Corsair K70 or Das model s

ayobreezy12345

I'd go K70 just because of software and LEDs

+1, same! DAS will be better for typing and Corsair for gaming and looks (in most cases)

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

Well, with the Das you're going to be losing a few features. However, it also depends on your aesthetic preference. I'd choose the Das Keyboard because of it's simplistic and professional design, however, you'd be losing out on the back lighting, something that a lot of people think is a necessity. Cant really ask us as we don't know what you like. ;) 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I'd take the K70 because of media keys.

The Das Professional 4 is my daily driver though, and the build quality of their keyboards is really second to none.

K70 because I have one

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

+1, same! DAS will be better for typing and Corsair for gaming and looks (in most cases)

Uh, the Corsair will be pretty much just as good as the Das when it comes to typing and gaming. Both have Cherry MX switches and a metal backplate. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

K70

9590|EK-Copper|Sabertooth 990FXR2.0|16GB RIPJAWS Z|Dual MSI Gaming 290|Corsiar AX1200i|Corsair 760T|3TB Seagate+Dual 120GB Samsung 850EVO in Raid 0

LTT'S Official Radeon Master Race Club Founder-Predicts TitanX2 (Prediction Date: 3-30-15)

XFX Needs To Make A 3 Fan Cooler 

I have the K95 and I'd say I've had better typing experience when I am trying the Das Professional 4. The somewhat raised keys of the K95 as kindly as I can put it... distracting for intense typing. The wrist rest is relatively low as well do it doesn't help with that too. If the keys are at the same level as the G keys I would be very happy. For gaming it's another matter, the raised keys feel just right when just resting in a fixed position just pressing a few keys. 

So it really depends on what you are after, if you want something for the office I wouldn't recommend the K70, I'm bringing my K95 home one of these days when I can find the 200 bucks I need to replace it with the Das Pro 4.

As for LED, backlight is more than enough for me personally and I would rather spend the extra money with RGB on build quality. From what I see however is that the RGB versions of the K70 and K95 comes with better program that makes the entire keyboard programmable, that's actually one of the most convincing selling points of the RGB versions for me, but I can't fathom why they don't use it for all their K70 and K95 line ups because I really

DONT

WANT

RGB 

I have the K95 and I'd say I've had better typing experience when I am trying the Das Professional 4. The somewhat raised keys of the K95 as kindly as I can put it... distracting for intense typing. The wrist rest is relatively low as well do it doesn't help with that too. If the keys are at the same level as the G keys I would be very happy. For gaming it's another matter, the raised keys feel just right when just resting in a fixed position just pressing a few keys.

So it really depends on what you are after, if you want something for the office I wouldn't recommend the K70, I'm bringing my K95 home one of these days when I can find the 200 bucks I need to replace it with the Das Pro 4.

As for LED, backlight is more than enough for me personally and I would rather spend the extra money with RGB on build quality. From what I see however is that the RGB versions of the K70 and K95 comes with better program that makes the entire keyboard programmable, that's actually one of the most convincing selling points of the RGB versions for me, but I can't fathom why they don't use it for all their K70 and K95 line ups because I really

DONT

WANT

RGB

how does the keys on both keyboard feel ? does Das keyboard affect gaming ? I was interested in the Das keyboard because it's 150 Aud while k70 is 178 (the Das keyboard is blank too which I find intriguing https://www.ple.com.au/ViewItem.aspx?InventoryItemId=613182)

-snip-

Just to clarify that I do not yet own the Das Pro 4, I have tried it numerous times at the store and friends place. So I definitely do not know exactly how it would feel for gaming. I mainly want it for work to replace my K95 because 1) Despite I prefer red keys I do make more typos compared to browns and 2) raised keys of K95 is causing fatigue.

The keys feels fine on the K95 mostly except for the longer keys such as the space bar. shift keys, backspace and enter. These keys feels much more wobbly and feels different depends on where on the keys you press them. I would prefer all keys to have exactly the same feel so that typing on them wouldn't be distracting at all. I have a blackwidow ultimate at home in blue keys and I have not had such issues. I have asked around and it seems like it is a general issue for the red keys? I dunno, I haven't had the chance to try out other red keys yet.

I personally prefer red keys over brown keys, but I do love the das professional 4, it really does feel like something special. And if you can touchtype no problem at all even for all the symbol keys, the ultimate version do look very, very badass. 

Das is my own personal preference, but it's up to you for aesthetics really.

With my own money I would buy the Das, one of my personal favorite keyboards solely for the design, volume wheel and ruler xD

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

lol STRMfrmXMN - If it had a ruler and volume wheel I'd consider it. None of the model 'S' DAS have anything of the sort.