Youtube materials

jdmilion

what are all of the materials needed to begin youtube?

I have a more than powerful enough PC

I have sony vegas 13

I need a webcam,

I need a mic

And i need a recording software

What else do i need? Will more RAM help with rendering/editing?

Ram and cores help with everything, except gaming, fucking gaming. If you are asking for suggestions on the things you need then I can help there if needed.

I have a more than powerful enough PC

I have sony vegas 13

I need a webcam,

I need a mic

And i need a recording software

What else do i need? Will more RAM help with rendering/editing?

Unless you have not enough you should be fine (8GB+ should be good)

The main thing you need to worry about is your cpu it does most of the work in recording and editing. Good luck!

Very little.

Computer. That's it

If you want moving pictures :-  something to take videos on (say a smartphone or web cam).

You could go all the way to Red weapon camera, stand alone mic, editing software, studio set up etc etc etc ; the world is your oyster, but to start you need very little

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

Depends on your type of content, Is it just one thing, Or will it be a range of things. That's the key.

- Ideas

- A PC

- possibly a mic

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Depends on your type of content, Is it just one thing, Or will it be a range of things. That's the key.

Mainly gaming

lol you dont need all that

you just need original content and a camera

having all that is not going to make you successful

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Unless you have not enough you should be fine (8GB+ should be good)

The main thing you need to worry about is your cpu it does most of the work in recording and editing. Good luck!

Pentium g3258 i could overclock it a lot if needed i have a z97 asrock pro3 or extreme 3 cant remember which. And i could eventually get an h100i or 212 evo

Ram and cores help with everything, except gaming, fucking gaming. If you are asking for suggestions on the things you need then I can help there if needed.

Yes it is for gaming

Pentium g3258 i could overclock it a lot if needed i have a z97 asrock pro3 or extreme 3 cant remember which. And i could eventually get an h100i or 212 evo

Thats an i3 processor, not great but ok for gaming when overclocked, some game slike far cry 4 wont even run on it. And it wont be ideal for editing or rendering, but you should be able to get it done! Good luck

Rode NT1-A is a killer mic, but some blue snowball will do just fine. For NT1-A you'll need an usb interface to plug xlr in, and some mic stand and that will get expensive... Rode's podcaster is also one that I've used and liked, available with usb.

For recording software OBS is good for 30fps gameplay fotage, but nVidia Shadowplay for 60fps. Fraps will do both just fine, but the file sizes are literally ten times bigger.

Only my opinions, don't kill me if u don't agree :D

Intel i7-4770K temperatures with stock cooler:

(CPU usage % + 100)/2

http://prntscr.com/8137dw

Mainly gaming

Alright, that can work, Just needs to be continuous or daily for the few people who've seen an episode or two can come back everyday or so to see new content. As long as it's new stuff, with interesting parts inbetween it should grow at a pace.

Alright, that can work, Just needs to be continuous or daily for the few people who've seen an episode or two can come back everyday or so to see new content. As long as it's new stuff, with interesting parts inbetween it should grow at a pace.

Would pre-making a ton of videos on weekends and editing them then uploading them during the week (because school) be a good idea?

Would pre-making a ton of videos on weekends and editing them then uploading them during the week (because school) be a good idea?

I guess so, Because then at least you know you have content being released for people to see. I'm building my own channel (Wolfy's Tech Reviews) Doing product reviews sort of what linus does and different things. But yeah, Pre-Making content and getting it all edited away to get it going should work.

Don't expect many views if you do gaming. There are thousands upon thousands of other channels doing the exact same thing.

Don't expect many views if you do gaming. There are thousands upon thousands of other channels doing the exact same thing.

But im me ;)