Func MS-3 Gaming Mouse Video Review

Overview

During the last 2 weeks I’ve stepped out of my comfort zone with the Logitech G700, and switched to the Func MS-3. The mouse features a fully ergonomic design, and after using it for a while, I can easily say it’s been the most comfortable mouse I’ve ever used.

Specs

At an MSRP of $79.99, the MS-3 packs some pretty nice specs:

• CPU: WT6573
  • Switches: Omron
  • Sensor: Avago ADNS 9500
  • Memory: 512 kB
  • DPI: 90-5670
  • FPS: 12 000
  • Tracking speed: 5.1 m/sec (150 ips)
  • Max Acceleration: 30 g
  • Image processing: 10.6 megapixels/sec
  • Report rate: Adjustable, up to 1000Hz
  • Lift-off distance: Adjustable
  • Upgradable firmware: Yes
  • Cable: 2 meter braided with gold plated USB connector

post-170-0-41104600-1373770065.jpg

Software

As for the software, it’s really easy to use for configuring the 3 profiles available. Everything is strait forward, and it’s designed really well. I love that you can set the RGB LED colors individually, and I was impressed that you could also adjust the saturation and brightness. One thing I wish it had was a setting to set both LEDs to the same settings so that the colors match perfectly. I also really enjoyed using the macro editor. It supports a long string of input, and it’s really easy to get set up to your liking. The buttons are also really easy to configure with this software. Func mentions that you can update the firmware on this mouse, however, I haven’t been able to figure out how to do that with the software.

Since the mouse has 512 kB of onboard memory, you can use this mouse with another computer without the software, and your profiles will stay the same. This is a bonus for LAN parties where you might want to take a gaming laptop with you instead of your desktop pc.

Performance

After my two weeks testing this mouse for my review, I've been pretty pleased with it’s performance. The games I played to test this mouse included Counter-Strike, Far Cry 3, and Strange Attractors 2. I found the sensor was accurate, and I could play games as I was used to with my Logitech G700. As I mentioned at the beginning of this review, the rubberized coating does get sweaty really fast if you’re gaming intensively (especially in this warm weather). I found you can clean it off easily with some water, but I did this at least once every few days; I can’t imagine how dirty it would get if left neglected.

I really enjoyed the buttons on this mouse. Not once did I accidentally press a button. This was the first mouse I’ve used with a button on the lower thumb rest, and I found it useful because it wasn't in the way, and I could easily play/pause my music with it. I found the instant aim button was a little out of reach, so I didn't use it much. I’d guess that it’d be more useful for someone with longer thumbs. The only minor issue I had with the Omron switches, is that they’re a little stiff. It was a little tough to double click as fast as I’ve been used to on my Logitech G700.

Conclusion

If you're used to palm grip mice, I can definitely recommend the MS-3. It’s exceptionally comfortable if you’ve got the time to clean it often, and I think the software is fantastic.

Review from my personal blog: http://thetechzonelive.com/2013/05/08/func-ms-3/

post-170-0-41104600-1373770065.jpg

Excellent!

If 1000Hz is giving you problems, try it in a USB 3.0 port.

@tanilolli great review, I didn't watch the video, just reading on my phone. How did you feel about the weight of the mouse? It seems light (for the size). I have been considering this since its release, but had very recently bought the Mionix Naos. I was hoping for a great palm experience, but my pinky hangs over the edge, and I don't even have really large hands. The Naos has 40g of adjustable weight, and I like it quite heavy. I've adjusted it to the same weight as the ms-3, and I'll see if I get used to it. Thoughts?

Also, can you change between the profiles, other than using a mouse button? I was surprised by this on the Naos, as it seems to me to waste two buttons if you want switchable profiles.

Cheers,

Great review! I actually enjoyed watching that :D Subbed for sure!

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |

@tanilolli great review, I didn't watch the video, just reading on my phone. How did you feel about the weight of the mouse? It seems light (for the size). I have been considering this since its release, but had very recently bought the Mionix Naos. I was hoping for a great palm experience, but my pinky hangs over the edge, and I don't even have really large hands. The Naos has 40g of adjustable weight, and I like it quite heavy. I've adjusted it to the same weight as the ms-3, and I'll see if I get used to it. Thoughts?

Also, can you change between the profiles, other than using a mouse button? I was surprised by this on the Naos, as it seems to me to waste two buttons if you want switchable profiles.

Cheers,

I thought it was a little too light. It seems to lift off the mouse surface with very minimal effort, which is not always a good thing. 

nice review :)

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

• 3 weeks later...