Basics of rendering and encoding.

Hi guys, i've been working on a video project for the last week, when i finally rendered it i found out it was huge (like 2 Gb) i don't care too much right now, because i can just use it from my laptop, but i was planning to upload it to youtube and that seems to be a huge deal to do so, i've tried pretty much every profile including .mp4 with a smaller clip (like 3:30) and the lightest it gets is 54Mb, i usually download anime episodes and they are like 65 to 150Mb for 23mins depending on the quality, i totally get the fact that the more quality there is, the heavier the video gets, but whatever i try i can't match the Quality/weight rate of downloaded anime and youtube vids, so, i've googled it for a while but i don't seem to find any real answer, most of the video tutorials are just inviting me to download some shitty bloatware but not helping me out.

So, please, can anyone tell me how to reduce a video's weight at minimum without loosing quality and how it basically works? :D

Edit: I use Premiere Pro and extracted the "testing" clip from a dvd, that's what i've been experimenting with so i can render it in a short time.

Don't get mad, get even...

It's one or the other. Youtube looses quality anyways, regardless of the actual file quality. Go for the smaller file, it's much quicker to upload. 

I might be wrong.

upload in raw ;)

Go for the smaller file, it's much quicker to upload.

But it accumulates the errors of both encodings.

I'd export uncompressed and than encode in Handbrake to x264 crf 19