First Build: Am I okay with these parts

So I decided to finally start PC gaming after many years of settling with consoles. My current PC isn't really for games and I've had it for a few years now so I want to build a new one. I've been watching videos and reading forums and I've chosen these parts.

Processor: AMD FX-6300 Black edition

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-UD3P

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GeForce 970 Superclocked (yes I know its only 3.5GB but it still has good reviews)

Power Supply: Corsair Builder Series CXM 600W Modular

Storage: WD 1TB 3.5 inch Internal Hard Drive - Caviar Blue (but i may just salvage one from my old PC)

Memory: HyperX FURY Series 8GB (2x 4GB) DDR3 1600MHz (in black)

Case: Corsair Carbide SPEC-01 Mid tower

I'm on a budget of about £600-650 so I may have to cut some corners.

Only using one 1080p monitor that I already have

Hoping to play some of the newer games but I'm not too fussed if I can't run on really high settings

Also I'm going for a black and purple theme so the red fan in the SPEC-01 will be replaced with some of corsair's purple led fans.

So yeah, any recommendations or alterations you think I should make would be appreciated  :D

Thank you guys!

So I decided to finally start PC gaming after many years of settling with consoles. My current PC isn't really for games and I've had it for a few years now so I want to build a new one. I've been watching videos and reading forums and I've chosen these parts.

Processor: AMD FX-6300 Black edition

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-UD3P

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GeForce 970 Superclocked (yes I know its only 3.5GB but it still has good reviews)

Power Supply: Corsair Builder Series CXM 600W Modular

Storage: WD 1TB 3.5 inch Internal Hard Drive - Caviar Blue (but i may just salvage one from my old PC)

Memory: HyperX FURY Series 8GB (2x 4GB) DDR3 1600MHz (in black)

Case: Corsair Carbide SPEC-01 Mid tower

I'm on a budget of about £600-650 so I may have to cut some corners.

Only using one 1080p monitor that I already have

Hoping to play some of the newer games but I'm not too fussed if I can't run on really high settings

Also I'm going for a black and purple theme so the red fan in the SPEC-01 will be replaced with some of corsair's purple led fans.

So yeah, any recommendations or alterations you think I should make would be appreciated  :D

Thank you guys!

No Don't mix that gpu and cpu!

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

CPU: AMD FX-8320E 3.2GHz 8-Core Processor  (£92.99 @ Ebuyer) 

CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS10X OPTIMA CPU Cooler  (£17.34 @ CCL Computers) 

Motherboard: MSI 970 GAMING ATX AM3+ Motherboard  (£74.99 @ Novatech) 

Memory: Team Vulcan 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£47.90 @ Overclockers.co.uk) 

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card  (£274.98 @ Amazon UK) 

Case: Zalman Z3 Plus ATX Mid Tower Case  (£26.99 @ Amazon UK) 

Power Supply: XFX 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£63.82 @ Amazon UK) 

Total: £637.35

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-19 18:53 BST+0100

Either this, or go with a Pentium G3258, and upgrade to a nice unlocked i5/i7 in the future. If this is going to be a pure gaming machine, I'd say go Intel. If you plan on other things, the AMD is hard to beat for value.

Yea the FX 6300 is going bottleneck that beast of a gpu, so I would reccomend an i5 or the FX 8320.

CPU: AMD FX 8320  CPU Cooler: 212 Evo GPU: Asus GTX 750 Ti @ 1400MHz RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2x4gb) MOBO: ASUS M5A97 R2.0 Power Supply: Evga G2 650 Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB, San Disk Ultra 240 GB SSD Case: Corsair 230t Orange

The FX-6300 will certainly bottleneck that PC, and therefore I've been putting together a slightly better cart for you that will not have CPU related bottlenecks. Also, the CPU is a bit more powerful than what the others have recommended. If the price is a bit too high, simply remove the 212 Evo.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor  (£127.00 @ Amazon UK)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (£26.34 @ Aria PC)
Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard  (£69.56 @ Scan.co.uk)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£50.77 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£42.95 @ CCL Computers)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB ACX 2.0 Video Card  (£269.94 @ Aria PC)
Case: Fractal Design Core 2300 ATX Mid Tower Case  (£28.94 @ Scan.co.uk)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£58.73 @ CCL Computers)
Total: £674.23

Get this build it's much better.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Df8XGX

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

The FX-6300 will certainly bottleneck that PC, and therefore I've been putting together a slightly better cart for you that will not have CPU related bottlenecks. Also, the CPU is a bit more powerful than what the others have recommended. If the price is a bit too high, simply remove the 212 Evo.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor  (£127.00 @ Amazon UK)

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (£26.34 @ Aria PC)

Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard  (£69.56 @ Scan.co.uk)

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£50.77 @ Amazon UK)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£42.95 @ CCL Computers)

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB ACX 2.0 Video Card  (£269.94 @ Aria PC)

Case: Fractal Design Core 2300 ATX Mid Tower Case  (£28.94 @ Scan.co.uk)

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£58.73 @ CCL Computers)

Total: £674.23

Thanks! Will I need the CPU cooler though? I've read a few places that the stock cooler isn't good enough for the 8350. Also if I do go for the cooler do I need to by thermal paste?

Thanks! Will I need the CPU cooler though? I've read a few places that the stock cooler isn't good enough for the 8350. Also if I do go for the cooler do I need to by thermal paste?

Depending on if you want to overclock, you might need a custom cooler. Tbh, the stock cooler for the 8350 is sorta decent, but the Hyper 212 Evo is recommended as it'll keep your CPU much cooler. This is important especially when overclocking.

The thermal grease that's included with the 212 Evo is OK, but if you can get a tube of Artic Silver 5 as it's sorta affordable but great.