Someone Stole Linus' Video

A YouTube user by name of "China Wang" has copied Linus' video on the Vizio notebook and put his own watermark on it. What you guys think?

Link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds4wDpyUeH8&feature=c4-overview&playnext=1&list=TLVEt39JSA9M4

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

that guy looks like linus o.O wow linus this is your brother?

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

Seen loads of these copied cant the chinese watch the original if its english anyway...

Shame on that guy, flagged

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

It's the chinese copy.

so asian brother linus?? 

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

ChinaTechTips

ChinaStealTips*

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

For this we must fire slick.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

p48JsFo.jpg

>TFW WANG

Install Gentoo GNU/Linux | "You have been placed on moderator queue. This means that all content you submit will need to be approved by a moderator before it will be shown." | top LEL

Build specs: Corsair 540, i7 2600K @ 4.2Ghz, Asrock z77 extreme4, 16gb DDR3 @1866, 2 x 1TB, GTX 560 ti
Monitors: Asus VG236H, Dell U2713HM Headphones: Koss PortaPro, DT 770 80ohm, AT-AD700 | Steam profile

I can't believe videos likes these still exist. Plus it's not like this character will gain anything but hate by doing this

It's worth noting that, given China's firewall restrictions, he may have done this so the people in his country could see the video. it wouldn't be the first time that China has only allowed content produced inside of their country to be alloiwed on their versions of sites, so this may have been someone who used a proxy or other outside access to obtain the video and then reuploaded it from a chinese based account. I have no evidence to support this, it's just a theory, but it's possible. 

Chinese people must be copies of other Chinese people. other wise they wouldn't be so good at copying and might actually produce something unique and intelligent.

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Also, every time you guys click the link or play the video you're giving him another view, which in turn gives him more exposure and revenue. So there's that. 

It's worth noting that, given China's firewall restrictions, he may have done this so the people in his country could see the video. it wouldn't be the first time that China has only allowed content produced inside of their country to be alloiwed on their versions of sites, so this may have been someone who used a proxy or other outside access to obtain the video and then reuploaded it from a chinese based account. I have no evidence to support this, it's just a theory, but it's possible. 

you might have a point there. even if this guy copied Linus's video,do you think the others watching it would really believe that Linus is China Wang? Linus doesn't even look like a chinese guy.

well the right thing to do is just flag the video and wait for actions to be taken.

They talked about this on the livestream once. I also think Linus tweeted about it earlier. Some people (not just in China) can't actually view the original LTT videos, so it's helpful to get some sort of exposure in these areas through reposted videos or other video sharing sites like Vimeo, etc.

Though I have to say, adding your own custom watermark is kind of lame.

Build Logs

Project "Oh No" | Ice Pack | Secondhand | MicroP