I want to completely remove the metro UI in Windows 8

I have the metro UI disabled almost entirely in windows 8, but I want to REMOVE it. I've looked in the windows folder and system32. There is a folder named startscreen but there isn't anything in there that would run it, just a couple reg files that have to do with windows help. Any thoughts as to where it might be hiding?

`

I have the metro UI disabled almost entirely in windows 8, but I want to REMOVE it. I've looked in the windows folder and system32. There is a folder named startscreen but there isn't anything in there that would run it, just a couple reg files that have to do with windows help. Any thoughts as to where it might be hiding?

Pretty sure it's not possible for the average user, but can I ask why? I don't see the point if you never see it anyway. btw it's not a .exe

Install Window 7.....and chango presto.....no metro UI.

Seriously, though, I have no clue. I thought it was part of the OS and couldn't be removed.

That's why I have windows 7 :)

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

some settings can only be changed though metro apps. youd be crippling your PC by removing it. unless you need a few hundred megs of space, I dont see why this is neccessary

That would basically break your windows install.

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Do this and you'll never have to see it:

Right click on task bar

Properties

Navigation

Check: When I sign in go to start, show desktop background on start

make sure everything else in navigation is unchecked

profit.

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

I think the startscreen is built into the core of Windows, but you can remove the modern UI apps if you want.

Computer Science student proficient in OSX, Linux and Windows

(Dell Inspiron 7570): i5-8550u | Geforce 940MX | 8GB RAM | 128GB SSD | 15.6" 1920x1080 ScreenWindows 10 |

Do this and you'll never have to see it:

Right click on task bar

Properties

Navigation

Check: When I sign in go to start, show desktop background on start

make sure everything else in navigation is unchecked

profit.

I've already done everything that is listed here, I was just wondering if it was possible. I use classicshell.

`

you are going to break the OS..no doubt, at best you will make it critically unstable.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit