Leauge of Legends players admitted as sportsmen?

Gamers are admitted as sportsmen. Yep. You heard me right. And that happened right in United States. G4U Obama.

LoL championship series is a sport in US. Players in that championship got visa for work in US under that title says Nick Allen, eSports manager of Riot Games.

What do you think about this? We should really start playing LoL lol. If you know what i mean :P

ALL HAİL THA LoL...lol

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

Yeah... Lets all become.. Athletes... Yeah.

PC Specs:  2x GTX 550 ti in SLI - Intel i7 2600k @ 3.4Ghz - Thermaltake Overseer Case - 8 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram - 1TB Harddrive - 500 Watt PSU that came with my old prebuilt pc lawl -  ASUS P8P67 EVO

Peripherals:  Razer Deathadder Black Edition - Razer Arctosa Keyboard - Logitech G53 Headset

Cool song of the day: Chief Keef - Round da Rosey    Changed my profile pic again...                                        Mountain Dew is good. So are video games and music. Oh and unicorns.

Way to destroy the word athlete America.

While I am glad that LoL is admitted as a pro sport in some form, defining them as athletes is insulting to all sportsmen who play in athletic sports from soccer to american football to hockey etc.

Also, why LoL? Lots of other games have been around for much longer and have had more active consistent communities and they never got this recognition, what makes LoL different from the rest?

This decision pisses off actual athletes and gamers who partake in other games that should have at least got some recognition years ago but now feel they were bunked off due to the new RTS destroying craze MOBA.

I think it really shouldn't be considered a sport, I mean pro gamers don't have to train nearly as hard or as long as someone who is training for the Olympics. Not saying that they still don't have to train, but once you consider something that's inactive a sport what will be next? What will eating become a sport? I mean it gets to a points where you have to draw the line on whats real a physical activity. 

IMO there's a positive side of this, This allows Gamers, esports in general to grow bigger because they received recognition.

And since LoL which have the biggest amount of player is the one who gets it this may open bigger opportunity in the future not only for LoL but hopefully also to other games.

MB :MSI Z77a G45 | Proc: I5 3570K (Stock) | HSF : CM 212X turbo | RAM : Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2X4GB) | VGA : MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr | PSU : Corsair GS600 | Case : CM Storm Enforcer | Storage :  OCZ Vector 128GB, WD Blue 500GB , Samsung 840 Evo 120GB, WD Blue 1TB

IMO there's a positive side of this, This allows Gamers, esports in general to grow bigger because they received recognition.

And since LoL which have the biggest amount of player is the one who gets it this may open bigger opportunity in the future not only for LoL but hopefully also to other games.

the captain teemo has spoken..

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

I think it really shouldn't be considered a sport, I mean pro gamers don't have to train nearly as hard or as long as someone who is training for the Olympics. Not saying that they still don't have to train, but once you consider something that's inactive a sport what will be next? What will eating become a sport? I mean it gets to a points where you have to draw the line on whats real a physical activity. 

I saw some pro LOL players, they train 7 hours a day.

the captain teemo has spoken..

Actually I hate Teemo Very Much.

I used this Teemo Picture because it's cute that's all.

MB :MSI Z77a G45 | Proc: I5 3570K (Stock) | HSF : CM 212X turbo | RAM : Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2X4GB) | VGA : MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr | PSU : Corsair GS600 | Case : CM Storm Enforcer | Storage :  OCZ Vector 128GB, WD Blue 500GB , Samsung 840 Evo 120GB, WD Blue 1TB

I'm sure a chess grandmaster could get a visa under the same requirements, I don't see a problem with it.  esports entertain me more than sports do most of the time.

Way to destroy the word athlete America.

While I am glad that LoL is admitted as a pro sport in some form, defining them as athletes is insulting to all sportsmen who play in athletic sports from soccer to american football to hockey etc.

Also, why LoL? Lots of other games have been around for much longer and have had more active consistent communities and they never got this recognition, what makes LoL different from the rest?

This decision pisses off actual athletes and gamers who partake in other games that should have at least got some recognition years ago but now feel they were bunked off due to the new RTS destroying craze MOBA.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I think sports in general are out of porportion. Look at these athletes, they will make more money in a contract than a good doctor, laywer, or president will make in their entire lives. Which is more benificial to the world? An athlete that provides entertainment, or a doctor? Don't get me wrong. I still think they should be paid a decent amount of money but not as much as the other professions that are more vital to human life and human rights.

Counting "gaming" as a sport is redicoulus in my opinion. Games are created to entertain yourself, although this has been changing with competitions and Youtube, people are being entertained by watching people play games, but I don't think this should be considered a sport. The difference between an athlete that trains and does very hard physical activity to a guy that sits in a chair and plays a game online that has no real life benifits excpect a sense of accomplishment should not be a sport.

The definition of a sport is, 

So being able to be a sportsman of a sport requires you to be physicaly active during the sport.

Leauge of Legends players are too serious anyways. It's just a game. The game is harsh to new players and this is just going to make it worse.

To be blant I think this is stupid.

100% agree 

Actually I hate Teemo Very Much.

I used this Teemo Picture because it's cute that's all.

elo? matbe we can play together?

The definition of a sport is,

An activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others.

By that definition, curling isn't a sport. It's a game then, but it isnt.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

I think this thread can cause major discussion really quick

elo? matbe we can play together?

I Play in Garena server (I live in Indonesia). I actually Stopped playing it 8 months ago. Now I just play ARAM to have fun. I suck now.

How suck? Not even ranked player.

In garena server you need to have 20 or something amount of champion to be able to play ranked.

Professional starcraft players practice a ridiculous amount, and their ability degrades much faster without training than many Olympic sports (I'm sure LoL practice quite a bit too but I was never really into LoL so I don't know the scene). Also, competitive eating already is a sport.  

It's not a sport by definition though and should never be considered as such. It's professional gaming, it is it's own thing I don't see why they feel the need to be grouped with athletes. 

Speaking of which, League of Legends players tend to not have the best sportsmanship.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Knowing the government there is probably something financial underlying all of this.

Knowing the government there is probably something financial underlying all of this.

Well, yeah. One of the major benefits of being recognized as a sport is it makes it easier for tournaments involving foreign players to be hosted here, and makes the US seem more accepting towards esports. It's a big thing whether people like it or not, and beginning to declare esports as federally recognized sports is an easy wager that may have huge returns for the country in the future.

Case: Fractal Design Define R3 | MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570k @ 4.6GHz | CPU Heatsink: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO | GPU: MSI R9 280X @ 1150/1700  | RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 @ 1600MHz | Sound Card: ASUS Xonar DG | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB (WD1001FALS)

Wow, how can people think this is a bad thing? It's the first step in the right direction, and it's about time as well. The competitive gaming scene is huge and has been for a while now, it's only fair that the gamers gets the same "perks" as regular sportsmen.