Youtube Looks Different on Laptop?

TheModMonster
Go to solution Solved by The DongFather,

I have that player on my Youtube on my desktop PC. It's apparently a new player that they're slowly rolling out, starting with Chrome users. Who gets the new player seems to be very random though, I have it but none of my friends do yet and my family don't either.

Hello! I have two Windows 8.1 Devices. My Custom built Desktop and my Laptop Asus X55C DS31. I opened Youtube on my desktop and got this picture: 

VKIisPi.png

But when I opened Youtube on my Laptop I got this: 6gZkypx.png

Why does my laptop have a newer Layout? I would normaly take this as an update, but it does not appear on my Desktop! Is there a way to update my Desktop? Or is there something else causing my laptop to do this? NOTE Both Laptop and Desktop are using Windows 8.1 64bit Google Chrome

My PC/ CPU: Intel i5-4690k with ColerMaster Hyper Evo 212 / Motherboard: Asus Z97-AR GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti / OS: Windows8.1 / RAM: G.Skill Ares Series 2x4 1600Mhz / Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM Optical Drive: ASUS 24B1ST / Network: TP-Link WN881ND /////////////////////////// If I fail to respond to your questions, please message me! Thank you

Hello! I have two Windows 8.1 Devices. My Custom built Desktop and my Laptop Asus X55C DS31. I opened Youtube on my desktop and got this picture: 

But when I opened Youtube on my Laptop I got this:Why does my laptop have a newer Layout? I would normaly take this as an update, but it does not appear on my Desktop! Is there a way to update my Desktop? Or is there something else causing my laptop to do this? NOTE Both Laptop and Desktop are using Windows 8.1 64bit Google Chrome

are both newest version of chrome? stable channel both?

That looks like the mobile player or the one on the chrome cast, that is really weird.

CPU: i7 5820K @ 4.00GHz Mobo: ASUS X99-DELUXE LGA 2011-v3RAM: Corsair LPX 64GB Quad-Channel DDR4 @ 2400MHzGPU: GTX 970 x2 SLI | Storage: 250 GB AMD SSD x 4 Raid 0

are both newest version of chrome? stable channel both?

Both Desktop and Laptop are running 

41.0.2272.118 (Official Buildm

And what do you mean by Stable Channel Both?

My PC/ CPU: Intel i5-4690k with ColerMaster Hyper Evo 212 / Motherboard: Asus Z97-AR GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti / OS: Windows8.1 / RAM: G.Skill Ares Series 2x4 1600Mhz / Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM Optical Drive: ASUS 24B1ST / Network: TP-Link WN881ND /////////////////////////// If I fail to respond to your questions, please message me! Thank you

Both Desktop and Laptop are running 

41.0.2272.118 (Official Build) m

And what do you mean by Stable Channel Both?

stable

beta

dev

canary builds

but thier both on stable looks like

I want that layout lol 

stable

beta

dev

canary builds

but thier both on stable looks like

I want that layout lol 

I want it on my Desktop too! How can I fix it and what is causing it?

I just looked into it. Both are running Adobe Flash Player 17.0.134 As well....

I want it on my Desktop too! How can I fix it and what is causing it?

why would you wanna fix it lol

did u opt in to something by chance?

try incognito mode is it still thier?

I have that player on my Youtube on my desktop PC. It's apparently a new player that they're slowly rolling out, starting with Chrome users. Who gets the new player seems to be very random though, I have it but none of my friends do yet and my family don't either.

im on the dev channel and i don't even have it lol

why would you wanna fix it lol

did u opt in to something by chance?

try incognito mode is it still thier?

I meant fix my Desktop :). But when I go into Incognito on my laptop it changes back to Original... :(

I meant fix my Desktop :). But when I go into Incognito on my laptop it changes back to Original... :(

so its when your signed in...

are you signed into youtube/chrome on your desktop? with same account as laptop?

so its when your signed in...

are you signed into youtube/chrome on your desktop? with same account as laptop?

Yes... 

Yes... 

hmm, now im really stumped...

What does the new one look like on the regular page, non full screen?

It is probably something along the lines of this. But they both look like they do in/out of fullscreen.

OOOOOOO. Can't wait, cuz the new player looks awesome!

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post