Asus Gryphon mATX Haswell build.

nelodiavolo

I don't believe I have seen the review you are referring to, but I didn't have any issues installing the H100i with this mobo. I will say however that it is a tight squeeze with the armor installed. There isn't a lot of clearance when the tubes are facing to the left. I installed my 8pin and armor fan before mounting the rad. I only used the hardware provided by Corsair, mounting screws, washers, and ran it right through the rubber grommets of the case. Do you happen to have a link to the review? 

Thanks! I read a comment from J.J. on YouTube mentioning that they were going to look into doing another run, but I have not heard anything since. I is a really nice card and I was lucky enough to buy one second hand for a decent price on HardForum. 

Just a heads up for you guys on the fence or waiting to buy this board, Newegg is offering a free Armor kit with purchase. That is a pretty nice deal. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131977

Here's the link http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131977&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&PageSize=10&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&IsFeedbackTab=true#scrollFullInfo

Alright! sounds good, i'm deffinately ordering this board now! Thanks so much for the info and the link for free armor :D 

Here's the link http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131977&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&PageSize=10&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&IsFeedbackTab=true#scrollFullInfo

Alright! sounds good, i'm deffinately ordering this board now! Thanks so much for the info and the link for free armor :D

Great, glad you could take advantage of the deal! I read the review that you are referring to, but I don't understand what that person had issues with. I used the motherboard cpu mounting hardware (The 1155 screws) and had no issues whatsoever. I'm guessing that they used the wrong screws for 2011? Anyway, you should be good to go.

Asus Gryphon w/Thermal Armor / Intel i5 4670K / Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB / Asus ROG Matrix 7970 Platinum / Samsung 830 / Seagate Barracuda

Corsair AX860 / Corsiar 350D / Corsair H100i / Windows 8 Pro

Looks very good! I'm a sucker for the Thermal Armor of the TUF Series, it just looks so cool :D

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

GORGEOUS Love how clean it looks! (If you take the sticker off the psu i think it would look a little better)

Computers doe

GORGEOUS Love how clean it looks! (If you take the sticker off the psu i think it would look a little better)

That looks very nice and clean, I love it, only thing I would change is maybe cover up/remove the sticker on the PSU.

Good idea. It doesn't bother me though. I don't want to remove any stickers and void my warranty in the event I need to RMA. Maybe a magnetic piece will cover it? 

Asus Gryphon w/Thermal Armor / Intel i5 4670K / Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB / Asus ROG Matrix 7970 Platinum / Samsung 830 / Seagate Barracuda

Nice build, although i would turn the back fan around. It will be better temps on your cpu.

Good job man!

CPU- I7 7700K @ 4.4Ghz, RAM- 32 Gig Hyper X @ 2800 mhz , GPU - GTX 1080ti Strix 11gb , MOBO- Asrock Fatality Z270 , SSD :Kingston Hyper X SSD Fury and Samsung 500gig

• 4 weeks later...

Just a small update, 

I ordered some white LED's because it was pretty dark in there in the evenings and night. I was looking at the Bitfenix Alchemy but just when I was about to buy them, Newegg went out of stock.  :P So I did some digging around and came across these from SilverStone. They look pretty much spot on with the Bitfenix ones, but the power cables are not black. Similar style connectors that allow it to be daisy chained together. 

http://www.amazon.com/Silverstone-Tek-Flexible-12-Inch-LS01W/dp/B00DJ7BNWA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1376769419&sr=8-1&keywords=silverstone+ls01

But, at about half the price for these compared to the Bitfenex for the same length, I decided to give them a shot.

It's hard to get the lighting on camara, but here is the best pic I could muster. In person its much more natural looking.

P8160379_zpsa374ec7a.jpg

The contents of the package. 12 in strip with 15 LED's

P8160382_zps26e3e79a.jpg

Up close

P8160383_zpseceb34c3.jpg

Overall the build quality was really good. The colored wires are not pretty but I was able to tuck it away pretty well underneath the HDD tray and in the optical drive bay. Also the power cable is extremely short. In a pinch I used two of my 4 pin braided cables so that I could connect to the top and bottom. Overkill, as an extension cable would have been a better option. I may do that later on. Recommended for sure.    

really nice man, I've been contemplating getting that case and a 100i. . . I think I will towards the end of the year

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

Looks great with the light. But are the LEDs facing the mobo? Looks like it. Might look better if they were facing each other. And distributing the light more. Or even on either side instead of top and bottom. Just an idea.

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0

Looks great with the light. But are the LEDs facing the mobo? Looks like it. Might look better if they were facing each other. And distributing the light more. Or even on either side instead of top and bottom. Just an idea.

Yea I played with the lighting before mounting it and this seemed like the best at the time. However, I think I might redo the bottom to face up and keep the top facing the mobo. On the top when I faced it downwards, it was too dark. The bottom if faced up might spread more light on the GPU cables. I think since my GPU takes up a bunch of space, it blocks a bit up light in the middle. In person, its actually not that dark though.

• 1 month later...

awesome!...havent seen alot of gryphon builds...looking to get one (not that im copying,....bu didnt have a big enough budget for a sabertooth + 750D build :(...) what are the temps like? and noise levels?

CPU: i7-960  3.2GHz on H50 | RAM: 12GB Corsair XMS3 1333MHz | MB: ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 | GPU: PowerColor RADEON HD 5770 | SSD: Samsung 840 120GBHDD: WD 1.5TB Green Drive | PSU: OCZ StealthXStream 500W Case: Cooler Master Elite 430 

Clean build! How are you liking your Asus Matrix 7970? I love mine  :wub:

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the late replies, I didn't see them until now.  :P

awesome!...havent seen alot of gryphon builds...looking to get one (not that im copying,....bu didnt have a big enough budget for a sabertooth + 750D build :(...) what are the temps like? and noise levels?

My idle CPU temps are about 28c, mobo 29c, and GPU 34c Load temps are about 39c CPU, 39c Mobo, and 59c GPU. If I recall correctly, during summer time I was hitting only a few degrees higher. I'm using the Thermal Radar 2 sofware and set the fan levels depending on how hot it gets in my room. Right now its pretty cold so I have the fans set medium to low and noise levels are decent. This case is not silent however. I can hear noise from my HDD every so often and of course the fans spinning when under load. 

Clean build! How are you liking your Asus Matrix 7970? I love mine  :wub:

I'm in awe of the performance of this card. It gets the job done and pretty much eats anything I throw at it. I only game at 1080p but I will eventually get into 1440p displays once they become more price competitive. Only then will I consider upgrading if This card can't keep up. Surprisingly its rather quiet when idle and I even find the load noise tolerable. I am however not a silent freak. :lol:   

Built one of these for a friend with a 4670k a h110 and lots of noctuas. Let me know if you need any help!

Brilliant! Love how clean this looks and how compact and filled the case is! Lovely job! :D

Build log

CPU: FX-6100 @ 3.9 MOBO: GA 990XA-UD3 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB GPU: HD6870 PSU: Corsair GS800 Case: Bitfenix Outlaw SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Cooling: Custom Water-Cooling Peripherals: Keyboard: G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Sensei Steering Wheel: Logitech G27 Sound: Speakers: Logitech x530 Headset: Razer Chimaera Monitor: Benq G2450HM, LG 32" TV

Nice i like it :) nice and clean 

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

• 2 weeks later...

Nice build man.  I love the 350D. 

I wish Corsair would make a obsidian series compact ATX case about the size of a Fractal R4. They could call it the Obsidian450D.

Too many options of the same thing makes something old quickly also the 900D, 750D, and 350D are optimised for water cooling which isnt really the most "compact". i do think they need a 150D though thats a itx.

• 1 month later...

This looks amazing, im planning to do a build very similar to this in the near future, but it will be .... BLUE ! - loving this though, keep up the awesomeness !

• 1 month later...

How loud it is? I´am really worried about this because i´am building exactly same pc only stock cooler gtx 780 :D and do want silent build.