Corsair 900D Owners Opinions Needed

i have seen and read pretty much all of the product reviews online and video-based.

but what are your thoughts on such a purchase? since you have the case and have used it,

built in it and put it through a bit more than the reviewers, what issues, annoyances or

prospected changes would you need to note for future buyers.

i have looked at a lot of the e-tailer reviews and after some time with the case, they seem

to develop some issues (none seem to be threatening) after time of being used, moved

around and built-in with working hardware. are all the boxes ticked on why you purchased

this case and what wasn't brought up in the reviews that you need addressed?

your thoughts might help others on buying this case.

(e-peen comments/criticisms not needed)

airdeano

I can't really comment on personal use of the 900D but I can say unless you plan on using all of the features it has to offer then it is a bad buy. Take for example the Corsair 650D, it has that same case styling so it looks awesome and is fully featured but for like half the price of a 900D.

I actually love my 900D over the 10 years I have been building computers for myself and other people. It has to be my favorite case.
I did come across some problems with the case when building in it, but they are fixable.
It has enough room for anything you need, when the case arrived, I said to myself: how am I going to manage to fill up this whole area with components. But later I managed to.
I'm currently air cooling my system, were you thinking or watercooling or aircooling your components? And what components?

Here is a picture of my system.

Sorry for the bad Iphone image quality. 

f8ar.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

I can't really comment on personal use of the 900D but I can say unless you plan on using all of the features it has to offer then it is a bad buy. Take for example the Corsair 650D, it has that same case styling so it looks awesome and is fully featured but for like half the price of a 900D.

And half the size

And half the size

Obviously, I said that in my post. Learn what the word feature means...

Obviously, I said that in my post. Learn what the word feature means...

In my eyes ( which work well I think) I didn't see anything anything about size you just said features can mean a lot of stuff.

I actually love my 900D over the 10 years I have been building computers for myself and other people. It has to be my favorite case.I did come across some problems with the case when building in it, but they are fixable.It has enough room for anything you need, when the case arrived, I said to myself: how am I going to manage to fill up this whole area with components. But later I managed to.I'm currently air cooling my system, were you thinking or watercooling or aircooling your components? And what components?Here is a picture of my system.Sorry for the bad Iphone image quality. f8ar.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Are those titans

Are those titans

Yes!

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

In my eyes ( which work well I think) I didn't see anything anything about size you just said features can mean a lot of stuff.

Feature

Noun: A distinctive attribute or aspect of something.

I said features to keep my post short and simple. Obviously the huge size of the 900D is one of it's features......

I'm buying a 900D and one thing is that it dose not fit in you desk slot for your computer.

I did come across some problems with the case when building in it, but they are fixable.

what were the issues and were they repaired or insignificant?

airdeano

what were the issues and were they repaired or insignificant?

airdeano

The case seemed to have warped/shifted over to the left.

The bottom door wouldn't close, which lead to the side panel not being able to be put on.

But I managed to bend it back in place, the door then was able to close and the windowed panel was able to be put back on. When engineering there was not enough room. Above or under the bottom panel, so any movement (even a 1/4 inch/cm) in the bottom panel, lead to the side panel not being able to be put on. 

That's was my only problem. The build quality is pretty good. But not the greatest, probably due to how inexpensive it is. 

I received my 900d about a week ago. I was little worried about the shipping, because the case is large and heavy, so it might have a hard life during shipping. There have been numerous people that has received the case broken. Even my case was damaged during shipping. Luckily the damage was quite small and unnoticeable. The front aluminium plate had removed from the case and was free to move inside the packaging. This caused one of the pegs to be twisted out. Unfortunately it cannot be fixed. I decided not to send the case back to the retailer, since 900d availability is so poor that it would have taken weeks to get a new one. I don't think either that Corsair is willing to send me a new front plate. If the case ever gets spares, maybe I buy a new front plate.

This is just a warning to anyone thinking to buy this case. Be prepared to send it back.

There has also been some cases where the case was badly put together and had issues like bad side door fitting etc.

Also the magnetic latches aren't my favourites, since they might work loose after a while.

But everything else is magnificent! A lot of features and space, stylish looks and generally well built.

Intel i7 4770k | Corsair H100i | Asus Maximus VI Extreme | 16Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz | Asus GTX 780 SLI | Samsung 830 Pro 256GB + 6TB WD Red | Asus Xonar Phoebus | Corsair AX860i | Corsair 900D | Win 8 Pro 64-bit | 2 x Dell U2412M | Logitech G710+ | Logitech G602

I received my 900d about a week ago. I was little worried about the shipping, because the case is large and heavy, so it might have a hard life during shipping. There have been numerous people that has received the case broken. Even my case was damaged during shipping. Luckily the damage was quite small and unnoticeable. The front aluminium plate had removed from the case and was free to move inside the packaging. This caused one of the pegs to be twisted out. Unfortunately it cannot be fixed. I decided not to send the case back to the retailer, since 900d availability is so poor that it would have taken weeks to get a new one. I don't think either that Corsair is willing to send me a new front plate. If the case ever gets spares, maybe I buy a new front plate.

This is just a warning to anyone thinking to buy this case. Be prepared to send it back.

There has also been some cases where the case was badly put together and had issues like bad side door fitting etc.

Also the magnetic latches aren't my favourites, since they might work loose after a while.

But everything else is magnificent! A lot of features and space, stylish looks and generally well built.

thank you for your feedback.

airdeano

I have been using my 900d for a while now and I love it. I didn't have any issues building into it. Only thing is its REALLY heavy once built. Mine is somewhere between 90-100 lbs

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0

I have been using my 900d for a while now and I love it. I didn't have any issues building into it. Only thing is its REALLY heavy once built. Mine is somewhere between 90-100 lbs

so, someone with a "flimsy" desktop should be aware that this case when loaded

could be an issue. i'd agree to that, because just the case is 40lb empty.

so none of your basement doors pop open by themselves?

airdeano

so, someone with a "flimsy" desktop should be aware that this case when loaded

could be an issue. i'd agree to that, because just the case is 40lb empty.

so none of your basement doors pop open by themselves?

airdeano

No. No problem with the bottom 2 doors. I have taken out the removable cover to provide more airflow to my rad but it also lightened the door quite a bit by doing that.

I also forgot to mention earlier about the optical bays. I wish they did something to maintain the brushed grill aluminum front fascia. I mounted my dual bay/res combo inside the case because I think it looks really ugly when you put something in there. I even run a USB DVD drive so that I don't have to put something there. People have said to try a stealth install of a DVD drive but it makes it look mis-aligned so I decided against it.

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0

• 2 weeks later...

The only thing i have had a issue with so far is the weight, this thing weighs a tonne and i have only put the Power supply Rads and hard drives in it so far, but that is kinda expected when it comes to the size of this case. Other then that the quality is top notch and i had no problem paying 350$ for this case due to the amount of features it has and the fact that it should be my case for the next 5+ years

Here is my build log if your interested http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/33993-new-build-900d-sli-watercooled/

| Corsair 900D | i7-4770K | ASUS Maximus VI Formula | SLI ASUS Geforce GTX780 | EK & Alphacool WaterCooling | 

| Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 32GB | | Two Corsair Neutron GTX Series 240GB SSD | Corsair AX1200i |

| Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Two Seagate Barracuda 4TB  | Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit |http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/189392-corsair-900d-sli-watercooled-refresh-and-new-setup/#entry2550514

The only thing i have had a issue with so far is the weight, this thing weighs a tonne and i have only put the Power supply Rads and hard drives in it so far, but that is kinda expected when it comes to the size of this case. Other then that the quality is top notch and i had no problem paying 350$ for this case due to the amount of features it has and the fact that it should be my case for the next 5+ years

Here is my build log if your interested http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/33993-new-build-900d-sli-watercooled/

thank you for your input..

airdeano

Yes!

Holy sh*t that thing dwarfs the Titans!

Well if I helped build my friends machine and he has a 900D. He loves the thing, he's also into the whole custom watercooling scene, which if you're into I'd say this is probably the case to buy.

I'm the one who overclocks.

CPU: i5 2500k w/CM Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO OC'd@4.2GHz RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB  MOBO: Intel Burrage DP67BG GPU: MSI GTX770 Twin Frozr 2GB HDD: 2x Seagate 2TB Barracuda PSU: Gigabyte ODIN 550W

Pros:

It looks stunning. Like all cases in the obsidian series it's a black monolith of sex appeal.

It's huge, so it will fit pretty much anything you can possibly think to put in a case. For instance, if you wanted to put an HPTX motherboard in there, you can.

It's awesome for watercooling since you can put any number of giant radiators and reservoirs in there. Something like two 480 radiators and 360 radiator and two 400mm reservoirs at the same time is possible.

Cable management is a cinch with ample room behind the motherboard tray for cables and lots of rubber grommets and other places to direct your cables through.

The case is pretty much modular so you can pick it totally apart if you want to. If theres something you want to remove because it serves no purpose for you. Odds are you'll be able to with little effort, no modding required. Philips head is all that you'll need.

Enormous side window let's you see every part of the machine you put effort and likely shit tons of cash in to building.

Lot's and lot's of fan mounting options. think it's something like 15 fan mounting options.

Cons:

Unless you can bench press a car, lugging this thing to a lan party is going to be a real pain. It is huge, all metal and thus it weighs a ton. A full system in there and or water cooling will make it ridiculously heavy.