How do i access my router's setting to change channel?

acercon

Would be helpful, if you tell us what router you are using.

Usually its 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.178.1 to enter the configuration page.

~ ThxAndBye

"You should remove any cats from the vicinity, because cats will cause all kinds of problems doing CPU installation." -Linus

delid i7-3770k @ 4.2Ghz @ 1.265V | EVGA z77 FTW | GTX 680 2way-SLI | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 1866MHz | 240GB SSD RAID 0 | Full Custom Water Loop with two 360mm radiators  -> live temps <-

Would be helpful, if you tell us what router you are using.

Usually its 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.178.1 to enter the configuration page

LINKSYS EA2700 (http://www.linksys.com/ca/p/P-EA2700/)

can i access my router setting from any computer or does it have to be connect via ethernet 

Just type the ip in the adress bar, should work on any computer connected to the same network as the router.

Detaild instructions how to change your wi-fi channel can be found on the support site from Linksys:

-> http://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=136797

~ ThxAndBye

"You should remove any cats from the vicinity, because cats will cause all kinds of problems doing CPU installation." -Linus

delid i7-3770k @ 4.2Ghz @ 1.265V | EVGA z77 FTW | GTX 680 2way-SLI | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 1866MHz | 240GB SSD RAID 0 | Full Custom Water Loop with two 360mm radiators  -> live temps <-

LINKSYS EA2700 (http://www.linksys.com/ca/p/P-EA2700/)

can i access my router setting from any computer or does it have to be connect via ethernet 

No, it just has to be in the same network (so connected via WiFi or ethernet to the router)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

If you're on a windows OS, hold the windows key on your keyboard and hit R.

This will bring up the "Run" program. In the text field type "CMD" and hit enter, this will bring up command prompt.

In command prompt type: ipconfig

This will display your current IP configuration. Scroll down until you find "Default gateway", (Should be something like 192.168.1.1, or 10.0.0.1) that will be the IP address you enter into the address bar of a browser.

the username and password is usually admin/admin or admin/password for most routers.

i want to change the channel from 3 to something else because it is really slow but i dont know how to change it 

1. Open cmd.exe (or the equivalent in your Operating System)
  2. Use ipconfig (or the equivalent in your well you know what)
  3. Search for "Standard Gateway" and copy the number after it or write it down.
  4. Go to your preferred web browser, and paste the gateway in it where you would normally put a website link.
  5. Search in the settings for channel, and put them on auto or on whatever number you prefer.

EDIT: ninja'd by @DelusionalSyko

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

1. Open cmd.exe (or the equivalent in your Operating System)
  2. Use ipconfig (or the equivalent in your well you know what)
  3. Search for "Standard Gateway" and copy the number after it or write it down.
  4. Go to your preferred web browser, and paste the gateway in it where you would normally put a website link.
  5. Search in the settings for channel, and put them on auto or on whatever number you prefer.

EDIT: ninja'd by @DelusionalSyko

If you're on a windows OS, hold the windows key on your keyboard and hit R.

This will bring up the "Run" program. In the text field type "CMD" and hit enter, this will bring up command prompt.

In command prompt type: ipconfig

This will display your current IP configuration. Scroll down until you find "Default gateway", (Should be something like 192.168.1.1, or 10.0.0.1) that will be the IP address you enter into the address bar of a browser.

the username and password is usually admin/admin or admin/password for most routers.

on my wi fi analyzer on my phone it said to swtich from channel 3 to 1, 6 or 14 , are all of them the same? or is there better channel or is there channels i can't use

I am on the web page and it says i have a 5ghz channel, can i access this channel? i have the PCE-N15 wireless N adapter 

on my wi fi analyzer on my phone it said to swtich from channel 3 to 1, 6 or 14 , are all of them the same? or is there better channel or is there channels i can't use

Different channels come into play if you are in an area with other radio's broadcasting near your router. You don't want to be on the same broadcast channel as another access point, so if you're in something like an apartment building or in an area that's close to other people with routers, changing the channel will help with latency and dropping signal issues.

I would honestly recommend picking a channel that isn't any where near the channel of other routers in the area (Wifi analyzer comes in handy for determining the channel of other broadcasts) In my experience, picking a higher number has usually benefited me, but most routers are on "auto" which will pick a random channel.

Play with the channel settings and see if it solves your issues. 

They aren't, but in your case, they kinda are. Let me explain.

Imagine channels as motorways with only one lane. If there are 2 people on motorway/channel 1 while being extremely close to each-other, than they may interfere and one of the two drivers can't go as fast as they would like.

If all your nearest neighbors were to use motorway/channel 2, than it would cause instability.

This is why your app suggests 1, 6 and 14. These appear to be quite unused by your neighbors. Which means that you can drive as FAST as you want!

EDIT: @DelusionalSyko STOP NINJA'ING ME :P!

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

14th wifi channel is banned from using

Specs for that wifi card:

Speed: 802.11 b/g/n : downlink up to 300Mbps, uplink up to 300Mbps(20/40MHz)

So no...it wont connect to a 5Ghz connection.

Edit: it also says it runs on the 2.4Ghz frequency, didn't see that on the spec list first time through.

Specs for that wifi card:

Speed: 802.11 b/g/n : downlink up to 300Mbps, uplink up to 300Mbps(20/40MHz)

So no...it wont connect to a 5Ghz connection.

Edit: it also says it runs on the 2.4Ghz frequency, didn't see that on the spec list first time through.

How is that relevant? :P

Basic guide to CPU's!

14th wifi channel is banned from using

is channel 13 banned as well?