Black Snow build

Sorry, didnt mean to criticize your build or the effort you put into it. Just trying to find out what kind of requirements do users see for purchase justification. I can see cost for sure. Not quite sure on your second point.

However, I disagree with your third point. The FX-6350 has 3 modules with 6 "cores", if you look at the architecture, it's really a triple core machine considering 2 cores share an L2 cache, not one. Unless you are doing heavy multi-core numerical analysis or CAD, this will not be any more useful than a quad core machine.

AM3+ has had no future for a while, especially beyond FX-9590. The highest end chipsets (990FX and SB950) came out in 2011...there has been no further development for 4 years...just because there are new CPUs out does not mean they are new technology, just new chips.

Also, look at the power consumption and power handling required to sustain those CPUs. In fact, in terms of interconnect, there still has to be a north and a south bridge. In other AMD and Intel CPUs, these functions have moved to the CPU.

I had already found a mobo for my build and i went off that. that was my 2nd point. True, development has been lacking but does that truely condemn a socket or technology in general? I figure that as long as there is even a little bit of use then its not dead. AM3+ is still widely used. AMD still uses it, Motherboard manufacturers are still designing boards with it. I have not claimed either that the 9590 or am3+ had new technology. Only acknowlodging that they are still arounding, being used, and purchased.