game (in my opinion). H1Z1 though is also a good game and it included vehicles quickly (DayZ is still working on that), and seems to be more simple but more complete in its simpler way. I don't know which I would say is better as I don't play either very much any more (maybe H1Z1 at the moment?). (I got tired of playing apocalypse games) This is a link to the Dayz Changelog which shows all updates and updates currently being worked on. http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Changelog?cookieSetup=trueNot sure if H1Z1 has something like it though.

Both games are similar in ideas, dayz is more realistic and better looking graphics wise IMO. H1z1 is quicker to do most things like finding vehicles building bases and gaining weapons (although ammunition is difficult to come by) h1z1 reminds me a lot of rust for some reason.

Both have players who are looking to kill you for your one can of beans or bandage even though they have everything.

Try dayz mod first to see if you enjoy it as it is a bit cheaper but be prepared for bugs such as; 'Death by Stair', 'Death by wall', 'Death by slightly different colour rock', and my favourite 'Death by parked car'

All 3 are fun though.

I5 3570K, MSI Z77A G45, 8GB 2133MHz Gskill Ripjaws, MSI TwinFrozr GTX 780, Samsung 840 Evo SSD, WD Green 1TB HDD, OCZ 750 Watt PSU, Zalman Z11+ 

H1Z1 is not a running simulator lol.

H1Z1 is just a lot better version of DayZ, hence the popularity.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Well H1Z1 is going to be Free-to-play(Pay-to-win) and DayZ will just have to be bought once and will be moddable(For now its not stable due since its alpha).

Specs: [CPU: Intel i5-4570(Clock to 3.6Ghz)] [GPU: Dual-X R9 270x 2GB] [RAM: x1 HyperX Blu 8GB 1600] [OS: Win8.1]

H1Z1 is shit, and DayZ is not.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

both are crap though and a cashgrab so i wouldnt get either. maybe wait for h1z1 to go free and then try it

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

H1Z1 is more polished, dayz is a mess.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

Well H1Z1 is going to be Free-to-play(Pay-to-win) and DayZ will just have to be bought once and will be moddable(For now its not stable due since its alpha).

H1Z1 is not going to be pay to win, do some research please.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

They're both not very good but DayZ is literally a mess of a game, with little to no development progress. H1Z1 also has battle royale so I would go with that. Also it runs better.

They're both not very good but DayZ is literally a mess of a game, with little to no development progress. H1Z1 also has battle royale so I would go with that. Also it runs better.

they do status reports every week, than they add the new stuff to experimental branch, the game gets an update every month

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

They are going to optimized DayZ further. Have you heard? The devs of DayZ are going to drop DX9 and DX10 and support DX11 and DX12.

Specs: [CPU: Intel i5-4570(Clock to 3.6Ghz)] [GPU: Dual-X R9 270x 2GB] [RAM: x1 HyperX Blu 8GB 1600] [OS: Win8.1]

They are going to optimized DayZ further. Have you heard? The devs of DayZ are going to drop DX9 and DX10 and support DX11 and DX12.

Wow, like I haven't heard that story before.

Dirctx 11 and 12 won't save the game, they need to bring in that "new engine they've been working on" in.

Dayz has failed, hold on to it by all means but this game will never be complete. Sorry I ever bought it.

H1Z1 is nearly a finished product and fairly decent. DayZ is a mess and doesn't seem to have an end in sight.

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

If you're going to get DayZ, get the mod, Standalone isn't worth it. The mod is a lot more enjoyable especially when compared to its standalone game. Though H1Z1 is more fast paced if you're into that. 

Computer Specs: CPU: i7 3770k, GPU: EVGA GTX 770, PSU: Corsair HX 850W, Case: Fractal Design R4, Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD65, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 240 Pin DDR3, Corsair H100i Liquid CPU CoolerKingston HyperX 240GB SSD (OS), WD 1TB HDD Black Edition

Wow, like I haven't heard that story before.

Dirctx 11 and 12 won't save the game, they need to bring in that "new engine they've been working on" in.

Dayz has failed, hold on to it by all means but this game will never be complete. Sorry I ever bought it.

Right now the engine is a big mess. Because they are adding things before they make any permanent changes to the engine. Then don't want to refine something that only later on they have to removed or rebuild due to the changes they will be making sooner on. Also DayZ is a slow development since they didn't copy ArmA 3. They used the ArmA 2 engine and built from their and is still catching up with ArmA 3. I have high hopes for DayZ. H1Z1 I don't really. Since people who pay will get an advantage over the normal players. Also their gonna make the game easy and simple to cater with the majority of people.

Right now the engine is a big mess. Because they are adding things before they make any permanent changes to the engine. Then don't want to refine something that only later on they have to removed or rebuild due to the changes they will be making sooner on. Also DayZ is a slow development since they didn't copy ArmA 3. They used the ArmA 2 engine and built from their and is still catching up with ArmA 3. I have high hopes for DayZ. H1Z1 I don't really. Since people who pay will get an advantage over the normal players. Also their gonna make the game easy and simple to cater with the majority of people.

If you think h1z1 is pay to win then I suggest you do some research on how the game mechanics work.

Like I said, hold on to dayz and keep your hopes up but It seems pretty clear that the game is going to fail or already has.

H1z1 is further ahead than dayz already, how is that even possible? Maybe the devs are passionate about the game they are making as opposed to the dayz devs who evey now and then roll out a huge update that has taken ages to create which lets you do amazing things like...grow a tomato etc etc.

I own both games so I know I can safely comment on both games with experience behind me.

H1z1 supposedly "pay to win" feature is far from it, you pay for an air crate key, you use said key, a plane will fly over very very slowly and loudly so everyone in the game server can hear it and see it.

The plane will then drop a crate in something like a 500-700 meter radius to where you called it in (that's a huge radius for a small crate) so the crate doesn't just land at your feet.

You then have to fight off all the zombies that come with that crate, all the player that are fighting for the crate and then it takes about 20 seconds to get the crate open.

You also have a low percentage of getting a strong weapon, bearing in mind you can find all these weapons in game. 

This is actually l quite fun and creates some intense battles.

Although I don't play any of the two games anymore as frankly I thought I would like those type of games but they grew tiresome after a while.

Hey maybe you're right though, they may fix dayz (that's the problem the game doesn't need developing it needs "fixing") and we will have the best zombie survival game.

Edit, I want you to understand though I aint no fan boy or anything and will play the best game i can find in the genre that I want to play.

At the moment H1Z1 certainly is the best out of the two, but I wouldn't just blindly stick up for the game or anything but dayz is a mess and the devs should have concentrated on fixing it before adding new features.

If you think h1z1 is pay to win then I suggest you do some research on how the game mechanics work.

Like I said, hold on to dayz and keep your hopes up but It seems pretty clear that the game is going to fail or already has.

H1z1 is further ahead than dayz already, how is that even possible? Maybe the devs are passionate about the game they are making as opposed to the dayz devs who evey now and then roll out a huge update that has taken ages to create which lets you do amazing things like...grow a tomato etc etc.

I own both games so I know I can safely comment on both games with experience behind me.

H1z1 supposedly "pay to win" feature is far from it, you pay for an air crate key, you use said key, a plane will fly over very very slowly and loudly so everyone in the game server can hear it and see it.

The plane will then drop a crate in something like a 500-700 meter radius to where you called it in (that's a huge radius for a small crate) so the crate doesn't just land at your feet.

You then have to fight off all the zombies that come with that crate, all the player that are fighting for the crate and then it takes about 20 seconds to get the crate open.

You also have a low percentage of getting a strong weapon, bearing in mind you can find all these weapons in game. 

This is actually l quite fun and creates some intense battles.

Although I don't play any of the two games anymore as frankly I thought I would like those type of games but they grew tiresome after a while.

Hey maybe you're right though, they may fix dayz (that's the problem the game doesn't need developing it needs "fixing") and we will have the best zombie survival game.

Edit, I want you to understand though I aint no fan boy or anything and will play the best game i can find in the genre that I want to play.

At the moment H1Z1 certainly is the best out of the two, but I wouldn't just blindly stick up for the game or anything but dayz is a mess and the devs should have concentrated on fixing it before adding new features.

I the reason why I'm not into H1Z1 is its just that Free To Play games and they don't end well. Also the reason why H1Z1 is ahead of DayZ is because the engine was already and refined by Plantside 2.

Also they can't just refine everything before adding new features because they are probably gonna make a big change and probably rebuilt and remove things and all that hard work refining those features that isn't their final will just be wasted time and effort.