Sapphire evaluates next gen HD 9970 + New leaked pic

nicehat

Among the more notable elements are the following:

• 12 layer PCB (already mentioned in prev posts)
  • May include a 512 bus 
  • Shortened card to increase compatibility with smaller cases
  • 8 pin and 6 pin power
  • 250 TDP (still rumor)
  • Q3-Q4 2013 release 

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/graphics/display/20130710230935_Sapphire_Begins_to_Evaluate_Next_Gen_AMD_Radeon_HD_Graphics_Card_with_Select_Customers_Report.html

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

im SURE they will have a new design for it cuz they have to counter nvidia 770,780,Titan in design too that thing looks o basic for a 4000 shader unit 1 ghz clock speed ed card

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

I cant bring myself to buying AMD's cards. I realize they preform better but all of the cool tech that Nvidia has usually brings me to the green team.

I cant bring myself to buying AMD's cards. I realize they preform better but all of the cool tech that Nvidia has usually brings me to the green team.

i don't see that much cool tech to bring me over to Nvidia lol other than shadowplay, nothing else seems worthwhile to give up performance

the 8xx from nvidia has an Arm core  which sounds awesome and other new innovations

the 9xxx is pretty much more of the same 

we need something more awesome come on AMD !!!!

uve been using the same playbook since 2008

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

the 8xx from nvidia has an Arm core  which sounds awesome and other new innovations

Price:Performance ratio is Steeply in AMD's favor..For the every day gamer with $200-300 bucks in their pocket to upgrade their rig with, its a no brainer to go with team red. Plus you get all those free games to fool around with. Thats how I feel about current gen

Next gen? I think AMD has a few cards  :P up their sleeve

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

The 800 series is still way off, and there is no way of telling what new technologies the 9000 series is bringing.

At lest with the 7000 series AMD actually introduced a new architecture with GCN unlike Nvidia's Kepler which is just neutered fermi.

The best Anti Aliasing technology SMAA uses AMD's MLAA technology, which AMD released a few years back, AMD was the first to bring multi-monitor gaming to the market & the first to introduce hair physics to games with TressFX & Tomb Raider.