cheapest quad core CPU for a LGA 1150 motherboard

Hello so by this point i am getting frustrated with my pentium-g3220 it just bottlenecks my r9 280x so  i need a upgrade so any cheap quad core cpu that can run on this motherboard ow and btw should i buy more ram so i have 8 gb or a new cpu?

I5 4460, worthy of the price if you ask me

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

Hello so by this point i am getting frustrated with my pentium-g3220 it just bottlenecks my r9 280x so  i need a upgrade so any cheap quad core cpu that can run on this motherboard ow and btw should i buy more ram so i have 8 gb or a new cpu?

also dude get a 2nd stick of ram, 8gb are a must if you have an r9 280x

also dude get a 2nd stick of ram, 8gb are a must if you have an r9 280x

Can you tell me why i always wonder how dose ram improve game preformance? 

Do you want a true quad core? If so, i5 4440 or 4460 (<- slightly better).

You can also go dual core + hyperthreading if you reeeally want cheapest. i3 4160 or something. (would recommend the 4440 though)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

It doesn't?.....

You can also go dual core + hyperthreading if you reeeally want cheapest. i3 4160 or something. (would recommend the 4440 though)

+1

*laughs manically*

It doesn't?.....

Well the guy posted about getting more RAM and technically having more RAM can help improve gaming performance if you don't have enough, but speed is largely irrelevant.

Well the guy posted about getting more RAM and technically having more RAM can help improve gaming performance if you don't have enough, but speed is largely irrelevant.

Yeah, but in theory 4GB is fine as long as you close down unnecessary programs.

Games use a certain amount.  Having less than they need will hurt you, and having extra wont help you at all.  It just matters that you have enough.  On most systems used for only gaming you'll use around 6GB, so 8GB tends to be the sweet spot.

no man a quad core  i mean i am playing gta V now with my cpu i get 60+ fps with most setting on very high the problem is when i am driving the road and the buildings are not there i have to wait like 10+ plus sec for everything to load 

Yeah, but in theory 4GB is fine as long as you close down unnecessary programs.

Yea but why dose the gpu need 8gb of ram for what?

The VRAM in a GPU is used as a cache for in game textures. So, the higher the resolution of the textures, the more VRAM is needed. 

It does not but 4 Gb does not let you any breathing room to run things in the background. Having a browser opened in the background and/or having skype running in the background might just rape that 4 Gb

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

i mean 8gb ddr3

i5-4440 is the cheapest.

No reason to pay the extra $10 for 0.1 GHz getting the 4460.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

no man a quad core  i mean i am playing gta V now with my cpu i get 60+ fps with most setting on very high the problem is when i am driving the road and the buildings are not there i have to wait like 10+ plus sec for everything to load 

defrag your hard drive

Hello so by this point i am getting frustrated with my pentium-g3220 it just bottlenecks my r9 280x so i need a upgrade so any cheap quad core cpu that can run on this motherboard ow and btw should i buy more ram so i have 8 gb or a new cpu?

Like the others said, get the i5-4460. Also 8GB ram is more than enough for gaming. :)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.