Asus Gryphon mATX Haswell build.

nelodiavolo

Finally after about a month of waiting for some decent sales (picked up the 4670K for $199) and putting everything together, my latest build is complete. More pics here: http://s840.photobucket.com/user/NeloDiavolo/slideshow/Micro%20ATX%20Build

New parts:

Corair 350D w/Corsair AF140 front, AF120 rear Quiet 

Intel 4670K

Asus Gryphon w/thermal armor

Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB

Corsair H100i w/Corsair SP120 Performance

Corsair AX860 w/metallic graphite braided cables

Reused from old build:

Asus ROG Matrix 7970 Platinum

Samsung 830 128GB

Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB

Western Digital Raptor 150GB

Getting the Mobo, RAM, H100i, Power Supply installed. Changed the fan rings to white.

atx11_zpsfbc42944.jpg

CPU, Hard Drives, 7970, and cables going in. All power and data connectors hidden in back of HDD\Optical bays.

atx14_zps225e8b2a.jpg

Just another angle, I originally had the H100i fan cables but ditched them in favor of some NZXT braided extension fan cables and just connected them to the mobo.

atx16_zpsd84a3a21.jpg

Fans up front without cover. I think it looks good. Maybe when it gets hot outside I'll pull the cover off and let a little more air in.

atx17_zps813450af.jpg

With the side panel on.

atx19_zpsb3e8dffc.jpg

Overall I am pretty happy with the results. There are a few users out there with the same case and motherboard and I was curious how the Gryphon's colors would look once everything was packed in there. Honestly you can't really see any brown with the armor kit installed. The braided cables look awesome in person. I'm glad I decided to buy them over the red.

And the thing is pretty quiet compared to my old Cooler Master Stacker 830 case. :P  I put the step-down converters on the SP120's, but if I ever need more power I can take them off.

Thanks for looking! B)  

Asus Gryphon w/Thermal Armor / Intel i5 4670K / Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB / Asus ROG Matrix 7970 Platinum / Samsung 830 / Seagate Barracuda

Corsair AX860 / Corsiar 350D / Corsair H100i / Windows 8 Pro

Great cableruns, awesome colortheme and overall really great looking! Good job!

Current Rig:    AMD FX 8350 @ 4.3GHz | Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk Edition | ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z | ASUS AMD Radeon HD7950 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Red 1866MHz RAM

EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750 Watt PSU | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD | ASUS DVD Writer | CM Storm Trooper Windowed Edition

Peripherals:    BeyerDynamic Custom One Pro | Func MS3 | Steelseries QcK | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown (on release)

Thanks M-ursu and TheIceCage! Its my first attempt at these braided cables and they are super stiff! I might play with them a bit more to get them tucked a bit better. The back had to be pushed and held in order to get it on. In person the metallic graphite looks like carbon fiber. Has a really nice sheen to it.

Asus Gryphon w/Thermal Armor / Intel i5 4670K / Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB / Asus ROG Matrix 7970 Platinum / Samsung 830 / Seagate Barracuda

looks great awesome build. you though about unbolting the drive bays?

Parvum Systems S1.0, 3570K, H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16GB @ 1866, EVGA GTX 680 FTW+, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, WD Velociraptor 600GB HDD, Corsair AX850

God damn the gryphon with thermal armor is too gorgeous!

I really like it, very nice. That case is great.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

Looks awesome! I am considering buying that exact same case myself.  :)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

looks great awesome build. you though about unbolting the drive bays?

I haven't but I have seen others who have done it and it looks pretty good that way. For me, I may just leave it there in the event I might want to toss cables or misc stuff in there. Plus I have power and data cables routed behind it. I don't plan on using any Optical or fan controllers as it pretty much destroys the sleek front. 

Nice build! How is the PSU btw?

Its actually great! As far as I can tell there is no coil whine and its Hybrid fan mode is silent when powered on. The 860 is way more power than I need, but I figured that I could add another card later down the road.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Looks VERY nice! Quite similar to my build, with the same colour scheme and overall look (though I'll gladly admit that yours is much sexier!)

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

You could push the tubes coming out from the H100i a bit down so the corsair logo would show better :)

I have the extact same case and it's such an awesome mini powerhouse :D

Great build btw!

Build log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/47209-my-350d/#entry625528

Intel i7-4770k I Corsair H100i I  Asus Z87 Gryphon Geforce GTX 780 I Corsair 16GB Vengeance memory I x2 120GB Samsung 840 in RAID 0 & 2TB Seagate Corsair 350D Silverstone 750w 80+ Gold I

Silverstone Tek PP07 Cable Sleeving I Asus Xonar STX 

How was the H100i install onto the Gryphon? Straight up bolted on or did ya need more hardware/spacers? I ask because of a review on Newegg that read "Board is thin, needed extra hardware to install". Does the H100i kit come with extra hardware? like spacers? Just wondering what problem this reviewer ran into before buying this mobo.  Any help is greatfully appreciated as im building a rig myself and im interested in this mobo :) I currently have the Cooler Master N200 waiting to be filled hehehe.

Very Very nice rig BTW. I wanted that case bad but decided to save some bucks and the N200 just came out and sooted my saving needs lol XD

awesome gpu! sucks that it was only a limited edition card

How was the H100i install onto the Gryphon? Straight up bolted on or did ya need more hardware/spacers? I ask because of a review on Newegg that read "Board is thin, needed extra hardware to install". Does the H100i kit come with extra hardware? like spacers? Just wondering what problem this reviewer ran into before buying this mobo.  Any help is greatfully appreciated as im building a rig myself and im interested in this mobo :) I currently have the Cooler Master N200 waiting to be filled hehehe.

Very Very nice rig BTW. I wanted that case bad but decided to save some bucks and the N200 just came out and sooted my saving needs lol XD

I don't believe I have seen the review you are referring to, but I didn't have any issues installing the H100i with this mobo. I will say however that it is a tight squeeze with the armor installed. There isn't a lot of clearance when the tubes are facing to the left. I installed my 8pin and armor fan before mounting the rad. I only used the hardware provided by Corsair, mounting screws, washers, and ran it right through the rubber grommets of the case. Do you happen to have a link to the review? 

awesome gpu! sucks that it was only a limited edition card

Thanks! I read a comment from J.J. on YouTube mentioning that they were going to look into doing another run, but I have not heard anything since. I is a really nice card and I was lucky enough to buy one second hand for a decent price on HardForum. 

Just a heads up for you guys on the fence or waiting to buy this board, Newegg is offering a free Armor kit with purchase. That is a pretty nice deal. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131977

That looks very nice and clean, I love it, only thing I would change is maybe cover up/remove the sticker on the PSU.

This just solidifies my decision to built my new system with the 350d and  the gryphon (with the armor)

Case: Corsair 350D Windowed Motherboard: ASRock Pro4-M CPU: Intel i3-3320 Cooler: Stock(upgrade) Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600MHz Red GPU: Asus GTX DCUIIOC 650 ti  PSU: Corsair CX500 SSD: Samsung 840 128Gb

Monitor: HP 2159M, Random DELL 1280x1024 Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70  Mouse: SteelSeries Black Ops 2 edition Mouse Pad: Unsure Headset: SteelSeries Siberia v2 Blue Frost edition Labtec LT-820 Microphone: Blue Snowball: Frost

Very nice. I need to do a build in a 350d!

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0

Monty007, on 23 Jul 2013 - 9:19 PM, said:

Very nice. I need to do a build in a 350d!

Then put it next to your 900D and post a picture :)

Case: Corsair 350D Windowed Motherboard: ASRock Pro4-M CPU: Intel i3-3320 Cooler: Stock(upgrade) Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600MHz Red GPU: Asus GTX DCUIIOC 650 ti  PSU: Corsair CX500 SSD: Samsung 840 128Gb

Monitor: HP 2159M, Random DELL 1280x1024 Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70  Mouse: SteelSeries Black Ops 2 edition Mouse Pad: Unsure Headset: SteelSeries Siberia v2 Blue Frost edition Labtec LT-820 Microphone: Blue Snowball: Frost