Will it operate with two dual channel kits?

Go to solution Solved by Lotus,

My kit is a 1600MHz kit, and I wanna get the same one, so I don't have to set that in the bios, right? I mean, if both of the kits are at the same frecuency?

So long as the rest of the timings are the same, you're fine and won't have to change anything.

My motherboard is a dual channel mobo. It has four DDR3 slots, two blues, two blacks.
I currently have a GSkill Sniper 2x4GB kit on the blue slots. Would my pc operate if I get another GSkill Sniper 2x4GB kit and use them on the black slots?

That's pretty much my question. Thank you!

memoria-ram-gskill-sniper-8gb-2x4gb-ddr3

Yes. Even if you get different speed of memory, so long as you set it in bios to operate at the slowest of the two speeds (not just MHz, but also timings) then you'll be okay.

You can use different channel kits like quad with a dual channel mobo but I believe it will slow down performance, but yea I believe you can

Dual channel kits do not mean they are designed for dual channel. Their just saying that those two ram sticks have been specifically verified to work together in dual channel. Two dual channel kits running quad channel are the same as a quad channel kit, assuming that the two dual channel kits work together. That dual channel tag is just showing that the manufacturer says those two sticks will work together as specified without question.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Yes. Even if you get different speed of memory, so long as you set it in bios to operate at the slowest of the two speeds (not just MHz, but also timings) then you'll be okay.

My kit is a 1600MHz kit, and I wanna get the same one, so I don't have to set that in the bios, right? I mean, if both of the kits are at the same frecuency?

So long as the rest of the timings are the same, you're fine and won't have to change anything.

Would be fine. This is what you are supposed to do. As long at both have the same timings and frequency, you are going to have no problem. Having two different kits whether it is different timings or frequencies is a big no-no though

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things