Advice on getting a G502, a Razer Ouroboros, or just buy another R.A.T. 7

Hey guys, I would like a bit of help, I want to get a new mouse, as my current one, a Madcatz RAT 7 is starting to act up a bit( I prefer the more heavy mouse, the RAT weighs in at around 180 grams with all the additional weights installed ) and I am hovering between 3 choices, the Logitech G502, Razer's Ouroboros or get another Madcatz RAT 7 or maybe a RAT 9. I don't mind the "cheap" (?) feel that some people have with the Ouroboros, as the RAT 7 is made from the same stuff. Feedback from people who actually used both mice( G502 and Ouroboros ) is especially helpful, thanks a lot for the help in advance. :)

i have had a logitech G500 for quite a while, and i couldnt be much happier with it.

Personally for me with rather large hands, the G502 is too narrow for me.  The G500s, G500, G5 all fit me perfectly.  I use a G600 for MMOs, and had to get a G100s as a replacement for my MX 518.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

take the g502. I have it, wuldn't give it away

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

don't go for the RAT 9. Wireless = no go for high level pc gaming when you need razor fast twitch reactions. 

I LOVE my rat 7 too, but... It already took a bit of a fall and i managed to break one of the retention brackets on it. Some soldering fixed the bracket but i've lost the ability to angle the left thumb rest to any other positions. 

From what I hear, the Razer Our. is a good mouse, just overpriced right now, they're still show boating the "new design" even though the mouse has some age nowadays.

The logitech is a great mouse, comfortable (for me at least) and has a handful of buttons for all you MMO gamers out there :3

All in all, both are good choices, I would point at the G502 or another RAT because I hate symmetrical mice (find them horrendously uncomfortable) But its up to you. If you can, try to find a shop that's got em on display and give em a grip. That'll narrow your choices down a bunch.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

The g502 has the locking scroll wheel.  Only time I've ever seen that, and it's freaking amazing.  People seem to underestimate it.  

As far as mousey things go, it's a bit on the slim side, but the buttons are very well positioned.  Has a high-quality weight and feel to it.

insaneguy, both the Ouroboros and G502 have roughly the same weight and I don't really mind the cheap-feel build, as the RAT 7 is the matte, non stick plastic. Woll3, if you don't like weighty mice, try the rat7, it's almost 200 grams, while the g502 is around 140 grams and I love to feel a bit of weight behind the mouse, like the vibratie in a controller.

insaneguy, both the Ouroboros and G502 have roughly the same weight and I don't really mind the cheap-feel build, as the RAT 7 is the matte, non stick plastic. Woll3, if you don't like weighty mice, try the rat7, it's almost 200 grams, while the g502 is around 140 grams and I love to feel a bit of weight behind the mouse, like the vibratie in a controller.

RAT 7 is 150g and G502 120g, which is too much for fast paced games and playing 20+ hours per week, i feel crippled by it in general.

Edit:

Have you tried a lighter mouse and lower sensitivity? You could for example try it out with the R.A.T. T.E.

I don't mind the "cheap" (?) feel that some people have with the Ouroboros

I had the Ouroboros for a while. I didn't use it as it didn't feel comfortable enough in my hand, I prefer small mice, but for what it's worth I never thought the Ouroboros felt cheap.

Hey guys, I would like a bit of help, I want to get a new mouse, as my current one, a Madcatz RAT 7 is starting to act up a bit( I prefer the more heavy mouse, the RAT weighs in at around 180 grams with all the additional weights installed ) and I am hovering between 3 choices, the Logitech G502, Razer's Ouroboros or get another Madcatz RAT 7 or maybe a RAT 9. I don't mind the "cheap" (?) feel that some people have with the Ouroboros, as the RAT 7 is made from the same stuff. Feedback from people who actually used both mice( G502 and Ouroboros ) is especially helpful, thanks a lot for the help in advance. :)

G502 Is what I am getting. All the reviews of the mouse have been 100% positive and it is recommended as the best all around mouse. Its sensor is also not janky or weird. Sure, you can't change the color. That's really the only con though. Plus it has a great weight system with a little case that holds the weights so you don't lose them! ^_^

I'm going to punch your face- IN THE FACE.

The G502 might not be for you depending on how you like your ring finger and pinkie finger on your mice. It has no support for them, so you have to just kind of leave them hanging.

It bugs me so I don't really like that mouse, but you might be fine with it.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))