Experiences with non-techies

Yup. Has been there for as long as I have used Chrome OS (since about the beginning of September).

gallery_37587_679_23903.png

Oh I thought you ment on the tabs. Yea I have that too :P

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

500 POOOOOOSSSSSTTTTSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

a girl thought software is a clothing(soft wear). she answered in class raising hand before me and said "isnt software shirts that are soft?", Oh god why

While it is understandable how somebody could believe that, the only people who I can excuse after saying that are old people, not a girl who has probably spend a considerable amount of time on the internet or with tech. How can you be under the age of 18 and not have heard the word software being used to refer to a computer program?

FIVE HUNDRED MUTHER EFFING POSTS! HELLZZ YEAH!

That's new.

not really she thought that CD was Underwear, as in indonesia language = Celana Dalam, means underwear

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

not really she thought that CD was Underwear, as in indonesia language = Celana Dalam, means underwear

Is she a time traveler from a few decades ago? It's one thing to not know what software is as it has only been commonly used since the mid 90's, but CD's have been around so long and have gotten into almost every somewhat advanced culture on Earth that not knowing what that is is just...

Is she a time traveler from a few decades ago? It's one thing to not know what software is as it has only been commonly used since the mid 90's, but CD's have been around so long and have gotten into almost every somewhat advanced culture on Earth that not knowing what that is is just...

Government school, most kids are from the ghetto's. Thanks SBY(ehm, indonesian's obama)

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Wait, is she a non-techie, or are you just making fun of someone for being Indonesian?

Wait, is she a non-techie, or are you just making fun of someone for being Indonesian?

Both.

(NOW)War Horse:

(WAS)Old Coop:

Both.

Ouch.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (9TB partition for general storage + 2TB partition for dumping ground), 4x 8TB WD White Label/Red (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

OptiPlex 7040M

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700, 2x16GB Mushkin Redline (stuck at 2133MHz CL13), 240GB Corsair MP510, 130w Dell power brick, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

-Customer calls in asking if they can get help creating an email.
-I forward them to the site to create an email.
-They ask what to do.
-I tell them to enter the information into the form.
-They're response "This wont mess up my computer will it? I did this before and it did."
-My response when hearing this was to facepalm.

Codename: Project Stealth. See profile for specs.

-Customer calls in asking if they can get help creating an email.

-I forward them to the site to create an email.

-They ask what to do.

-I tell them to enter the information into the form.

-They're response "This wont mess up my computer will it? I did this before and it did."

-My response when hearing this was to facepalm.

I would have just gone, "oh yeah, you are right this will break your PC, perhaps email is not a good option...well bye"

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Both.

You shouldn't make fun of someone just because they are Indonesian. Or at least keep it in the "Experiences With Indonesians" thread.

You shouldn't make fun of someone just because they are Indonesian. Or at least keep it in the "Experiences With Indonesians" thread.

Is that even a thread?

Is that even a thread?

It could be. We could put it in the same Sub-Section as "Experiences With Jews" and "Experiences With Women".

I need to get my mom to stop using thunderbird. Takes up 330mb runing in backround. Im getting her to switch to opera, chrome/firefox took up 100-200 mb each on the 4gb mac. There was less than 1gb free 

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

It could be. We could put it in the same Sub-Section as "Experiences With Jews" and "Experiences With Women".

So I guess we are going to have a subforum entirely dedicated to experiences with different demographics then...

Speaking of sub forums, WHEN THE HELL IS THIS THREAD GONNA GET PINNED?

I need to get my mom to stop using thunderbird. Takes up 33mb runing in backround. Im getting her to switch to opera, chrome/firefox took up 100-200 mb each on the 4gb mac. There was less than 1gb free 

I remember when I used thunderbird. It was/is shown as taking up 72 gb of storage on my laptop. I quicly found out after installing it that it was pointless to have it as I mostly use/check my gmail on my phone. 

Apparently 8 cores means that there are 8 CPUs in a computer.

LOL

That would be awesome!

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

Apparently 8 cores means that there are 8 CPUs in a computer.

LOL

if it weren't for the controller logic....

I need to get my mom to stop using thunderbird. Takes up 33mb runing in backround. Im getting her to switch to opera, chrome/firefox took up 100-200 mb each on the 4gb mac. There was less than 1gb free 

1GB free is plenty, and if she had 8GB of RAM she would probably still only have 1GB free. Because of how RAM works and is used, you don't magically get more "free RAM" by buying more RAM and you OS certainly is not going to leave "Free RAM" unused if it has a use for it. "Free RAM" is not a measurement of how good your RAM supply is. If you have RAM, it gets used, if you don't, it isn't used.

That would be awesome!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813182294

My friend is always saying that I have too much stuff open on my Chromebook because I have a lot of stuff pinned... Even though there's a little white line underneath the program if it's running...

When I started using Windows 7 my dad was always complaining that I had too many things opened, it was just the pinned programs...

i'm a potato

1GB free is plenty, and if she had 8GB of RAM she would probably still only have 1GB free. Because of how RAM works and is used, you don't magically get more "free RAM" by buying more RAM and you OS certainly is not going to leave "Free RAM" unused if it has a use for it. "Free RAM" is not a measurement of how good your RAM supply is. If you have RAM, it gets used, if you don't, it isn't used.

But still, lots of things using too much ram. 330mb used for nothing at all (thunderbird)

and firefox and chrome 100-200mb each>?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I need to get my mom to stop using thunderbird. Takes up 330mb runing in backround. Im getting her to switch to opera, chrome/firefox took up 100-200 mb each on the 4gb mac. There was less than 1gb free 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813182294

I can prove that this is true, I have 8gb of RAM in my MBP and it's almost always using as much of it as it can. Like right now I only have 4 tabs open in safari and my RAM usage is at 6,5 gb right now :P

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

But still, lots of things using too much ram. 330mb used for nothing at all (thunderbird)

and firefox and chrome 100-200mb each>?

If she has 1GB free, she's not using too much of anything. If the system has decided that it can spare 1/4 of here total RAM to be "Free", then the system is not taxed in any way.

When I started using Windows 7 my dad was always complaining that I had too many things opened, it was just the pinned programs...

I still can't tell very well which of my tasks are active. It changes from purple to a slightly lighter purple. I miss when it was Grey and the active one was a nice solid deep blue.

If she has 1GB free, she's not using too much of anything. If the system has decided that it can spare 1/4 of here total RAM to be "Free", then the system is not taxed in any way.

I still can't tell very well which of my tasks are active. It changes from purple to a slightly lighter purple. I miss when it was Grey and the active one was a nice solid deep blue.

Do you use 8?

I can prove that this is true, I have 8gb of RAM in my MBP and it's almost always using as much of it as it can. Like right now I only have 4 tabs open in safari and my RAM usage is at 6,5 gb right now :P

Really I have 9 tabs open in Chrome and Task Manager says i'm using about 2.75gbs.