Oneplus stops Lollipop Update to add 'Ok Oneplus' voice command

Go to solution Solved by Majinferno,

I understand they are always late but heres the thing. What exactly does lolipop do that the one plus one can't do now?

I'm seriously asking because I don't know.

Well now, voice wakeup :)

I've always had custom Roms, and even flash cm12s on initial release. Lollipop hasn't really been something I've been waiting for. Can't really imagine going back to KitKat.

Source : http://m.androidcentral.com/cyanogen-os-12-update-oneplus-one-temporarily-pulled-add-ok-oneplus-feature

The over-the-air rollout for Cyanogen's version on Android 5.0 Lollipop for the OnePlus One actually started a week ago. However, a Twitter message this morning from OnePlus co-founder Carl Pei confirmed that the update has been pulled.

(look In link for the twitter message)

This is obviously disappointing news for OnePlus One owners who have been waiting patiently for the Cyanogen OS 12 update. However, the addition of "Ok OnePlus" to the download might be worth it. As the name implies, it will be similar to "OK Google" voice search feature.

Am I glad I sold my OPO a while ago.

This is pretty... Funny... However I am not one to laugh at other's misfortune normally.

Dick move by OPO but I guess it's useful.

Apparently it is used to unlock the device like the Moto X.

I'm pretty sure OnePlus said that the OTA would be out 100% by last Wednesday, they're just a company built on false promises. I like their hardware, but from a PR standpoint they suck donkey balls. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

That seems like it is so much more stupid to say.

Internets Machine: Intel 4690k w/ Be Quiet! Pure Rock 4.7Ghz. MSI Krait z97. 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Ram. MSI GTX 970 SLI 1520mhz. 500GB Samsung EVO 840  & 3TB WD Blue Drive. Rosewill 1000w Modular PSU. Corsair Air 540

My Beats Yo: Desktop:SMSL SA-160 Amp, KEF Q100 w/ Dayton 100w Sub Theater: Micca MB42X-C x3, MB42X x2, COVO-S x2 w/Dayton 120w Sub Headphones:  HIFiMan HE-400i, PSB M4U2, Philips Fidelio X2, Modded Fostex T50RP, ATH-M50, NVX XPT100, Phillips SHP9500, Pioneer SE-A1000, Hyper X Cloud 1&2, CHC Silverado, Superlux 668B

This is just fucking sad: why would I bother with oneplus now, might as well get a fucking Samsung

-------

Current Rig

-------

That's pretty pathetic, I'll never use this feature so for my myself this waiting is just a dreadful thing.

Kind of want to switch phones now, can't be bothered with being dicked around.

This is just fucking sad: why would I bother with oneplus now, might as well get a fucking Samsung

That's pretty pathetic, I'll never use this feature so for my myself this waiting is just a dreadful thing.

cant you guys just install the custom cyanogenmod rom

Why is it pathetic? Just wondering. Motorola has a very similar feature. This was also a feature intitally on the One that was removed early on.

Source : http://m.androidcentral.com/cyanogen-os-12-update-oneplus-one-temporarily-pulled-add-ok-oneplus-feature

The over-the-air rollout for Cyanogen's version on Android 5.0 Lollipop for the OnePlus One actually started a week ago. However, a Twitter message this morning from OnePlus co-founder Carl Pei confirmed that the update has been pulled.

(look In link for the twitter message)

This is obviously disappointing news for OnePlus One owners who have been waiting patiently for the Cyanogen OS 12 update. However, the addition of "Ok OnePlus" to the download might be worth it. As the name implies, it will be similar to "OK Google" voice search feature.

Am I glad I sold my OPO a while ago.

This is pretty... Funny... However I am not one to laugh at other's misfortune normally.

Dick move by OPO but I guess it's useful.

Can you please clarify in your thread that this is a voice command that's supposed to work when the device is locked. Similar to the moto X. I think people are getting the impression that its replacing the normal OK google command from the now launcher.

Can you please clarify in your thread that this is a voice command that's supposed to work when the device is locked. Similar to the moto X. I think people are getting the impression that its replacing the normal OK google command from the now launcher.

Well ot be honest I thought it was to replace the Ok Google voice command too :o

"Ok, OnePlus, how do I change your god damn voice activation back to 'Ok, Google?"

"Ok, OnePlus, how do I change your god damn voice activation back to 'Ok, Google?"

Look the 2 posts above yours :P

I understand they are always late but heres the thing. What exactly does lolipop do that the one plus one can't do now?

My Computer

Beef Cake

Intel i5 4690k @ 3.5GHz - EVGA 970 FTW - ASRock Z97 Extreme3 - Kingston HyperX Fury 8Gb 1866MHz - 120GB Samsung Evo - 1TB Toshiba Drive - 320GB Samsung Barracuda - Corsair 500M

Well ot be honest I thought it was to replace the Ok Google voice command too :o

Yea its a feature that they used as an initial selling point. I think they feel they owe the feature to the early buyers. So its bad for those that don't have the update, but kinda good for those that wanted the feature. :P

I've always had custom Roms, and even flash cm12s on initial release. Lollipop hasn't really been something I've been waiting for. Can't really imagine going back to KitKat.

Well the way that I look at it is, yes they are late but it's something that 1) You can flash your device anytime you want to and 2) It is not something that is fixing the phone entirely. Everyone phones still work running 4.4. It would be a different story if lollipop fixed a major bug in 4.4 such as a battery drain or cannot open certain pre-installed apps. 

I myself have a One Plus One and have been waiting for Lollipop but that's just because I like the look of it. Of course I can get a theme but I'll just wait.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember hearing that lollipop on the One has a major battery drain which I think is a major problem.

My Computer

Beef Cake

Intel i5 4690k @ 3.5GHz - EVGA 970 FTW - ASRock Z97 Extreme3 - Kingston HyperX Fury 8Gb 1866MHz - 120GB Samsung Evo - 1TB Toshiba Drive - 320GB Samsung Barracuda - Corsair 500M

ha flagship killer my arse

i hate oneplus

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Well the way that I look at it is, yes they are late but it's something that 1) You can flash your device anytime you want to and 2) It is not something that is fixing the phone entirely. Everyone phones still work running 4.4. It would be a different story if lollipop fixed a major bug in 4.4 such as a battery drain or cannot open certain pre-installed apps.

I myself have a One Plus One and have been waiting for Lollipop but that's just because I like the look of it. Of course I can get a theme but I'll just wait.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember hearing that lollipop on the One has a major battery drain which I think is a major problem.

It seems to be an issue with several OEMs. Its a wakelock problem brought forth by the new Google service update. Haven't had the issue on my One ,but I always use privacy guard and greenify.

Why is it pathetic? Just wondering. Motorola has a very similar feature. This was also a feature intitally on the One that was removed early on.

Because for most people it's used less than 0.01% of the time. Delaying a much needed update for such a silly feature just bothers me I guess.

Because for most people it's used less than 0.01% of the time. Delaying a much needed update for such a silly feature just bothers me I guess.

This feature was marketed during initial release. Therefore, its something they feel they owe to the early buyers. Your number has no source and whether you find the feature useful or not is subjective. Voice wakeup while locked is great while driving or busy imo

I liked this feature from the motox. It's nice seeing it on the one. However, they should of just made it an incremental bundled with the Google fix, but I guess they want to just add it to the main ota

I'm still not sure if i should get this or the HTC One M9 because both of them are to my liking... 

This feature was marketed during initial release. Therefore, its something they feel they owe to the early buyers. Your number has no source and whether you find the feature useful or not is subjective. Voice wakeup while locked is great while driving or busy imo

I liked this feature from the motox. It's nice seeing it on the one. However, they should of just made it an incremental bundled with the Google fix, but I guess they want to just add it to the main ota

My only source is my friends who have never used the feature but sure whatever. But I agree it should have been an incremental update for sure.

Seems incredibly stupid.  

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

For $350, cant complain about the build quality. But the software has been getting shittier over the time.