Amazon sent me a extra 980 by accident?

AStateOfTrance

Send it to me so i can get a second 980 to power my 10 year old monitor (not joke, planetside is unreliable, goes anywhere as low as 40fps) 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

I would return it, but I am more ethical than most of you.  The only way I would keep it is if after alerting them of the error, they said I could keep it.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

BTW it's PCPartPicker is colorblind, not blind (check your sig) :P

And I'd rather a 7770 xD

it is colorblind...

and so would I 

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

They'll probably ask for it back. I ordered a desk some time ago from Amazon, they ended up sending about 4, asked for them all back.

They'll probably ask for it back. I ordered a desk some time ago from Amazon, they ended up sending about 4, asked for them all back.

legally, i dont have to send it back.

Then don't. Legally I didn't have to send my desks back, but what was I going to do with them.

Somehow, I can't imagine a multi-billion $ company like Amazon missing it. Very jealous right about now!

i5 4690K | Asus Ranger VII | 8GB HyperX Fury | Asus GTX 780 | NZXT H440 | Samsung 850 Evo | Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM 750W | Corsair H105 

E3-1246 v3 | Asus Gryphon Z97 | 8GB HyperX Fury | MSI GTX 970 | Enthoo Evolv mATX | Samsung 840 Evo | WD Red | EVGA SuperNova GS 650W | NZXT Kracken x41 

Keep it, worst case they close your account or something.

It's not like you can't just make another

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

I hope you don't ever have kids.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Had the same thing happen to me with Amazon. Unfortunately, it was an extra tube of MX-4 and not a damn gtx980.

You lucky dog.  

Once a product is in the hands of a customer (not really a 'customer' in the case but I digress), it's a used product. They'll never be able to sell it as a new product (legally anyway). It'll be part of their annual tax write off. Sending it back is doing them no real favors. So everyone just relax. 

That escalated quickly xD

an ounce of prevention

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I hope you lose your ability to breathe.

Time to get a motherboard that supports tri SLI OP.

Already have one lol. Gonna put it in tonight when I get home

Is that a morale statement? or a joke cause if it is I missed it.

But yeah, no laws being broken when keeping stuff companies send when didn't pay for it. (So you know, they don't send you extra stuff and charge you for it unwillingly)

Current Desktop Build | 2200G | RX 580 4GB | 8GB RAM | CTRL | Logitech G Pro Wireless

Laptop | 2018 MBA 256/16GB | MX Master 

Is that a morale statement? or a joke cause if it is I missed it.

But yeah, no laws being broken when keeping stuff companies send when didn't pay for it. (So you know, they don't send you extra stuff and charge you for it unwillingly)

Those consumer protection laws don't apply with shipping mistakes.  I doubt they intentionally sent him an extra card.  Nothing will likely happen, but that isn't the point.  If he wants to keep the card and rub his chub over putting one over on amazon, who's to stop him.

Yeah. Because the last thing this world needs are kids who are taught to take advantage of opportunity, amirite?

Yeah. Because the last thing this world needs are kids who are taught to take advantage of opportunity, amirite?

We really don't need more dishonest people. 

We really don't need more dishonest people. 

And you're so honest why? Because you say so? 

People love to talk about what they would do if it were them. But it's all just talk. Your word means nothing. 

And you're so honest why? Because you say so? 

People love to talk about what they would do if it were them. But it's all just talk. Your word means nothing. 

My integrity is worth more than a couple hundred dollars.  It's not like opening up an amazon chat support is unreasonable.

My integrity is worth more than a couple hundred dollars.  It's not like opening up an amazon chat support is unreasonable.

That's what you say. People say things. It's meaningless. 

Besides, Amazon screwed up. And, like he said, he's not legally obligated to fix their mistake. 

It would only become dishonest if he were legally obligated and didn't send it back, or if they were to ask if he'd received  an extra product and he denied it. 

You still need to proove where this dishonesty has taken place. 

That's what you say. People say things. It's meaningless. 

Besides, Amazon screwed up. And, like he said, he's not legally obligated to fix their mistake. 

It would only become dishonest if he were legally obligated and didn't send it back, or if they were to ask if he'd received  an extra product and he denied it. 

You still need to proove where this dishonesty has taken place. 

K kid.