HEROCast Puts Viewers in the Action of Live Events

large_HEROCast___2_.jpg

That magical broadcast system that GoPro developed with in conjunction with the NHL for use back a few months ago is coming to the main market for anyone to use - so long as you pony up the $7,500 it costs to have one for your Hero 3 or Hero 4. 

These bad boys supply 720p/60fps or 1080p/60fps (nice to have choice, some broadcasters don't care for full 1080p and only need 720p)

large_ColtenMoore_G0064678_2_.jpg

HEROCast is available as an independent unit that can be connected to a GoPro camera via a lockable HDMI cable, which is optimal for body mounting and engaging POV shots. HEROCast BacPac directly connects to housing of a GoPro camera, delivering an integrated, water-resistant* solution for immersive live action footage. Both configurations are compatible with HERO4 and HERO3+ Black cameras, carry up to an estimated 40 minutes of battery life** (may be powered externally for extended use), and deliver industry-standard wireless broadcast at a fraction of the cost of comparable equipment.

HEROCast    $7,500 MSRP

•       Optimized for body mounting and engaging POV shots
  •       Separate units for versatile mounting and easy accessibility
  •       Easily attached to GoPro mounts including Chesty and more
  •       Connects via [supplied] HDMI cable

HEROCast BacPac    $7,500 MSRP

•       All-in-one solution for immersive live-action footage
  •       Camera, transmitter, housing, and BacPac in one convenient unit
  •       Mounts to walls, cars, and other larger surfaces
  •       *Water resistant to IP67 specification

http://gopro.com/news/herocast-puts-viewers-in-the-action-of-live-events?utm_source=exacttarget&utm_medium=email&Utm_campaign=20150413_GoProAnnouncesHEROCast_PR%20Media%20Contacts&utm_term=read_more

These technology never cease to amaze me. in the future i'll be waiting for a VR equipment attached to Go pro to tour places where the disabled can not visit.

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Inb4 not for the average consumer. 

It looks cool though. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

cant wait to see this used in sports. see the game from the QBs POV? see the receivers catch?be pretty sweet

Nice, but what makes it 7500 bucks?  :huh:

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Nice, but what makes it 7500 bucks?  :huh:

RnD and the actual quality product provided i believe. high end camera have always been at the costlier side.

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

RnD and the actual quality product provided i believe. high end camera have always been at the costlier side.

Cameras, sure, but this is just the broadcasting unit if I'm not mistaken.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Cameras, sure, but this is just the broadcasting unit if I'm not mistaken.

The broadcasting units RD probably was the opposite of cheap, combined with the low volume they'll actually make, plus who they are aiming this at - broadcasters. 

The guy who spend several hundred thousand a camera for their stadiums won't care that these cost 7.5k a piece (maybe 8.5k once you add your GoPro and accessories needed). One of those "our target market already is used to paying a lot for speciality equipment, why not" 

The broadcasting units RD probably was the opposite of cheap, combined with the low volume they'll actually make, plus who they are aiming this at - broadcasters. 

The guy who spend several hundred thousand a camera for their stadiums won't care that these cost 7.5k a piece (maybe 8.5k once you add your GoPro and accessories needed). One of those "our target market already is used to paying a lot for speciality equipment, why not" 

Yeah, I suppose so. It's just weird that it would cost several times more than the camera itself ^^

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Yeah, I suppose so. It's just weird that it would cost several times more than the camera itself ^^

Its not an unusual precedent for them, IIRC the broadcast grade lenses that Canon/Sony provides cost around 100-150k whereas the bodies are 1/4 the price usually.